How to use Custom DLCs in RS2014 Remastered [Updated for 2023]

Izzy

Which one is better? Or doesn't it matter? I'm re-installing Rocksmith 2014 right now due to a bug saying Rocksmith2014.exe was corrupted and would like to avoid this in the future. Any difference you can tell me about?

i had the same issue and installed the newer one and all is aell again.

Hope this helps

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm an older fellow and not very knowledgable in computers. It took me approximately 2 hours to set up Rocksmit on my computer. The Steam thingy really threw me off. So with that being said. Are there instructions on how to get the custom songs for Dummies ?

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

PC: Copy file: "_p.psarc" to "<Rocksmith2014 folder>dlc"; <-------- HUH ???? What does that mean ?

Your _p.psarc is just the file extension of the custom dlc's (songs) you will download from here if you are using Rocksmith on a PC.

Your dlc folder is where you will place all of your custom dlc's and is found in your Rocksmith2014 directory

Usually C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014 or where ever you installed Rocksmith.

Video guide: How to use CDLC (PC)

http://customsforge.com/topic/938-video-guide-how-to-use-cdlc-pc/?do=findComment&comment=4007

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

I have used Rocksmith quite a while now with custom songs..but is there like any limit of songs you can have?

Right now im having a problem with that. It just happened that a lot of the songs disappeated (just CDLC) from the song list.

Does anybody know why?

Hello all - thanks for the awesome site and content.  I'm pretty new to Rocksmith and want to load up some of the CDLC songs available here - I also look on the Anvil site (also awesome).  Here is my issue.  I've placed the DLL in the proper folder, fired up the RS Toolkit - changed the song from Cherub Rock to the song I purchased - and chose the CDLC song I downloaded.  I have about 6 or so that I would like to use and learn.  The CDLC song shows up in RS2014 as expected in the song menu (but only one at a time - not all of my CDLC files - is this typical?).  When I choose to learn the custom song - RS shows me the tuner - when I finish tuning - nothing else shows up.  The notes never start flying across the screen.  I basically have to ctrl-alt-delete and force RS to close - and then restart.

Any suggestions?  Am I missing something obvious?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 17

@@dscottintexas It sounds like you are doing everything correct. Strange that only 1 custom is showing up at a time. I have over 100 showing up in my learn a song menu.

All I can suggest is just double checking everything. Make sure you have the correct D3DX9_42.dll file and that it is located in the Rocksmith2014 directory.

I have seen two versions of this file. One has a size of about 129kb and the other is about 1.80mb. You want the smaller one.

Have you tried the rocksmith 2014 patcher.exe file that is listed as PC alternative 2 at the top of this thread?

Make sure your cdlc's are placed in the Rocksmith2014/dlc folder.

Sounds like you are following the correct steps using the toolkit. Unless the song already has the AppID of a song you own, I don't think the song will show up in the learn a song menu if you haven't changed the AppID. 

If you have not watched this video you might watch it just to see if you are missing something.

http://customsforge.com/topic/938-video-guide-how-to-use-cdlc-pc/

• Like 3

As far as I know you have to buy one song though Ubisoft/Steam in order to get cdlc's to work.

You also want to make sure the official DLC you have purchased isn't something so recently released that the Toolkit hasn't been updated to allow you to change the AppID. Most of us that pre-purchased RS2014 got the CherubRock as a free dlc, so that is what most of us use. It might be worth buying CherubRock just so that you don't have to mess with learning how to change the AppID in the Toolkit (although that is definitely a core skill you want to develop).
  • Like 4

Hi Guys, Having a problem with CDLC on my Mac.
I have RS2014 on Steam. (bought RS and the disc import tool too, that all works.)
I have bought some DLC, including Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins. All working fine.
I downloaded some CDLC "_m.psarc" and placed it in the same folder as the legit DLC turns up in ( "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc/")
I have downloaded  RSInjector.app
I start Steam, and then start RSInjector.app
Rocksmith 2014 starts as expected, but no CDLC shows up.
I must be missing something obvious, but I can't work it out. Any help would be great. Thanks.

• Like 2

Hello,Some CDLCs work fine, but with some others when i play a song sometimes the notes disappear and appear without a reason, sometimes the same song work perfectly. With some CDLCs the song starts but no note appears. (for example: Garbage - I'm Only Happy When It Rains)I have tried to change the D3DX9_42.dll with the 2 versions given in the PC Alternative 1 but nothing changes.With the patch in the PC Alternative 2, when i start the rocksmith i have an error message which says "check if steam is loading" (probably not the exact message because of the translation). Rocksmith starts  anyway, but the language is in english instead of french and i have neither my user account nor my savegame, nor the CDLC.Please note that it's written to launch the executable "Rocksmith_custom.exe" but the file given is "Rocksmith2014_patcher.exe"If it can help i have Windows 7x64 and a legit french version of Rocksmith 2014 and Cherub Rock DLCIs there somebody here who can help me to fix the proble with some CDLDs?Thanks !PS: sorry for my bad english

How can I install the file to a specific PS3 folder?

I don't own a PS3 or know anything about them. I'm not sure if this helps or answers your question.

PS3: Install files: "_ps3.psarc.edat" to "/dev_hdd0/game/BLUS31182/USRDIR/DLC", if the folder DLC does not exist, just create it.

• Like 1

Some CDLCs work fine, but with some others when i play a song sometimes the notes disappear and appear without a reason, sometimes the same song work perfectly. With some CDLCs the song starts but no note appears. (for example: Garbage - I'm Only Happy When It Rains)

I downloaded I'm Only Happy When It Rains, but it seemed to work fine for me. A couple things you might try.

A lot of the song are written for lead, rhythm & bass. If you are not seeing any notes like the first two measures of this song it is because only the rhythm is being played. Press you control key (ctrl) on your keyboard to change between lead & rhythm.

With the notes appearing & disappearing might have to do with master mode. While you are in the game press your space bar to get into 'Tools' then select 'Options' then 'Play Settings' go to 'Master Mode' and make sure it is set to off. (Uncheck the box)

Sorry I can't help with the patcher file. I don't get any error message. You might try deleting the patcher file and just use the D3DX9_42.dll file.