Jump to content

Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 373


Mikson
 Share

Recommended Posts

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-=Week 373=-

 

 

 

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

     => Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

 
 

Last week's winners:

 

Lead:

Rhythm:

  •     Beginner: n/a
  •     Intermediate:  @Balage1976 if he accepts promotion to this class.
  •     Advanced:  @Mikson
  •     Masterclass:  @Snakewizard

Bass:

  •     Beginner:  @jellisjenius
  •     Intermediate:  @KJParsley
  •     Advanced:  @herrp - achieved over 99,5% accuracy in the song rated 7 and level up to masterclass bass!
  •     Masterclass: @Snakewizard

 

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

 

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

 

 

 

This week's songs are:

 

 

Lead Path:

Beginner: U2 - Every Breaking Wave (3) (E Standard)
Intermediate: System Of A Down - Protect The Land (5) (D Drop C)

Advanced:  Opeth - Folklore (8) (E Standard)
Masterclass: Sabaton - Stalingrad (9) (E Standard)

 

 

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:  U2 - Every Breaking Wave (2) (E Standard)
Intermediate: System Of A Down - Protect The Land (4) (D Drop C)
Advanced: Sabaton - Stalingrad (7) (E Standard)
Masterclass: Opeth - Folklore (8) (E Standard)

 

 

Bass Path:

Beginner: U2 - Every Breaking Wave (2) (E Standard)
Intermediate: System Of A Down - Protect The Land (5) (D Drop C)
Intermediate bonus: Sabaton - Stalingrad (5) (B Standard)

Advanced: Opeth - Folklore (7,5) (E Standard)
Masterclass: Opeth - Folklore (7,5) (E Standard)

 

 

 

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

 

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Note:

U2 has been added from my library, the file is not in Ignition but I will add it later.

SOAD - There were two versions of this song, I used it from bwaredpenguin which I downloaded from a month ago. But when I was looking for a file in the database to add a link, it is no longer there, as are all his files. Anyone know what happened? It would be a huge loss looking at the quality of the CDLC he made... I uploaded file to my disc and added a link. Later I will test the second version and see if it can be used.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Rodman pinned this topic

@Rodman, here is my submission for our challenge.  Full on singing.  I know I'm no singer, but this was good step for me to be able to play and sing at the same time.  I still can't sing and do anything but strum every beat, but it is progress.  I put a capo on the first fret so I could sing it a bit lower.  It is all one take, with some reverb applied.  I also beefed up the intro riff a bit with an extra reverb type effect.  I played it on my PRS with a Bias FX tone VST, I'm really liking how those sound.

 

  • Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
2 hours ago, Mikson said:

I don't feel Folklore is 9, truly 8 can be, and I feel Rhythm is a bit harder than Lead except for the final part. OK gives 8 for Lead and Rhythm and I'll see what the others say.

The hardest parts of Folklore are the fingerstyle in the middle section and some solos. Since is not that riff based I think it could go as far as a 8.5 on lead. Stalingrad is a solid 9 for sure 

9A7alLl.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikson said:

I used it from bwaredpenguin which I downloaded from a month ago. But when I was looking for a file in the database to add a link, it is no longer there, as are all his files. Anyone know what happened? It would be a huge loss looking at the quality of the CDLC he made...

Looks like he's gone, his profile page is gone and so are all his posts. Searching for him only brings up mentions and quotes. In the old forum banned members posts/profiles were still visible but guessed that's changed. He's also not in the cf discord anymore.


Maybe he just deleted his profile for whatever reason but there's literally no way to tell what happened to someone on here (unless ya wanna ask a mod) they just get nuked from existence and hardy anyone notices which is kinda scary (rip ballroom blitz and grabapint I won't forget ya). 

  • Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                               "Be excellent to each others"-Kurokotei / 黒皇帝                                                Gh59blB.png

My todo list (majorly outdated)                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        500 songs hype

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@JokerTheAnarchist - great you are back

For stickin to lead only - meh!
It´s about time you grab a real bass, and make sure to make it a real cheap, bad one 😉

Tight performance on that LOG tune, man!

Rock!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, coldrampage said:

Looks like he's gone, his profile page is gone and so are all his posts. Searching for him only brings up mentions and quotes. In the old forum banned members posts/profiles were still visible but guessed that's changed. He's also not in the cf discord anymore.


Maybe he just deleted his profile for whatever reason but there's literally no way to tell what happened to someone on here (unless ya wanna ask a mod) they just get nuked from existence and hardy anyone notices which is kinda scary (rip ballroom blitz and grabapint I won't forget ya). 

It is a bit scary that a creator and all his work from several years can disappear in an instant. I wish I had downloaded more of his CDLC, just a few maybe and I remember the ones from the new Tool album were great. It only remains to hope for some re-uploads...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is an option to add other CDLC as Advanced Lead and moving the song Opeth - Folklore to Masterclass bonus lead if it proves to be too difficult for the advanced class, as suggested by Nacholede. Let me know what you think 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Mikson said:

There is an option to add other CDLC as Advanced Lead and moving the song Opeth - Folklore to Masterclass bonus lead if it proves to be too difficult for the advanced class, as suggested by Nacholede. Let me know what you think 🙂

having a go now...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, diceslinger said:

@Rodman, here is my submission for our challenge.  Full on singing.  I know I'm no singer, but this was good step for me to be able to play and sing at the same time.  I still can't sing and do anything but strum every beat, but it is progress.  I put a capo on the first fret so I could sing it a bit lower.  It is all one take, with some reverb applied.  I also beefed up the intro riff a bit with an extra reverb type effect.  I played it on my PRS with a Bias FX tone VST, I'm really liking how those sound.

 

YES!! Cool, one take, singin all the way, giant step. You did great! Essence of that week for the both of us - Doesn´t matter if you can sing great, singing makes it more interresting - on the playing and the listening side. Oh my, what have we started 😄

Song for next week 🙂
Unless you hate xmas its the one cool guitar played xmas song i have in head - rockin around the christmas tree.

In?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Miksonwould have rated it easy (8) also. My vote is keep as (hard) ADV song. a great one

40074026wy.jpg

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

better. my target 90, which shall be reachable soon

40074198zv.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(7) yeah, cool song


40074271jv.jpg

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

thats already ok

40074400jy.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@RodmanWow seeing you push yourself on that, maybe I should take a stab at it. But I think getting above 80 -> 90 for me will be a serious lift.

@MiksonI did say the song was pretty hard but I'm competing in the intermediate bracket, so for me just about any song in that next up is going to be a pretty challenging tab.

Just want to say I'm glad I joined this championship and I encourage lurkers to get in on the action. I've been playing about 13 months now, started in May 2019, then quit in November 2019 and resumed due to covid in April.  Covid has made me accelerate majorly and this championship forces me to play stuff I might not gravitate to which is important for improving. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rodman said:

YES!! Cool, one take, singin all the way, giant step. You did great! Essence of that week for the both of us - Doesn´t matter if you can sing great, singing makes it more interresting - on the playing and the listening side. Oh my, what have we started 😄

Song for next week 🙂
Unless you hate xmas its the one cool guitar played xmas song i have in head - rockin around the christmas tree.

In?

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree sounds like a good pick.  I was thinking we should try something jazzy, and all of those 7 chords in Rocking Around should fit the bill. 

Some of my family in other states are planning a Christmas Eve Zoom call with each household doing a few readings, singing or playing some music, etc.  If I really get this one down I'll blow them all away with a live performance 🙂  With that in mind, do you mind if we take until Christmas on this one?  

  • Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Rodman unpinned this topic
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy