Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 505

Mikson

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 505 =-
Theme week: *summer* - part II

=> How and Why join the Championships?
=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Previous' week Winners are:

Lead:
- Beginner: @ SawyerDestr0yer (98.01)
- Intermediate: @ BubbleWrapDragon (99.39)
- Advanced: @ LuZifeR  (98.47)
- Masterclass: @ Razrshred  (84)

Rhythm:
- Beginner: @ lowender (98)
- Intermediate: @ Daz40 (92)
- Advanced: @ cacahuate51  (96.29)
- Masterclass: @ LuZifeR (91)

Bass:
- Beginner: @ 2groggy  ~ (100)
- Intermediate: @ Daz40 (98)
- Advanced: @ lowender (100)
- Masterclass: @ Razrshred (98.48)

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: SIAMES - Summer Nights (3*) (E standard) [alt version with my changes]
Intermediate: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - Summertime (5.5^) (E standard)
Advanced: 311 - Never Ending Summer (6) (E standard)
Masterclass: Joe Satriani - A Door Into Summer (8) (Eb standard)

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: SIAMES - Summer Nights (3*) (E standard) [alt version with my changes]
Intermediate: 311 - Never Ending Summer (4) (E standard)
Intermediate Bonus: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - Summertime (4.5) (E standard)
Advanced: Joe Satriani - A Door Into Summer (6) (Eb standard)
Masterclass: Jimi Hendrix - Long Hot Summer Night (8) (Eb standard)

Bass Path:
Beginner: SIAMES - Summer Nights (3.5^) (drop D) [alt version with my changes]
Intermediate: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - Summertime (4.5) (E standard)
Advanced: Jimi Hendrix - Long Hot Summer Night (7.5^) (Eb standard)
Advanced Bonus: 311 - Never Ending Summer (7) (Custom tuning)
Masterclass: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Black Summer (8) (Eb standard) [capo from week 437]

Check current week Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here
NEW! - easly add songs even on your mobile!:
Add Song Suggestion

Song Suggestions List available to view here: Google Sheets Spreadsheet

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police: 2groggy
  • Thanks 2

Summer has started so it's time for the second summer week in the championship! The first one took place almost two years ago here:

Who remembers?

I tested a lot of songs and managed to choose a few that are (in my opinion) fun to play and fit the right classes, and CDLC quality is good enough for championship use.
Regarding the Siames song. It's an easy song until the last part with crazy slides. This part is tricky because the slides are fast and pitched. I create a modified version where I changed these slides to unpitched slides and some other minor changes. Both versions are allowed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And promotion thing:

@ BubbleWrapDragon  You achieved over 99% accuracy on the highest difficulty (5) song for the intermediate class. Do you want to be promoted to the advanced class?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

interesting to see week 402! didnt know @ someotherbruce  played that long ago. unless im getting him mixed up with someone else? i thought he was the one who broke his arm in a bike accident 🤔 havent seen him in a while.. wonder how hes been.

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

cool week! i dig the theme weeks
jI02b9Q.jpg
CFtgteN.jpg
c9LBTRo.jpg
 I liked this song!  probably the most out of the bunch just cause i have a guilty pleasure for synthwave or songs that emulate the 80s pop/ kinda cheesy also liked the voice of barbie williams (got a little accent but i like her tone) might check her out tbh.
I do have to say though there are some errors on all the paths.. not too horrible but there are there and it wouldve been nice if the rhythm guitar path would actually play the notes that the guitarist plays cause it kinda seems like the chords are from transcribing the synth part instead or something but again doesnt sound too bad.
The soloish caught me by surprise at the end! not used to playing that high up

a37MBD4.jpg
kSLuukf.jpg
i think this path would be harder to 100 (lead) than the 311 song..but they both do seem to be around the same skill imo
LrybEwP.jpg
TFJcVYo.jpg
when i was doing the spotify genres playlist back ages ago i noticed 311 was probably one of the bands that had the most cdlcs created. i still havent tried any really except for the original content one beautiful disaster that one was fun and i played it alot in gh world tour aswell /the reason why i paid for it in r 2014. this one was decent

YkpaUgk.jpg
i dont think ive ever played a hendrix song fully lol but i liked the chromaticism riffs was fun to play

odZI7S3.jpg
not sure i understand the fingering on this song cause its kinda fast switching? are you supposed to bar the power chord with your middle finger after doing the sus/ police chord? cause thats what i was doing but i felt like i was gonna break my finger xD so if anyone has any tips thatd be nice.

r3pzDD1.jpg
i think this song could be in the advanced category.

• Like 5

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre

9 hours ago, cacahuate51 said:

interesting to see week 402! didnt know @ someotherbruce  played that long ago. unless im getting him mixed up with someone else? i thought he was the one who broke his arm in a bike accident 🤔 havent seen him in a while.. wonder how hes been.

I'm still playing almost every night. Playing really helped rehab my broken arm. It was broken at the elbow, and fretting helped get manual dexterity working again quickly. I have been focusing on lead guitar and playing The Shadows, The Ventures, The Spotnicks, the one or two songs by The Atlantics, The Chantays, The Marketts, ... Also trying to lean Dick Dale, The Bel-Airs, Los Tiki Phantoms. Basically - surf instrumental (no singing! no Beach Boys - although they're fun), and early instrumentals like Duane Eddie. There is only one Link Wray tune in Rocksmith, so I've wandered over to Ultimate Guitar to try some Link Wray. And other instrumentals like Bullwinkle Part 2, Malaguena, ...

It's funny how you can hear a song. You can look at charts for it on other sites. You can play it and think it's right, but then try and line it up with a sound track and realize it's missing several bars.

But anyway, I pick an early guitar instrumental or a surf song. I spend a week (or two or three) trying to learn it by watching Youtube tutorials, looking at bar charts, then going through Rocksmith at a slow pace. I need to spend some time learning how to make accurate CDLC, as some standard surf music isn't represented, and there is no Jack the Ripper by Link Wray!

I listen to my part through my amp, not the tones Rocksmith has. So built up a pedal board with delay, reverb, tremolo (for the surf sound), overdrive (for Link Wray - might need to add a little fuzz), and a vibrato pedal that needs to come out of the mix. Thinking of adding a second delay pedal to get the Hank Marvin sound (well, as much as you can without a Strat and a Vox tube amp).

• Like 7

Can't stand summer but always nice to see a themed week.

Keep getting misses on the slides and ho-po's (and then I chonked the outro, rip). Pretty fun to play tho.
J7GZf3v.png
Have to practice them chords.
Zz9oTZj.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

5 hours ago, DikkeLuiePanda said:

I would also like to participate for the first time, I'm not very good yet but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I hope you are all having a great day today! This was my result:

image.thumb.png.3f64f3918cdee22639a29979d3b67a13.png

Need to make sure Accuracy is visible in screenshots 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DikkeLuiePanda said:

I would also like to participate for the first time, I'm not very good yet but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I hope you are all having a great day today! This was my result:

image.thumb.png.3f64f3918cdee22639a29979d3b67a13.png

Yes, please add a screenshot with visible accuracy, because only these count in the championship. It can be from learn a song or score attack (hard). Details in the rules link.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, someotherbruce said:

I'm still playing almost every night. Playing really helped rehab my broken arm. It was broken at the elbow, and fretting helped get manual dexterity working again quickly. I have been focusing on lead guitar and playing The Shadows, The Ventures, The Spotnicks, the one or two songs by The Atlantics, The Chantays, The Marketts, ... Also trying to lean Dick Dale, The Bel-Airs, Los Tiki Phantoms.... I need to spend some time learning how to make accurate CDLC, ....

Yea, so it was you @ someotherbruce ! Havent seen you in a while in the competition man! its good to see you're still active and playing surf music. Its smart that you are using other sources besides rocksmith to learn the song. i should probably do that aswell just so that the songs get stuck in my head more instead of just sightreading songs and forgetting what i played lol.

Learning how to make cdlc does take some time and making them does too sometimes but i find it fun.  As long as you take the time to use the guide i think you'll be okay. if you get stuck theres always the discord channel (probably quickest to get an answer), forum or i would also be happy to try to help.

I do have to say though there are some errors on all the paths.. not too horrible but there are there and it wouldve been nice if the rhythm guitar path would actually play the notes that the guitarist plays cause it kinda seems like the chords are from transcribing the synth part instead or something but again doesnt sound too bad.
The soloish caught me by surprise at the end! not used to playing that high up

This song caught my ear too, so if you want you can remake this CDLC according to your suggestions, I'd love to play it. 🙂 I didn't have time for major changes myself, so I mainly changed slides at the end.

i think this path would be harder to 100 (lead) than the 311 song..but they both do seem to be around the same skill imo

We generally rate by the most difficult part of the chart. At first I chose 311 as intermediate, but then I found that solo in this song to be more difficult and deserves a 6. Solo in Me First and the Gimme Gimmes song is easier, but there are some tricky licks before that, which can actually lower the final accuracy.

not sure i understand the fingering on this song cause its kinda fast switching? are you supposed to bar the power chord with your middle finger after doing the sus/ police chord? cause thats what i was doing but i felt like i was gonna break my finger xD so if anyone has any tips thatd be nice.

I think I played this with the 1st and 3rd fingers, and added 4th to the note 2 frets away (G9, I think). I played this once so I may not have played exactly right.

i think this song could be in the advanced category.

We played this in week 437 as a masterclass with a diff rating 8. Now I played again and found it more like a 7.5 but left the old rating. . Besides, it's hard to find difficult bass charts.

• Like 1

From testing

Fun song, i played this several times. Original CDLC - slides destroyed me of course.

20230621192707-1.jpg

New CDLC with changes.

20230623202144-1.jpg

Another fun song that hooked me. Short but I like the combination of a slow first half and a fast, powerful second half.

20230622214928-1.jpg

I forgot to take a screenshot the first time. Overall an easy song except for the solo, I think it could also be a 5.5.

20230625215158-1.jpg

Relatively easy Satriani song considering some of his crazy previous charts.

20230622184748-1.jpg

• Like 6

On 6/25/2023 at 5:01 AM, Mikson said:

Summer has started so it's time for the second summer week in the championship! The first one took place almost two years ago here:

Who remembers?

I tested a lot of songs and managed to choose a few that are (in my opinion) fun to play and fit the right classes, and CDLC quality is good enough for championship use.
Regarding the Siames song. It's an easy song until the last part with crazy slides. This part is tricky because the slides are fast and pitched. I create a modified version where I changed these slides to unpitched slides and some other minor changes. Both versions are allowed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Mikson  Thank you very much for organizing everything and for all the effort!!! It is deeply appreciated indeed!!!! 

• Like 2

Hello World-Wide Championship!!!!!! 🌏 

WEEK 505 yeah!!! 🤟🎸🎶

Last week couldn't improve my scores and I am getting busier lately, but hopefully, I do better this week. 

I like the "summer theme"!!! I hope there are more thematic weeks in the future!

It's getting hot here in Tokyo and I am playing without aircon to get in the mood!!! 😅

( The truth is I don't turn on the aircon because the electricity is getting excessively expensive! I read that in Europe is even worse though... anyway...)

---

uKvhCx8.jpg

---

This version of summertime is funny! 

I would have preferred that the bass keeps doing the same arrangement faster in the punk part, instead of just playing one notes...

q5KvKBW.jpg

---

I thought this was way harder, or unpredictable, compared to the RHCP song!!! 

I got 88% after the third try, but it felt much lower... this song will be a big challenge for me!

JOxvKSO.jpg

---

The RHCP song felt a bit more predictable and easy to get better than the Hendrix song. 

It is a mediocre score, but it is a personal achievement that I can now at least try to play Flea's song on bass!

I hope I can improve my score later in the week....

XqbNHgb.jpg

• Like 5

@ Mikson  great week and great work! A lot of quality in this theme week

catchy!! all perfect until I got into the infamous slides trap.. here's why the 91%

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

They were a great punk group when I was a teen
Unexpected how the cover unfolds!

cool

great song from Satriani, not too hard (for his standards!)

hendrix being hendrix, he made me suffering on my sightreading with all those "details" but it's my preferred way to suffer 😉

• Like 6

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

it´s so hot

didn´t remember i played that.

45904703wy.jpg

so tired i cannot compete with all your 98 today, but maybe i will have time on thu..

Rock!

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

love the Gimmies

45904765na.jpg

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.