Locked Customsforge is going to MAGfest!

zerkz

Ello community!

I'm pretty happy to announce that Customsforge has been asked to participate at MAGFest 2015, a music and gaming festival in Baltimore/National Harbor, MD. 
http://magfest.org/sites/default/files/magfest-logo.pnghttp://magfest.org/
I will be going to represent us in the form of participating in a panel, and hosting a Rocksmith stand/booth where I plan on showcasing all the best Customsforge hosted CDLC's that we have to offer!

More details to come, but for now, I ask the community to recommend the highest quality CDLCs you have played or created! I am very open to all genres, as long as they are high quality, and do not cause dead tones/crash. I also recommend that they have DD, but it is not a requirement.  If you have a recommendation, please send me a private message (with a download link the PC psarc)!

If you live in the area, please come out and support us/have fun!

NOTE: This trip/event is being fully funded by myself, personally. All of your donations are still being used for site upkeep/server costs. 

• Like 17

Don't mean to blow my own horn here, but I've got some customs that I really believe I have done justice (Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle, Zero, and Brain Stew). Just some suggestions :)

My customs can be found here.

Don't be that guy who takes the .gpx file available on a tab sharing website, slaps it together in EOF without editing it, then releases it without a second thought. Please test and refine your customs, for the good of everyone on CF.

• Administrator

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

I'd say you should go with the ones that every guy that picks up a guitar wishes to play, you know, stuff like Enter sandman, Stairway to Heaven, Sweet Child o' Mine, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Comfortably Numb, Californication, Hotel California, Iron Man, I could really go on and on, but you get the idea. These are all songs that have DD, everybody wants to learn to play, have great tones and will surely attract some attention since they have not been (And in cases like GNR will most likely never be) released by Ubisoft.

• Like 9

I'd say you should go with the ones that every guy that picks up a guitar wishes to play, you know, stuff like Enter sandman, Stairway to Heaven, Sweet Child o' Mine, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Comfortably Numb, Californication, Hotel California, Iron Man, I could really go on and on, but you get the idea. These are all songs that have DD, everybody wants to learn to play, have great tones and will surely attract some attention since they have not been (And in cases like GNR will most likely never be) released by Ubisoft.

While I could see some of those going over pretty well, keep in mind that this is a gaming/music festival. Many people here will not have tastes "to the norm" (atleast, this is my assumption). There will probably be someone who is a huge Blind Guardian fan, to someone who loves video game music covers, to someone who digs whacky stuff like Babymetal, etc.

A piece of the magic that is Customsforge to me, is that there are many niche CDLC's out there. Many people may discover new bands even this way! 

• Like 4

Agreed.  Try to hit the broadest market possible.   Or have the guitar classics everybody wants to learn sprinkled with a few lesser known bands that would really give someone a woody like Blind Guardian, Modest Mouse, Buckethead, Clutch, etc.  Also, if I had never played guitar, and even if I had, some of the faster metal might scare the shit out of me and I would think I could never do that.  Just a thought.

• Like 2

Same rationale for the bass. You should probably travel with some of the most popular bass lines like Pink Floyd's 'Money', Queen's 'Another One Bites The Dust', The Beatles' 'Come Together' or The Temptations' 'My Girl' but also some more advanced or even hardcore stuff like anything played by Flea, James Jamerson, Jaco Pastorius...

AND be sure to bring some ultra-fast metal. Unlike you @@manchot66 I'm pretty sure that everybody in this kind of festivals wants to get crazy and pretend they're playing in a trash metal band for 5 minutes!! I'd recommend 'Refuse/Resist' by Sepultura or the likes!

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

• Administrator

For ultra fast metal. 

Bring my version of Through the fire and Flames.

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/through-the-fire-and-flames-r9234

It's the only version that has a lead with rhythm fills ;) So no waiting between solo's

• Like 2

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Metric - Sick Muse is great cdlc. It's easy and has great dynamic difficulty. And, well, it's Metric :P

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

One by Metallica, Johnny B. Goode by Marty McFly And The Starlighters, Whiskey In The Jar by Metallica, Lonely Day by System of a Down, Falling Away From Me by Korn, Shoot To Thrill by AC/DC

Those are my greatest CDLC that i have to offer, but there are more if you guys want! 

• Like 4

9A7alLl.jpg

uh... it seems pretty obvious, but nobody has mentioned it yet... video game music. =]

anything with tags like 'NES', 'final fantasy', etc.

theres a really good secret of mana theme thats pretty easy to play: http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/secret-of-mana-theme-r3053

i know lots of those arent the greatest quality, but plenty are good.

• Like 2

Well, Machinae Supermacy is among the band list performing there (In fact they are the only band I recognize xD), and a song from them (Sidstyler) is already uploaded as a custom http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/sidstyler-r2668

If you wanted something out of conventional this would be your best bet, even better if they perform the song and fans would like to try failing a trying to playing it later.

NOTE: This trip/event is being fully funded by myself, personally. All of your donations are still being used for site upkeep/server costs. 

Did we really have to ask ?

Nobody asked, I just like to be frank so that there is no misinterpretation! 

How about bringing most of the CDLC we have? My shitty computer supports around a thousand CDLCs at a time, and I guess you'll have various computers in your stand, so why not label those computer by genres and get as much CDLC as you can in each one?

I think one of the greatest thing about Customsforge is the quantity of different songs and styles we have and it keeps growing nonstop

About the question in hand, you could also open a poll  and get  most voted songs because here everyone is going to promote their own cdlcs. it's inevitable XD

I hope to see some videos of the magfest posted here for the guys like me who can't go.

And have fun! =)

• Like 1