Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 550

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 550 =-

=> How and Why join the Championships?
=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Previous' week Winners are:

Lead:
- Beginner: @ lowender (97)
- Intermediate: @ gspot (96.73)
- Advanced: @ BubbleWrapDragon (97.63)
- Masterclass: @ RaZrShReD (95)
- God of Guitar: Leader after week 3 is @ RaZrShReD (97), 1 week left... KEEP ROCKING!!!

Rhythm:
- Beginner: @ lowender (95)
- Intermediate: @ gspot  (96.46)
- Advanced: @ Amisslamb44 (99.02)
- Masterclass: @ avastreg (93.76)
- God of Rhythm: Leader after week 3 is @ RaZrShReD (98.69), 1 week left... KEEP ROCKING!!!

Bass:
- Beginner: @ zbb (94)
- Intermediate: @ Flingleper (91)
- Advanced: @ jimmy655 (99.67)
- Masterclass: @ direct3r (97)
- God of Bass: Leader after week 3 is @ lowender (98.89), 1 week left... KEEP ROCKING!!!

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

More great news. There are players to be promoted to higher rank this week.

- @ Amisslamb44 is promoted to Masterclass class in Rhythm path.
- @ jimmy655  is promoted to Masterclass class in Bass path.

Congratulations and good luck with new challenges!
In case the above players do not accept promotion, please advise accordingly in the post so we can revert back to previous Class.

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: The Cramps - The Way I Walk (2.5) (E Standard) selected by @ lowender
Intermediate: SpArTon - 2 Tage von 7 (5.5^) (E Standard) selected by @ fripponomic
Advanced: Marillion - Just For The Record (6.5) (E Standard) selected by Mikson
Masterclass: Judas Priest - Gates Of Hell (8.5) (Eb Standard) selected by @ Daz40
God of Guitar: Brothers of Metal - Prophecy of Ragnarök Album (10) (C# Drop B) selected by @ Nacholede [Week 4 of 4]

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: The Cramps - The Way I Walk (3*) (E Standard) selected by lowender
Intermediate: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Who'll Stop the Rain (5*) (E Standard) - Lead path!!!! selected by @ jellisjenius
Advanced: Judas Priest - Gates Of Hell (7*) (Eb Standard) selected by Daz40
Masterclass: Judas Priest - Gates Of Hell (7) (Eb Standard) selected by Daz40
God of Rhythm: Brothers of Metal - Prophecy of Ragnarök Album (7) (C# Drop B) selected by Nacholede [Week 4 of 4]

Bass Path:
Beginner: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Who'll Stop the Rain (3.5^) (E Standard) selected by jellisjenius
Intermediate: Judas Priest - Gates Of Hell (4.5) (Eb Standard) selected by Daz40
Advanced: SpArTon - 2 Tage von 7 (6.5) (E Standard) selected by Fripponomic
Masterclass: Marillion - Just For The Record (8) (E Standard) selected by Mikson [A different CDLC than for guitar!]
God of Bass: Brothers of Metal - Prophecy of Ragnarök Album (6) (C# Drop B) selected by Nacholede [Week 4 of 4]

(N) - difficulty rating
(N*) - highest difficulty rating for the class (promotion to higher class possible)
(N^) - difficulty rating higher than the highest for the class (promotion possible)

Check current week Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here
NEW! - easly add songs even on your mobile!:
Add Song Suggestion

Song Suggestions List available to view here: Google Sheets Spreadsheet

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police: 2groggy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 8

From testing/previous playing

Lead

20240422205930-1.jpg

@ fripponomic  Another cool song from your band. This is one of the ones that I like more because I like such tunes, calm atmospheric sound of the verses and the stronger chorus and solo!

20240504232741-1.jpg

I played this a long time ago, so instead of looking for an old scrren, I played it again. This is a song where the bass chart is much more interesting than the guitar, but it also sounds good.

20240505214850-1.jpg

From the new album. Difficult for me, like most Judas songs. This may even be 8.5.

20240505135946-1.jpg

• Like 7

Rhythm

20240427182915-1.jpg

The last time I played this song was probably 2-3 years ago. It was good to remember that.

20240505133745-1.jpg

Maybe 6.5 instead of 7. If anyone thinks so, let me know.

20240504231448-1.jpg

• Like 6

Be interesting to see peoples thoughts of the rating on Judas priest ,
As It is well above my level but tried to rate as best I could.

• Like 6

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

so cool to see anther Sparton song here again. 

Actually I play this and some others with my new fretless bass. It's pure fun, and in Rocksmith it is a big intonation challenge for me.

I recorded a playthrough with the fretless, don't care about scores and it's nicer to watch in learn a song. I also will try the master mode later.

I recommend to start the song with fingers, and for the second part continue with a pick.

• Like 11
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

15 hours ago, Daz40 said:

Be interesting to see peoples thoughts of the rating on Judas priest ,
As It is well above my level but tried to rate as best I could.

it looks first easy, but my hands cramp so heavily with the chord variations especially at the fast pace of the song 😅

• Like 7

🎶🎸 IT'S CHAMPIONSHIP TIME!!! 🍻

YEEAHH!!! 🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩

@ Mikson  Thank you very much indeed for organizing the week again!!! Really appreciated!!!

( I also will try to host a week as soon as I can! )

----

20240506011124-1.jpg
20240506011829-1.jpg

20240506014014-1.jpg
20240506014702-1.jpg
20240506015235-1.jpg

And now, my challenges for this week in bass and lead... I like this Marillion song! Is it in 5/4 or something?

For now I am happy I reached 90% after some RR sessions...

20240507011402-1.jpg
20240507020755-1.jpg

• Like 8

Hi,

Is there a way to clear a score on Learn a Song? I did the whole Marillion song in practice at 50% and got 97% (I usually only do a couple of sections). And now I don't know if I'm improving or not (I strike at Score Attack)... 😞

And many thanks to @Mikson (and all the other organizers) for all the hard work with the Championship!

• Like 3