Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 483

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 483 =-

FAQ: => How and Why join the Championships?

=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Previous' week Winners are:

Lead:
- Beginner: @Mattscall (99.36)
- Intermediate: @Balage1976 (90.74)
- Advanced: @cacahuate51 (97.03)
- Masterclass: @Bottledpat12 (96.82)
- Tribute: @Mikson (97)

Rhythm:
- Beginner: LOST TROPHY
- Intermediate: @Balage1976 (68)
- Advanced: @cacahuate51 (99.22)
- Masterclass: @nlbsmglsk (94)
- Tribute: @nlbsmglsk (99)

Bass:
- Beginner: @luckyoldme (98)
- Beginner Bonus: @luckyoldme (86)
- Intermediate: @lowender (99)
- Advanced: @Hyphema (99.22)
- Masterclass: @It Happens1 (98.74)
- Tribute: @nlbsmglsk (100)

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Kings of Leon - The Bandit (4^) selected by Mikson
Intermediate: Bob Marley - Lively Up Yourself (6^) selected by shaggy_malagy
Advanced: Stone Temple Pilots - Silvergun Superman (7*) (Drop D) selected by jellisjenius
Masterclass: Baroness - Swollen and Halo (7.5) (D Drop C) selected by jellisjenius
Tribute (David Crosby RIP): Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young - Almost Cut My Hair (E standard) [Week 1 of 1]

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Bob Marley - Lively Up Yourself (2) selected by shaggy_malagy [Bonus Rhythm path]
Intermediate: Kings of Leon - The Bandit (4) selected by Mikson
Intermediate Bonus: Stone Temple Pilots - Silvergun Superman (5.5^) (Drop D) selected by jellisjenius
Advanced: Vulfpeck - Lonely Town (6) selected by dartvader7177 [Lead path]
Masterclass: Baroness - Swollen and Halo (7.5) (D Drop C) selected by jellisjenius
Tribute (David Crosby RIP): Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young - Almost Cut My Hair (E standard) [Week 1 of 1]

Bass Path:
Beginner: Kings of Leon - The Bandit (4*) selected by Mikson
Beginner Bonus: Bob Marley - Lively Up Yourself (3.5) selected by shaggy_malagy
Intermediate: Stone Temple Pilots - Silvergun Superman (6.5^) (D standard) selected by jellisjenius
Advanced: Vulfpeck - Lonely Town (7) selected by dartvader7177
Advanced Bonus: Baroness - Swollen and Halo (7.5) (B standard) selected by jellisjenius
Masterclass: Kansas - The Pinnacle (8) selected by jellisjenius

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/69424

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police:

Let us know your opinions on the accuracy of the difficulty scores (1-10) for this weeks songs.

• Thanks 3

Notes:

• "The Bandit" is probably pushing it for beginner level on all paths but it juts works better that way as we don't have many beginner songs in the SSL

• The standard "Lively Up Yourself" rhythm path is almost entirely muted reggae strumming and would not be a good option for the Championship. The bonus rhythm path follows the bass and is at least more interesting if not much of a challenge. 

• Baroness is a criminally unknown band (Mastodon-ish but I prefer Baroness vocals and bass arrangements for the most part)..."Swollen and Halo" is a lot of fun to play. Unfortunately I couldn't justify a B Standard bass chart as a regular Advanced or MC so I made it Bonus Adv. I believe the lead and rhythm parts are challenging enough to use for MC but I'm interested to hear feedback. I had another song selected for MC Lead but for various reasons didn't think it would work. 

• "Lonely Town" lead path is a rhythm part as the piano plays the lead melody in that song. 

• I really wanted to use "Carry On" as the Tribute song as it's so fun to play and appropriate as a tribute...but David Crosby had a pretty limited contribution to that one (backing vocals only) compared to "Almost Cut My Hair" which he wrote and for which he sang lead vocals and played rhythm guitar. I will add "Carry On" to the main SSL for future selection

• Like 2

Always gotta give vulfpeck a go on bass.
G6MIvwv.png

This is pretty good.
9G01mxt.png

This is also quite fun and the lead bits aren't too tricky.
6HJfLqe.png

• Like 5

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

This is 4 but can be played by beginners. The solo is short and easy, only those arpeggios (though easy) can be a challenge.

20220112204950-1.jpg

This is rather an advanced class, I give 6.5. The whole chart is such solo licks.

20230122133707-1.jpg

I once rated this a 7 from what I can see. Now I think maybe even 7.5 because these solo parts are uncomfortable to play at high frets.

While I can hear the bassline in the background and I suppose it's fun to play, the guitar track is average for me.

20230122212939-1.jpg

I think this is a similar level to the previous song, so 7/7.5.

20230122213657-1.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, It Happens1 said:

@ jellisjenius  I also had a score of 94% on Rhythm MC last week. Is there a tie breaker I may not know about?

If the accuracy score is tied then the streak gets gets counted. If it's still a tie then the score from SA comes into play.

3 minutes ago, It Happens1 said:

@ nlbsmglsk  Whew that was tough lol. I had no clue it was almost 15 minutes when I started it. It just kept going and going.

Yeah, I know. That's what I meant when I said ptsd. 83% is a great score, I got 77 on my first try.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

i love music, in general.... but not my music that one (7)

45086982ko.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

oh boy (7)

45087009dk.jpg

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

cool but not easy (7)

45087033kw.jpg

• Like 2

2nd try way better

45087046ht.jpg

• Like 2

Nice songs, a wide range of very different genres!

And now my poor sightreading in all of its glory 🤣

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

on this one I must look and review the scale, otherwise I can't catch anything well only reading it 😄

song with chords and rhythm are always a blessing

remembering soundgarden vibes

I'm not familiar with this subgerne

Well, it seems that, not matter the difficulty, my sightread caps at 80% 😄

• Like 4

Somehow I only just found out about this weekly championship. Cool idea! I usually participate in the weekly official song one at reddit but never the CDLC ones. So is this the same as the reddit one, it runs for a week and then new songs get announced with scores posted? I also noticed there are multiple songs here for each difficulty, that is neat! Also from when until when does a week run? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zoutje said:

Somehow I only just found out about this weekly championship. Cool idea! I usually participate in the weekly official song one at reddit but never the CDLC ones. So is this the same as the reddit one, it runs for a week and then new songs get announced with scores posted? I also noticed there are multiple songs here for each difficulty, that is neat! Also from when until when does a week run? 

Yes, every week a new selection of songs for all classes. The new week usually starts on Saturday late in the evening.

Anyone can show screenshots of song scores from any class, but you can only win in class you compete in (we determine this based on skill).

That's it in short, detailed rules are in the link in the first post. 🙂

• Like 2

From testing:

My appreciation for KoL has grown quite a bit in the last year or two.,, especially with the release of When You See Yourself which I think is their best album so far, Their basslines are generally quite active and fun to play:

Ah, STP, I have a sort of complicated relationship with their music. You have to understand that in the early-to-mid 90s they were absolute gods in the U.S. And for the most part, I wasn't that into their stuff. Like with KoL, I have grown to appreciate them more over the years (though I still wouldn't call myself a huge fan) mostly because of their excellent low end arrangements. Like this one:

One of my least favorite Vulfpeck songs to listen to...but Joe Dart never fails to bring top notch bass work:

I already mentioned my love for Baroness in my earlier post. Unfortunately there are only a handful of CDLC available for them right now and this is probably the highest quality of those:

And of course the Crosby tribute. I know I cap'ed it too late and my score won't count but with all the harmonics I'm not sure I want to make another run at 100 percent:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zoutje said:

Oh welcome! I'm also on the official song spotlight on reddit (and I remember you!), but here you will find more songs, more people, and I can definitely say a lot of fun!
Rules are a bit complex at first sight, but my advice is to try to play and post scores for a couple of weeks and you'll get it! Look at accuracy, not absolute score (as in the spotlight), post the screenshot pasting the link. Both learn a song and score attack scores are valid (obviously on learn a song with difficulty 100%).

Enjoy!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikson said:

Yes, every week a new selection of songs for all classes. The new week usually starts on Saturday late in the evening.

Anyone can show screenshots of song scores from any class, but you can only win in class you compete in (we determine this based on skill).

That's it in short, detailed rules are in the link in the first post. 🙂

Thanks so much for your explanation. Let's see if I can find the time this week to join