Amps!

Zethlosa

I sold my Vox AC30 a couple years back, since I'm not playing live. I've got an Epiphone Valve Junior still, which is a great little tube amp. I plan to pick up a new multi-effect pedal eventually, maybe one of those Vox amps. But mostly I'm happy practicing with Rocksmith.

Lol I play RS with my amps.  A couple months ago picked up a Pevey VYPR VIP-3 for guitars and a Fender Rumble 150w combo for Bass.  The Pevey is nice with all the built in effects and emulated AMP/Heads.  Would recommend that in a heartbeat for anyone looking to do a nice Y-slitter setup for a few hundred... it does bass too but the 15"woofer on the fender does bump way more.

My main amp is a Fender SuperSonic 22, and my practice amp is a VHT Special 6. I also have a small Orange Crush 20DLX that my daughter uses. The Fender is a great amp but it does have a lot of base noise so it can be annoying at low volumes.

I use a Blackstar ht-5r alongside rocksmith or when the neighbors are home, other times if they're out I may use my Fender Power Chorus, but its so loud I cant really turn it up over 1. I mainly just use the fender as my clean channel and the Blackstar with my pedals for the dirt channel when playing away from rocksmith

Carvin Quad-X Preamp with a Carvin HT 150 for power ( for now ). A homebuilt 212 cabinet loaded with Warehouse Guitar Speakers WGS Reaper on one side and a WGS Green Beret ( Think Celestion Green Back without the mid spike ) on the other.

• Like 1

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a Meridian AK15G, which was dirt cheap. About 40 quid as far as I remember. Doesn't sound great but I have a Digitech RP255 multi-effects pedal which has a shitload of different emulated amps and cabs on it so it can actually sound pretty decent.

I've also got a Marshall 100W bass head (not sure which model, probably says on the back somewhere) and a Peavey 2x15 bass cab. Not sure if the cab still works cos my puddy tat, Georgie Porgie, likes to crawl inside through a whole in the mesh and she has a tendency to chew through wires which is a right pain in the bum lol

I currently don't own an amp, yeah it sucks..

I use a Line 6 GX interface and I got Guitar Rig, Amplitube Metal, Pod farm, Peavey revalver and Ampeg Svx for bass.

I wish i was not so computer dependable to play the guitar and I since I want to join a band I will likely be getting an amp.

I'm thinking of a Roland Cube, at least 20w so drums don't kill the sound. I raed so many great reviews about those Cubes.

I also have a keeley modified Metal Zone and a Weeping demon junior wha. I guess I will use this chain, guitar +  metal zone + wha + amp cause for me wha is cooler after the distortion, otherwise the filter effect is much subtle.

PS: I just remembered that I have an amp, a little Marshall MS2 wich I never use

Before Rocksmith 2014, this is what I played my guitars through.  If only the GSP would play with Rocksmith, so I could play through the gear.  The sound quality would be studio quality then. One area Rocksmith is lacking in is big quality sound.

The speakers are custom made by Saxon Cabs here in Ontario.  Tim does incredible work.  This pair is handmade 1" pine, 2x12" Eminence Legends, partly closed back cabs.  The pair, including tax+shipping, was $1100 total. Try finding a better deal anywhere.

Cheers all.

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r745/Kasnitch/IMG_0865_zps299d9231.jpg

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r745/Kasnitch/IMG_0867_zps4d81bb1b.jpg

• Like 1

Either a ~65ish Fender Bassman 135 head with matching 4x12 cabinet, or a Line6 Pod x3 with a TA1050 Poweramp and two custom cabinets (2x12" with horn and 2x10" with horn, 400W each).

For guitar i use the pod with the fenders normal section and a 300W Marshall cabinet.

I really got lucky with the bassman. Got it for 600 DM back in 1996. 2 years later i stumbled across the matching cab for another 300 DM.

Amplitube going to sennheiser or bose headphones. I also output the amplitube to the aux input on my line 6 spider iii 15W. I have a pocket pod that hasnt been getting much use. 

'99 Fender Power House Strat Deluxe Series Black

TBX tone pot Vintage American Noiseless Pups Active MidBoost

Dads Samick Torino 2 Red

Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 Behringer FSB1010 Reaper Amplitube 

Twin in Training Alex and Daniel

• 4 weeks later...

Up until today, I'd always been using the shitty little practice amp that came with my guitar. (value brand set, about £90 all in)

Now that I'm starting to progress on guitar, I'd been looking for a new amp to have a play about with and see if that helped me at all. Popped into a local store, similar idea to a pawn shop/cash converters store, and noticed a Line6 Spider IV 15w for £39.99. 

Needless to say I picked it up and I've fallen head over heels in love with it since I got it home.

• Like 1