-= WEEK 500 incoming =-

Rodman

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Hear ye Hear ye!!!!!!

It might sound like a joke and a myth but...

WEEK 500 is incoming!!!!

And i am not letting that one pass without celebrating that as it should be celebrated.
So... what are we going to play there - songs chosen by the longest active members? the very first songs played in the CS? the songs most oftenly played in the CS? the most downloaded songs in ignition? freshly charted songs for that special week (man what an idea, love that), random songs from songs played in the other anyversaries???? No we won´t - we are going to play our most favourite TO PLAY cdlc of them all. And with our i mean your of course. We have got 40 weeks, and for the last 10 i will be setting up a poll to vote for the ones to be used in each diff category (and depending on #of choices also paths).
So from that very moment suggestions are highly welcome and needed (CDLC and link - so we have the exact version in cases of doubt) right here or in the CS forum.

So - which song is most fun for you, which one do you play again and again and again for no reason (up to 5 suggestions per player, you may specify the path if there is one you clearly prefer). Please include diff rating (1-10) if you can.

Rock!!! Rod.

(Rodman) Tenacious D - Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown) (6/na/5) Int/Adv @ fripponomic s awesome version

(Rodman) Metallica - Seek and Destroy - (8/7/7) - Advanced all paths - there is @ Nacholede s version now, i gotta play that one head to head with the multitone version i used to play soo often, usually Nacho takes the win for me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Damn..and here i was wishfull thinking rocksmith + would be out before week500 😄

in my opinion Hopefully the cdlc that gets choosen if there is a week 500 hasnt been made yet. As there is atleast a dozen of cdlc made per day thats a good 3650+ songs minimum to choose from. 

But thats kind of a boring answer so ill go play some more. Problem is most of the songs i like arent really hard or challenging.  

• Like 1

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

4 hours ago, cacahuate51 said:

Damn..and here i was wishfull thinking rocksmith + would be out before week500 😄

in my opinion Hopefully the cdlc that gets choosen if there is a week 500 hasnt been made yet. As there is atleast a dozen of cdlc made per day thats a good 3650+ songs minimum to choose from. 

But thats kind of a boring answer so ill go play some more. Problem is most of the songs i like arent really hard or challenging.  

That´s a very good thing cause we need the easy ones too! Beginner songs are hard to find. So play some and let us know!

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

On 8/14/2022 at 9:06 AM, kayteck said:

we should also consider some specials for week 520 - 10 years anniversary... 

What do you think 😉
Of course - already in planning - most likely with a collection of the first songs played in the CS here at CF!

• 4 months later...

I thought of doing that for the 10year aniv... let´s see

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/30/2023 at 10:11 PM, avastreg said:

@ Rodman  do u get an idea of what to do with week 500? 3 weeks left!!!

Yeah... i still of course wanna play the most loved CDLCs of the players - i really hope there is gonna be feedback now.. 😉

Hi @ Rodman  and hi fellow Championship mates!🤟🎶

I just wanted to throw some ideas apart from which songs to play:

1. If there is enough data from the past, there could be an announcement of the top three trophy winners. It could be only about the last year or the last XX weeks, because that is already too much info. In the other hand, it could be a competition from the week 500 to the week 520. 

2. I saw the list and we are almost 180 members. So I think would be good to make a collective invitation directed to all the 180 members, to participate in the week500 celebration. There is already a list, so it is a matter of copy-paste adding @ to each name. The risk with this is actually being successful and having too many competitors, which would be a burden to organize.  

3. Last week @ Razrshred  posted a score playing in multiplayer, and actually I thought that was cool! I do enjoy playing in multiplayer myself, but only have done a few times because I don't have many people around that play guitar/bass. So there could be a tournament in multiplayer, with a simple rule of just adding the accuracy of both players as the score. I think this category should be a bit informal and free of level of difficulty, thinking that it could be already difficult to find someone to play with (at least for me it is!). This competition would be only to have people playing together and having fun. 

These are just some random ideas and may be a burden to organize, so whatever the organizers decide, I will be happy and celebrating.

• Like 1

my five songs for bass would be:

dreadlock holiday - 10cc     not very difficult but great fun!

Rock the casbah - The Clash   extremely funky!

you are the sunshine of my life - Stevie wonder

Bassically / N.I.B - Black Sabbath

Fat old sun - Pink Floyd

• Like 3

Stick to standard tunings, please.  My instruments aren't strung and set up for dropped or lowered tuning

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

On 5/7/2023 at 5:30 AM, 2groggy said:

Stick to standard tunings, please.  My instruments aren't strung and set up for dropped or lowered tuning

Will have that in the back of my mind!

Still @ 2groggy - we deffo need your inputs for that 500 week!!!!! What´s your most favs???

too many beautiful songs to choose from!!
Some of my favorites from when I'm playing in the championship (not a lot, like from 437 or so):

Galneryus - Never Again
Extreme - Get The Funk Out
Antonio Banderas & Los Lobos - Canction Del Mariachi
Dream Theater - The Spirit Carries On (this one is from the first weeks)

• Like 2

My opinions are for bass only

The Beat, Rough Rider

Madness, Bed and Breakfast Man

Dire Straits, Twisting by the Pool

Interrupters, She's Kerosene

Mink Deville, Spanish Stroll  - for the beginners

The Stranglers, Nice 'n Sleazy 

Talking Heads, Wild Wild Life

The Stray Cats, Runaway Boys

Bob Marley, Stir it Up - because it was the beginner bass track the first week that I joined,  Week 92 IIRC

• Like 1

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

I have to admit that even being a bass player only, the idea of picking a handful of top favorite CDLC for this has been daunting/overwhelming. I second all of @ lowender 's picks for sure...but give me a few more days to come up with a few of my own suggestions. We are fortunate enough to have some really fantastic bass charters past and present! 

• Like 2

I tried to pick something other than all mc bass tracks or 7/8 string songs since that's mostly what I play, but still ended up with a few of them. Tried to get a good difficulty spread too.

Hamaguchi Shirou - Sakkijarven Polkka (Beginner rhythm + bass, adv lead) (E standard)
Kitauji Quartet - Tutti! (MC bass, idk about lead since I've never played it) (Bass E standard)
Utsu-P - poster girl's prank (Adv L/R/B) (It's in drop B, I'll do a drop D pitch shifted version if needed)
Maximum the hormone - black yen power g-man spy (MC bass, int lead) (Drop D)

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

oof posted in wrong forum.edited it out.

ig i never answered what my top are.
i think

becoming the bull - atreyu ( its been on championship before i think)
still of the night - whitesnake
mariachi like avas said

be my fire- blue stone - beg 3
killer klowns from outer space theme- Dickies- intermed 4( don't know bout the other paths but the lead is fun and i dont skip if it appears on non stop) 
clincher / tug of war (either are good) - chevelle - interm 4
cocky - tillian-  high inter or low adv 
First kiss - Strawbery girls high adv/masterclass (i dont think ive passed 75 %  after several tries still fun tho)
less talk more rok- freeze pop masterclass (gh2 song too fast 4 me and you need 24 frets)
kinda wanted a beartooth song but idk which one yet

men in black- will smith - beg3 bass path only i also learnt when going through songs on the forge the bass line is just a sample from a song thats also on the forge ( also the reason why i put it in beg cause its only a 4 bar loop) but still groovy and fun might be int cause of the pops and hamerons...

unbreakable - of mice and men (its no longer on the site)

hmm sadly i dont think ive tried many new ones since my comment in august lol.
i did go through my collection and those are the ones i enjoyed although some are old sooo.. yea

• Like 2

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

On 5/11/2023 at 10:49 PM, jellisjenius said:

I have to admit that even being a bass player only, the idea of picking a handful of top favorite CDLC for this has been daunting/overwhelming. I second all of @ lowender 's picks for sure...but give me a few more days to come up with a few of my own suggestions. We are fortunate enough to have some really fantastic bass charters past and present! 

Yeah! Make sure to hit me by wednesday eve 😉

Thx so far!

Please everyone - time is ticking!!!

Give me the ONE (or two) most liked CDLC of them all, gimme the diff rating (if you can) and the path you want it played most!!

I´ll be closing the proposals at wednesday eve (CET)

Rod.

This may be rejected because is from RS1, but if you ask me a song I like playing is this one.  (Maybe it can be included as a bonus, I guess...)

I think one reason I started Rocksmith is it included this song I liked:

Velvet Revolver - Slither > lead 5.5, rhythm 3.5, bass 7.

(I joined not so long ago and It's the first time I rate a song, so the difficulty may not be accurate...)

• Like 1

I checked which songs I played the most at Rocksmith in the last few years. A lot of this is songs from the disc or official DLCs. Others I played multiple times because I just liked this songs, but I don't think the chart is super fun to play for overall players.

What can I suggest:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - we played rhythm path in week 400, you can play lead which is easier and can be added as a rhythm path because it's mostly chords.

Or something else Pink Floyd - Time. Lead (6.5) and Bass are good to play. Fits to the 500 week, after all, how much time has passed. 😉

Metallica - Fade to Black, probably my favorite Metallica song.

Something looser, Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent. Fun song to play i remember.

We can also play Queen - We Are The Champions (Lead 6.5) as a bonus to celebrate week 500 . 🙂

Sorry for no diff ratings, but most of these songs have been played in championships so have already been rated. I'll add if I play something.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

This may be rejected because is from RS1, but if you ask me a song I like playing is this one.  (Maybe it can be included as a bonus, I guess...)

I think one reason I started Rocksmith is it included this song I liked:

Velvet Revolver - Slither > lead 5.5, rhythm 3.5, bass 7.

(I joined not so long ago and It's the first time I rate a song, so the difficulty may not be accurate...)

Great song! We unluckywise cannot use it in the CS as we cannot force players to spend money on played songs and do not want to encourage piracy!

Please gimme one custom you really like!!!!

• Thanks 1