Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 434

diceslinger

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 434 =-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Lead:

Rhythm:

Bass:

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:

Beginner:   Placebo - Song to Say Goodbye (3) Selected by @ ZeroPingNZ

Intermediate:  Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World (5) Selected by @ Toni-Wan Kenobi

Advanced: Maneskin - Beggin (6) Selected by @ diceslinger

Masterclass: Santana - Soul Sacrifice (8) Selected by @ HollyMakrell

God of GuitarIron Maiden - Somewhere In Time Full Album (Week 3 of 4)

Rhythm Path:

Beginner: Placebo - Song to Say Goodbye (2) Selected by @ ZeroPingNZ

Intermediate: Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World (5) Selected by @ Toni-Wan Kenobi

Advanced: Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle (7) from week 171

Masterclass: Eagles - Hotel California (9) from week 119 This one charted by @ IfritisZ 

God of GuitarIron Maiden - Somewhere In Time Full Album (Week 3 of 4)

Bass Path:

Beginner: Placebo - Song to Say Goodbye (2) Selected by @ ZeroPingNZ

Intermediate: Maneskin - Beggin (5) Selected by @ diceslinger

Intermediate Bonus: Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World (6) Selected by @ Toni-Wan Kenobi

Advanced: Santana - Soul Sacrifice (6) Selected by @ HollyMakrell

Masterclass: Eagles - Hotel California (9) from week 119 This one charted by @ IfritisZ 

God of Bass: Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time Full Album (Week 3 of 4)

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Few random misses on the harmonics. Probably have to 100% this for the highscore off later.
DkuUX2s.png

Can't sightread arpeggios
AGalSZ5.png

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Finally gave gob a go.
5gGJ8AG.png

• Like 4

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

On 2/12/2022 at 11:39 PM, nlbsmglsk said:

capo on rhythm mc? really?

What's so strange about that? How is class related to the use of capo? Forgive me for such questions, but I really don't understand this post. Somehow I don't feel like believing that you don't have a capo? 🙂

Lead scores:

This is 2-2.5 max I think

20220214182405-1.jpg

One of the covers of the music world that has become a classic as popular (or more) than the original.

20220214192019-1.jpg

Not known before, nice to play, but chart is typically rhythmic.

20220214182909-1.jpg

I can't believe it's that old anymore...

20220214190458-1.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Mikson said:

What's so strange about that? How is class related to the use of capo? Forgive me for such questions, but I really don't understand this post. Somehow I don't feel like believing that you don't have a capo? 🙂

Yea, I've got one somewhere, but using it goes against my religious beliefs ;). Only mentioned the class to point to specific song. Not much to understand here, I was just surprised, that's all.

• Like 1

Fun take on this song:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Most enjoyable bass part this week IMO, would have preferred this as the advanced song even though it's really high intermediate:

I enjoy listening to early Santana but the bass parts are just not that fun/interesting to learn and very repetitive. No issue with the bend except that it's repeated a bajillion times and my hand just starts tapping out. Meh.

As previously mentioned, this is nowhere near a 9 difficulty but it's harder than you'd think from listening to the song casually:

• Like 3

Hi everyone!  👋

1st time posting, discovered this championship forum last weekend and love the idea so I thought I'd join! I'm a Lead Guitar beginner, started rocksmith in march 21 (knew some open chords before that so not completely starting from zero...) 

I think the only thing I have to do is to actually post the images but apologies if I've missed something in the rules! 

897591957_songtosaygoodbye.png.bb0938649156e182fb8e10a472c88db6.png

(that tone was painful... couldn't figure out a good custom one)

1906769166_Manhowsoldtheworld.png.d49cf639125a2b0c2296b8affb6a532e.png

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Hi everyone!  👋

1st time posting, discovered this championship forum last weekend and love the idea so I thought I'd join! I'm a Lead Guitar beginner, started rocksmith in march 21 (knew some open chords before that so not completely starting from zero...) 

I think the only thing I have to do is to actually post the images but apologies if I've missed something in the rules! 

897591957_songtosaygoodbye.png.bb0938649156e182fb8e10a472c88db6.png

(that tone was painful... couldn't figure out a good custom one)

1906769166_Manhowsoldtheworld.png.d49cf639125a2b0c2296b8affb6a532e.png

Welcome,
you're right that the only thing you need to do is to post the image. Particularly an image with the accuracy score. So sadly the first image you posted does not count. The second one is a-ok tho and is the best score in intermediate so far. Congratulations!

Make sure to take a screenshot right after the song ends, in 'learn a song' the score disappears after a couple of seconds.