Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 483

1 minute ago, avastreg said:

Oh welcome! I'm also on the official song spotlight on reddit (and I remember you!), but here you will find more songs, more people, and I can definitely say a lot of fun!
Rules are a bit complex at first sight, but my advice is to try to play and post scores for a couple of weeks and you'll get it! Look at accuracy, not absolute score (as in the spotlight), post the screenshot pasting the link. Both learn a song and score attack scores are valid (obviously on learn a song with difficulty 100%).

Enjoy!!

Thanks so much friend. Always lovely to see you on reddit you have some great guitar-playing skills! Hopefully I get it down. Also does some CDLC not have issues where you get 100% automatically? Or are those songs excluded? I have a bunch of CDLC I think where that happens. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zoutje said:

Thanks so much friend. Always lovely to see you on reddit you have some great guitar-playing skills! Hopefully I get it down. Also does some CDLC not have issues where you get 100% automatically? Or are those songs excluded? I have a bunch of CDLC I think where that happens. 

Thanks, I'm happy you discovered such a gem like this competition! How did you find about that? 
CDLC with dynamic difficulty off (those with 100%) are not excluded, you get the right accuracy. CDLC are verified by the week creator so you'll be fine.

And, don't worry to post multiple times, or to achieve whatever great scores. Just post it when you play a song, even if it is the first time and you played it poorly. If you want get the vibe, look at the past weeks and you'll understand.

Surely you will improve by participating! I understand how it feels a bit confusing when joining the first time because I've discovered the championship only in April 2022, but you will catch on right away.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, avastreg said:

Thanks, I'm happy you discovered such a gem like this competition! How did you find about that? 
CDLC with dynamic difficulty off (those with 100%) are not excluded, you get the right accuracy. CDLC are verified by the week creator so you'll be fine.

And, don't worry to post multiple times, or to achieve whatever great scores. Just post it when you play a song, even if it is the first time and you played it poorly. If you want get the vibe, look at the past weeks and you'll understand.

Surely you will improve by participating! I understand how it feels a bit confusing when joining the first time because I've discovered the championship only in April 2022, but you will catch on right away.

I was randomly browsing through some CDLC and I saw a post from one of the users here that a song was picked in the weekly championship. That immediately peaked my interest and so I arrived here 🙂 And great to hear that all songs are verified so no issues there. And that is great because some weeks I might not have a whole lot of time to practice so I will just sightread and that might be it haha. 

• Like 2

my only entry for this week as i am going away for few days...

this one is like a long solo for me 😉

jEXyjgh.jpg

quite easy... left hand sore is killing me though from bar chords.
SJ5U0iC.jpg

there is no time in the world i could get any better result in this one... completely out of my league... and not for my skills...

Rei7PGj.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Razrshred said:

hello all, 

just came across this forum looking for ways to get better at guitar using RS!! here's my first entry, looking forward to learning more and participating in this championship! 

image.thumb.png.20e5f9d89646fb38a22a9e03b5da4026.png

welcome!!!

wow a lot of newcomers in the advanced/masterclass group!! Love it, we will all improve a lot more with more contenders!!!

• Like 3

My first entries (sightreads) I probably keep it to sightreads this week due to lack of time.

image.thumb.jpeg.4e8b97d526d66283a41a6ae2d3568b74.jpeg

I suck at arpeggio's. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3d413dd23465679de1b3689b8fa3e87f.jpeg

Cool Marley tune with surprisingly good guitar work!

image.thumb.jpeg.11121d089df2823011765b2469052636.jpeg

My least favourite one this week. Not really my kind of music but interesting and cool chords.

image.thumb.jpeg.178e0e91694a82602f9b0a139749561f.jpeg

Not a big grunge fan but some cool solo stuff.

image.thumb.jpeg.4344fd3fd453e1c34de7ab8e03b0231f.jpeg

Never heard of this band but really good song immediately reminded me of Mastodon. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a5bffc0aac2a6f74127b6b3c4ffc731e.jpeg

Probably my favourite song this week. 70s/80s is my favourite time period and while I am not really aware with the crosby still and nash/young catalogue this one kicks ass. Fantastic song!

• Like 6

AgEImuy.jpg
Thought Kings of Leon only had 3 good songs but this one was pretty good.
IGG8qrq.jpg
This one was like a long solo/ filled with licks.It helped that I checked that it was in gmajor scale and practiced that scaleish before attempting the song although i still cant imagine 100ing it 
ZFC4CxE.jpg
I think the bends is what kills me but then i miss alot of the single notes aswell for some reason. ..Guess Im out of practice
dXemrdf.jpg
For some reason the first notes reminded me of thomas the tank engine theme song ... Upon searching it on google apparently its a riff from billy preston nothing from nothing, which i like more as a song.  Unfortunatley it seems like cf doesnt have any billy preston. seems like he had some good bass riffs

• Like 2

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

I've had a hectic week - just got back from work day after seeing Comeback Kid then bed, then off to work then off to road trip to my local capital city for three gigs this weekend! 

I wont have any more opportunity to play, posting scores early. Rock on y'all 🙂

Rhythm - Stone Temple Pilots - 77%

Lead - Vulfpeck - 78.9%

Bass - Kansas - 95%

(screenshots uploaded to Drive link in my signature)

• Like 2

>> Rocksmith Championship - Screenshot Folder Link <<

Peace, love and grindcore. 🤟

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@ Razrshred @ Zoutje - great you found us!

Rock!!!

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

argh those chords

45098120cs.jpg

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

1 hour ago, Zoutje said:

For suggesting songs do I need to rate the songs myself? I find it kinda hard to judge the difficulty myself. 

Yes you need to put them here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Don't worry, evaluate the difficulty thinking at the hardest part of the song (i.e. if a song is only power chords but impossible solo, it gets 8 or more anyway)

The person who will do the selection will verify the songs and balance the score

A personal suggestion on how I do it: look at what accuracy you got when you play the song. Seeing that you are similar to me, like masterclass, (but with better sightreading), you can say: if I get 95-99% is intermediate, in the 90%-95% is advanced, from 80% to 90% is mc (7.5-8.5), under 70% is a 9 or 10. Ranges are indicative, just to get you the idea, YMMV

• Like 1

6 hours ago, avastreg said:

Yes you need to put them here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzgY90kLwyGqzJ-R64v8lmpeQMMhhxwGwUlenepIgms/edit#gid=6

Don't worry, evaluate the difficulty thinking at the hardest part of the song (i.e. if a song is only power chords but impossible solo, it gets 8 or more anyway)

The person who will do the selection will verify the songs and balance the score

A personal suggestion on how I do it: look at what accuracy you got when you play the song. Seeing that you are similar to me, like masterclass, (but with better sightreading), you can say: if I get 95-99% is intermediate, in the 90%-95% is advanced, from 80% to 90% is mc (7.5-8.5), under 70% is a 9 or 10. Ranges are indicative, just to get you the idea, YMMV

Really helpful comment, thanks so much friend! One more question. How would I rate the bass charts? I don't play bass so I have no idea how to rate them. Should I leave them for someone else who is willing to rate them? 

• Like 1