Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 394

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 394 =-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Last week's winners:

Lead:

Rhythm:

Bass:

•     Beginner: @blucrsr
  •     Intermediate: @Orkkongen (I think this is 3 straight weeks over 99.5% and an even longer streak over 99% - should be time for you to move up to Advanced 🙂
  •     Advanced: @Rodman
  •     Masterclass: @mobyte

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Foals - Spanish Sahara (3) chosen by @Mikson
Intermediate: Black Crowes - Jealous Again (5.5) chosen by @SpankNass
Advanced: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California (7) chosen by @HollyMakrell
Masterclass: Rodrigo y Gabriela - Tamacun (9) chosen by @Snakewizard
God of Guitar: Dream Theater - S2N (10) chosen by @Nacholede

Rhythm Path:

Beginner: Foals - Spanish Sahara (3)
Intermediate: Black Crowes - Jealous Again (5.5)
Advanced: Bruce Springsteen - The River (6) my choice
Masterclass: Rodrigo y Gabriela - Tamacun (9)

Bass Path:

Beginner: Black Crowes - Jealous Again (3)
Beginner Bonus: Foals - Spanish Sahara (2)
Intermediate: Bruce Springsteen - The River (4)
Advanced: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California (7.5)
Masterclass: Dream Theater - S2N (8)

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Thanks 7

2 hours ago, Banjoclan said:

Not sure why it does this. I set dynamic difficulty to 100 and then after the song is over is shows some bars at less than 100. Is there a way to lock it at 100?

try to turn off DD in game settings

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Banjoclan said:

Not sure why it does this. I set dynamic difficulty to 100 and then after the song is over is shows some bars at less than 100. Is there a way to lock it at 100?

Another way is, when you start in "learn a song"-version, then pause the song (as if you would practice a small part). Mark the whole song, and turn up difficulty to 100. And then go back to playthrough.

15 hours ago, jellisjenius said:
    Intermediate: @Orkkongen (I think this is 3 straight weeks over 99.5% and an even longer streak over 99% - should be time for you to move up to Advanced 🙂

Thank you, but I'd rather not. When I practice seriously I get some good scores on this level, but so far I don't have a chance on the advanced level. Sometimes I get a good score on advanced, but often I just cry my self to sleep with around 90%... 😉
And besides... the intermediate group is rather small... let's not all huddle together in the same group. 😉

1 hour ago, Orkkongen said:

Thank you, but I'd rather not. When I practice seriously I get some good scores on this level, but so far I don't have a chance on the advanced level. Sometimes I get a good score on advanced, but often I just cry my self to sleep with around 90%... 😉
And besides... the intermediate group is rather small... let's not all huddle together in the same group. 😉

I am the same... however I found Intermediate songs are getting easy for me and usually I end up with 99-99.7% score in 2nd or 3rd pass... and then in Advanced in 99% of cases I am last and 1% i am 2nd last 🙂

No worries though... If you will progress to Advanced we will compete each other for 2nd last and last position... LOL... 🤣

Where is the fun in winning every time anyway 🙂

Whatever you do, it does not matter in which class you are... it should be fun...

• Like 2

Ending solo is missing? oh well, more % for me
Also think the arpeggio section is missing an odd note.
NHO12A9.png

Quite nice on bass.
Cw7i0UO.png

Had to try this too
J0XwGCd.png

Oh this is real fun, gonna need a few more goes on this.
3pcb5YB.png

• Like 4

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

3 hours ago, kayteck said:

I am the same... however I found Intermediate songs are getting easy for me and usually I end up with 99-99.7% score in 2nd or 3rd pass... and then in Advanced in 99% of cases I am last and 1% i am 2nd last 🙂

No worries though... If you will progress to Advanced we will compete each other for 2nd last and last position... LOL... 🤣

Where is the fun in winning every time anyway 🙂

Whatever you do, it does not matter in which class you are... it should be fun...

Right, everyone has a slightly different perspective on this. I won't lie, it was fun to progress quickly to the point where I could get 99.5-100% every week on intermediate and win most of the time. But I decided moving to advanced would challenge me to keep getting better, so I made the move and I'm glad I did even though I've really only been close to winning once since moving up. Focusing more on the advanced songs feels like the right level for me...just far enough beyond my comfort zone that it's helping me improve. 

Anyway, aside from my own motivations I just want people to enjoy the championship and stick around. Having some kind of community around this is what makes it work 🙂

• Like 5

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

damn fun, cool song (7)

41156293bc.jpg

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

90, yes

41156346dc.jpg

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

who cannot love Rod&Gab, absolutely a 9

41156711uu.jpg

• Like 2

ohohoh... a lot of work to do

41156845ko.jpg

• Like 2

So how do you guys get solos like the end of this song down? If I have a song like "Every breath you take" by the Police I can slow it down really slow in RR and gradually work it up and get the muscle memory to get it. However, with the bends/taps/hammers in these type of solos, RR never recognizes everything so I find it very difficult. Any tips?

F62F7C755C678992C4DE6E17A55F71F995BFCD05

• Like 1

nice bass

41160056nn.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rodman said:

nice bass

41160056nn.jpg

i see we are playing different versions... Is the one I linked to in the song suggestion list no longer available? The version I am playing is a little more simplified...

Can you share the link to the SS list?

Edit: Ok I see my favorite version is no longer online. Big bummer because I am not keen on trying to master the current version... nut I will give it a try. If anyone wants an easier chart (and much better imho) let me know.

Did some play throughs yesterday, so I'll be sharing some scores before the practices for today... 🙂
The beginners is actually a bit difficult...

AD04FEF78CCC1C4793EF6AB91FB6932919B9FDDF

While the beginner bonus on the other hand just played it self (more or less):

857067B67B78700958671B1AA9E54E517619733C

There will be some score attacks today. With the intermediate... it's difficult until you get the hang of it. Then it's okay... this was my second play through:

F94384AA4469D1C94DD48EE99F89311A3DE1571A

And finally the advanced song... where some people think I should be... There was a lot of guessing...

37C2720A7C5A5040E41BB37E84BE411B4FB82B57

• Like 2

Not much (score-wise) progress today... 😞 But I've been thinking about this whole leveling problem. On one hand, I've been ruling the intermediate level for some time now. From that point of view I should get to the next level. But when I'm looking at the advanced level, it's clear to me that I can't really compete there. The top of the advanced level is often also above 95% in the masterclass level songs (as well as around 99% in advanced level). While I'm only above 95% in advanced class... now and then.
What I'm trying to say is, that either should there be an "in between" level for people like me (and Kayteck (no offence) 😉 ) or maybe some of the advanced people should be moving up more readily (The rule of 99,5% should maybe not apply to the top levels of bass).
It's nice to win now and then. That's not gonna happen for me any time soon with the advanced level.
(Yes, I know, it's just for fun, and that's why I often try the advanced song out).

On another note... I've also been thinking about the difficulty score of the songs. Maybe we could talk about the levels after the week is over... or a group of the championship managers (who do such a great job!). If the scores are lower for a song one week, then maybe it's because it was harder than usual. I noticed week 392 advanced Honey++ (Orange Coffee) had barely any competitors and rather low scores. The song was difficult 7... Two weeks before that we had Just a Girl (No doubt) where many of us (even I) had a score of 99%... also difficult 7. Ind hindsight Honey++ might have been quite a harder song than 7... (og Just a Girl was easier).
By looking at the scores afterwards it should be possible to asses the level more correct, and thus update the song list. 😉 Does it make sense?

I'm not English so I'm really straining my vocabulary around this note. 😛

• Like 5