Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 373

Mikson

It's weird but I seem to need tabs too as well @TarpMada, even though I know some of the songs (from hearing them or growing up with them , several times).  Why is there not a master mode comp. in this championship? After all , that's what we are all after, to play that song! I don't wanna pack my RS to my friends house to play that song. Why is it so hard? I don't want to live in the game but learn and play outside the game!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpankNass said:

It's weird but I seem to need tabs too as well @TarpMada, even though I know some of the songs (from hearing them or growing up with them , several times).  Why is there not a master mode comp. in this championship? After all , that's what we are all after, to play that song! I don't wanna pack my RS to my friends house to play that song. Why is it so hard? I don't want to live in the game but learn and play outside the game!

A mastermode score gets you an additional point for the leaderboards.  Occasionally someone does it to much admiration and adoration from all.  

I have to say, this is pretty much the conversation that was going on when @Rodman challenged me to learn a new song each week.  He posted 5 or 6 recordings of songs he had memorized and I said "I want to do that!"  So he said, "Let's do it then!"  (quotes aren't really quotes, just me paraphrasing.)

Come one @TarpMadaand @SpankNass, join us!  Give it a shot.  We aren't going for Rocksmith note for note renditions, just grab some tab and try to get it recognizable.   My worst was Every Breathe you Take.  I didn't get the whole song, I just got one part and could only play it slowed down.  It is all fun between friends as we push each other to get better!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

13 hours ago, Mikson said:

Really nice, I think there was some work to do with it. But you should also add the bass, then the performance of a one-man band would be complete 😉

What work to do? Will use feedback to make next video better!

• Like 1

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

1 hour ago, SpankNass said:

Master Mode, Ehh not trying to increase score.  So how did you do on the 5 or 6 songs @diceslinger  ? 

We started with new songs for our challenges, the 5 or 6 were ones he learned.  I think he posted them in week 347 or 348.  Our first challenge song was was Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here back in week 349.  I don't think I did too bad on it.  @Rodman is a better player than me, but I try to make mine interesting to compete.    I'm using it as a good excuse to teach myself recording and work with a DAW as well.

• Like 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@Vodka - yieeeehaaa the Sergey is back! Great to see ya!

Grab some gear, grab some beer and Rock!!!

• Haha 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

10 hours ago, diceslinger said:

A mastermode score gets you an additional point for the leaderboards.  Occasionally someone does it to much admiration and adoration from all.  

I have to say, this is pretty much the conversation that was going on when @Rodman challenged me to learn a new song each week.  He posted 5 or 6 recordings of songs he had memorized and I said "I want to do that!"  So he said, "Let's do it then!"  (quotes aren't really quotes, just me paraphrasing.)

Come one @TarpMadaand @SpankNass, join us!  Give it a shot.  We aren't going for Rocksmith note for note renditions, just grab some tab and try to get it recognizable.   My worst was Every Breathe you Take.  I didn't get the whole song, I just got one part and could only play it slowed down.  It is all fun between friends as we push each other to get better!

It´s more than MM, it´s a challenge about converting the learned ability. MasterMode still leaves you in the comfort environment. You get the background music playing also the guitar track and also you get those (like i feel) very forgiving RS tones. It´s aim is to learn a song in an arrangement that you can memorize and to perform it on your own. You can go acoustic campfiretyle only, usea a drummachine or R n B Machine of some kind, sing along or have a midivocaltrack or whatever comes to your mind.
No rules no scores, just learn the given song as you like and can and post a performance video. Just have fun and eventually make it sound like the damn song.
Why? Playing RS for 6 years now taught me more playing technique and song understanding than i ever imagined (i´m never gonna stop with RS and the champs, fear not) but whenever i grabbed a guitar at a friends house or in a store the best thing i could do is noodle some scales or unmotivated chord progressions. So in the beginning if the first lockdown here in march i decided to learn some on the acoustic and that came surprisingly damn easy. Posted a few of those to see if there was any chance to have them recogniced and soon @diceslinger joined in and pushes me so hard on any other song. yes, man!

Whenever there is i use a RS CDLC (mostly rhythm parts are fine of course for the cause) to teach me the parts, if not e.g. ultimate-guitar has a lot of "official" version with the correct chords by now.

Join in - it´s good for you, just as the Championship is!

Rock, Rod.

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

20 hours ago, Gamut said:

What work to do? Will use feedback to make next video better!

Maybe more transitions between instruments, or split the screen and show everything together at the same time? Something like on big screens at concerts. And of course bass for full performance! 😀

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 6:29 PM, Gamut said:

When this album first came out, my metal elitist friends told me it wasn't worth listening to, that Opeth wasn't metal anymore.

Years later I listened and wow, it is one of my favourites of theirs. Incredibly underrated.

QQU4XDo.png

Normally I recommend Sabaton as an "easy" metal band... but that song's not easy!

ezkc6jJ.png

And... a little late, but you can see why this video took a little extra time! 🥁🤯

Wow...really enjoyed that!  Looks like so much fun!  

• Like 1

I have to share...I just got home from my kids orchestra concert.  My son played All About That Bass on the electric bass that belonged my dad and he rocked the solo!  My dad would have been proud!  And my daughter was so into the music playing her violin, it was great!

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, diceslinger said:

I have to share...I just got home from my kids orchestra concert.  My son played All About That Bass on the electric bass that belonged my dad and he rocked the solo!  My dad would have been proud!  And my daughter was so into the music playing her violin, it was great!

I want children just so I can vicariously live through them by being absolutely kickass at music at a younger age (when I wish I had been!). Congrats dude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

damn busy that week with xmas selection...

one try bass

40110633ei.jpg

• Like 2

rhy +

40110680ux.jpg

• Like 3

+ lead

40110861pt.jpg

• Like 2

and here it is, the 90

40110945gq.jpg

• Like 4

Lead for fun
FITIfXg.png

Ooh this might be my new fav sabaton song.
ssR5DtL.png

Haven't used my 5 string in a while, nice.
WFUaTm7.png

hmm, them slides didn't like me.
XrotSBX.png

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype