Rocksmith remastered discussion (part 2)

Unleashed2k

Question

• Administrator

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

FAQ:

Q: My CDLC doesn't work!
A: For windows: Please use the new .dll | Mac: Please use the Patch. You can get both here
For further help regarding customs not playing see : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play
A: Thanks to @@cozy1 and @@Lovroman you can now update all your collection in the 1.2.6.4 beta version of CFSM that can be found here : http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: The play count isn't getting updated when i play CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how it counts the number of time someone play a song which seems be related to DD instead of only section as it was before the remaster. So any CDLC without DD won't have is play count properly working.

Q: I'm getting crashes when on the Learn A Song page of some CDLC?

A: The remaster update changed how bonus and alternate arrangement are visible which also have a side effect of provoking random crashes when looking at songs that have too much (more than 5) arrangement in the Learn A Song area of the game. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: I'm getting an error when launching the Rocksmith Remastered
A: Please verify your integrity via Steam. We do not support pirated copies and we will ban you if caught with a copy. Make sure to have Cherub Rock DLC to be able to use CDLC.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?

A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.
This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

Edited by firekorn
Added stuff :)
  • Like 21

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

@@albatross213 It doesn't break CDLC, many people tried, nobody had issue...

@@evlncrn8 RS doesn't use Denuvo, just steam, usually that kind of error is because people don't own the game...

lol.. RS DOES use denuvo, the x86 variant, so you are TOTALLY incorrect there, and i DO own the game (and cherub rock for that matter), so how about not making (incorrect) assumptions eh ?

and as a matter of fact it has used denuvo since the release of remastered

even sort of mentioned on the ubi forums -> http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1502747-Rocksmith-2014-Remastered-Known-Issues

scroll down about 3/4 or look for 'codefusion.technology' - codefusion.technology is a domain owned by denuvo.. and the code has tell tale signs of denuvo if you know what to look for along with the heavy vmprotect usage

• Administrator

@@evlncrn8 Excuse me that so far, all user that have encountered the 'unable to initialize steam api' were using illegal copy of the game, so i could only assumed you were using an illegal copy and as far as i know this message is in no way link to any Denuvo code. i might be wrong but that message is a steam message related...

Anyway, i'm glad you sorted your issue.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

np, actually that exact message comes from the denuvo code itself, and also being a simple messagebox with just the ok button, the wording is a bit generic i'll definitely give you that, but its not from the game code itself (as there is no language transition for it) :) and i've also heard it does happen on umm less legitimate versions, so all cool,

i really do own it legit (its a kind of must have especially when dealing with updates and such), the thing that gets me more angry is how this somehow slipped through denuvo and square enix' qa testing (i cant be the only person in the world using the steam beta clients).. also happened to me on hitman update (2 days ago or so), where hitman simply wouldnt load (it loaded fine before), it didnt do the messagebox, it just silently exited... so i fixed that today too :).. the messagebox in rs 2014 remastered though is only present in the denuvo x86, which (as far as i can tell) unfortunately rs 2014 remastered was the first to use

*Mac User Here*

The strangest thing happened today. I played my CDLC earlier today like I normally do (Open steam, then open the Rocksmith Injector). Now when I try and open the Rocksmith Injector with Steam open, nothing happens. It doesn't initialize the game. I've tried deleting the local files from steam and reinstalling the game, and I've tried redownloading and replacing the Rocksmith Injector that I found on the forums here for the recent Mac fix. I'm at a loss as to what failed.

• Like 2

comes up with the 'unable to initialize steam api' denuvo crap for me, 2 in a row now, hitman doesnt run for me anymore and now rocksmith 2014 remastered, trying verifying cache atm .. will report back, the dll didnt use hard coded addresses for the patch area, so unless ubisoft changed the signature check significantly it'll still work, however this denuvo crap means i cant even make a working dump to find the pattern.. grrrr

edit

file integrity - all good, so thats not the problem

renamed the d3dx9_42.dll to rule it out as being the problem - same shit "unable to intiialize steam api"

ran older backup rocksmith2014.exe - same shit "unable to initialize steam api"

i am online, and other steam games work fine...

so the problem clearly is with the denuvo code (perhaps their servers are down or something or they have a huge bug).. will keep trying but for now my hands are tied a bit...

the 'unable to initialize steam api' is the denuvo generic error message... so it doesnt help much

edit (final update)

OPT OUT OF THE STEAM CLIENT BETA IF YOU ARE USING IT - THIS IS THE SOURCE OF THE 'unable to initalize steam api' denuvo dialogbox...

then all works fine (including hitman)...

cdlc worked using the dll, so no change required... yay

Run steam as admin one time. Even if your account has admin privies, right click run as admin.

Start rs2014 then exit rs, should work under normal acct perms after.

• Like 1

*Mac User Here*

The strangest thing happened today. I played my CDLC earlier today like I normally do (Open steam, then open the Rocksmith Injector). Now when I try and open the Rocksmith Injector with Steam open, nothing happens. It doesn't initialize the game. I've tried deleting the local files from steam and reinstalling the game, and I've tried redownloading and replacing the Rocksmith Injector that I found on the forums here for the recent Mac fix. I'm at a lost as to what failed.

Exact same problem here. Check and see if Steam automatically installed the patch update. Must have something to do with it.

• Like 1

*Mac User Here*

The strangest thing happened today. I played my CDLC earlier today like I normally do (Open steam, then open the Rocksmith Injector). Now when I try and open the Rocksmith Injector with Steam open, nothing happens. It doesn't initialize the game. I've tried deleting the local files from steam and reinstalling the game, and I've tried redownloading and replacing the Rocksmith Injector that I found on the forums here for the recent Mac fix. I'm at a lost as to what failed.

I noticed that as well. It has made me scratch my head at what went wrong.

• Like 1

• Administrator

@@TheDude Windows user as fine, not sure about mac user though.

@@aequitas or @@xavatar , we know the executable on windows changed after the update, can you check to make sure the RSinjector is still working correctly?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

*Mac User Here*

Exact same problem here. Check and see if Steam automatically installed the patch update. Must have something to do with it.

Same problem here. The current RSInjector doesn't work with the new patch.

• Like 1

*Mac User Here*

The strangest thing happened today. I played my CDLC earlier today like I normally do (Open steam, then open the Rocksmith Injector). Now when I try and open the Rocksmith Injector with Steam open, nothing happens. It doesn't initialize the game. I've tried deleting the local files from steam and reinstalling the game, and I've tried redownloading and replacing the Rocksmith Injector that I found on the forums here for the recent Mac fix. I'm at a loss as to what failed.

I've got the same problem.  :(  :angry:

• Like 1

... after the 10 mac users accessing the thread produced a DDoS the page is rendering again. ;)

With the injector app nothing happens - when starting the RS app you see the reason - it's a segmentation fault and probably the address has changed.

Starting the game with the blue "Play" button works for me - and it's with the customs in the songlist.

Edit - customs are not playable - it freezes after the tuning screen, but you can play the official songs and dlc until the address change is corrected in the injector.

• Like 1

Mac ... customs are listed, via steam... but the game freeze if try to play?!?! Only with original songs works

At least it starts from the steam app - I've not tested a custom (I cancelled it at the tuning screen) and edited my post after it failed for a custom.

The code was fixed when remastered was released and I'm confident that somebody will find the new address. I don't have the tools and for a few days it's ok to play the official (dlc) songs.

Hey people! I was loving playing rocksmith on ps4 and I decided to purchases it on steam yesterday and now i figure they cucked it with the new update. Can anybody give a step - by - step on how to do cdlc? Everything I find online isn't up to date! Thanks friends!

@firekorn  yep, I'm sure. There's an option in the "advanced" menu in song, and one in the "options" menu outside of the songs--both are for sure on. I haven't seen anyone on these forums who's had the master mode problem yet. I've contacted Ubisoft about 6 times over it and haven't heard anything back from them; so, I'm making sure it's not an issue caused by the CDLC.

@firekorn  yep, I'm sure. There's an option in the "advanced" menu in song, and one in the "options" menu outside of the songs--both are for sure on. I haven't seen anyone on these forums who's had the master mode problem yet. I've contacted Ubisoft about 6 times over it and haven't heard anything back from them; so, I'm making sure it's not an issue caused by the CDLC.

I recall seeing someone in the original thread mention Master Mode problems, if I remember correctly, setting all Rocksmith Options back to "Default" fixed this. Though you'll have to obviously change any other settings back to how you want them afterwards. Hope this helps. I would never have noticed this "error" as I don't like Master Mode and would be glad if it never showed up. :)