Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 540

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 540 =-

=> How and Why join the Championships?
=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Previous' week Winners are:
Lead:
- Beginner: @ gspot (96.74)
- Beginner Bonus: @ gspot (97.99)
- Intermediate: @ loudly (98.51)
- Intermediate Bonus: @ Balage1976 (98.81)
- Advanced: @ Rodman (96.04)
- Advanced Bonus: @ cacahuate51 (93.66)
- Masterclass: @ RaZrShReD (97.1)
- Masterclass Bonus: @ RaZrShReD (96.6)

Rhythm:
- Beginner: @ gspot (97.86)
- Intermediate: @ Balage1976 (99.56)
- Intermediate Bonus: @ direct3r (99)
- Advanced: @ cacahuate51 (98.32)
- Advanced Bonus: @ aNDESmASAMUNE (99.44)
- Masterclass: @ johnal (99.04)

Bass:
- Beginner: LOST TROPHY
- Beginner Bonus: LOST TROPHY
- Intermediate: @ Flingleper (98)
- Advanced: @ lowender (96.8)
- Advanced Bonus: @Mikson (98)
- Masterclass: @ cacahuate51 (96)

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Taylor Swift - Blank Space (2.5) (E Standard) selected by @ Daz40
Intermediate: Royal Blood - Oblivion (4.5) (E Standard) selected by @ loudly
Advanced: Rhapsody Of Fire - A New Saga Begins (6) (E Standard) selected by Mikson [A good song for the first week after the 10th anniversary!]
Masterclass: Helloween - Ride The Sky (8.5) (E Standard) selected by @ kayteck

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Taylor Swift - Blank Space (2.5) (E Standard) selected by Daz40
Intermediate: Rhapsody Of Fire - A New Saga Begins (5*) (E Standard) selected by Mikson
Advanced: Nightwish - Sahara (6) (D Standard) selected by Mikson
Masterclass: Helloween - Ride The Sky (8.5) (E Standard) selected by kayteck

Bass Path:
Beginner: Taylor Swift - Blank Space (2.5) (E Standard) selected by Daz40
Intermediate: Nightwish - Sahara (5*) (D Standard) selected by Mikson
Advanced: Rhapsody Of Fire - A New Saga Begins (6.5) (E Standard) selected by Mikson
Advanced bonus: Royal Blood - Oblivion (5.5) (E Standard) selected by loudly
Masterclass: Helloween - Ride The Sky (7.5) (E Standard) selected by kayteck

(N) - difficulty rating
(N*) - highest difficulty rating for the class (promotion to higher class possible)
(N^) - difficulty rating higher than the highest for the class (promotion possible)

Check current week Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here
NEW! - easly add songs even on your mobile!:
Add Song Suggestion

Song Suggestions List available to view here: Google Sheets Spreadsheet

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police: 2groggy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 12

19 minutes ago, BubbleWrapDragon said:

I had 99% in last week's MC Bonus (8) but I'm in 'Advanced'

Can I still win MC Bonus from last week?
And can I rank up with the 99% in it to MC as well? (But I might not be ready for it, I was just wondering if it's possible with a score on a MC song)

I think the promotion system applies to the main songs of the week, not the bonus songs. But I'm not sure, so it's better to ask @ Rodman .
And do you really want to promote to masterclass, since you were promoted to advanced class about 2-3 weeks ago and there is still a lot of work ahead of you in this class? 🤔

• Like 2

I was dealing with health issues last week and almost missed it. Luckily I'm better now and can finally celebrate the 10yrs properly, so here's some VERY drunk sight-reads:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Looks like the rhythm part has more solo play than the lead. Or maybe I was just more drunkerer. Hard to say.

Anyway, here's to the next 10 years of the championship! <raises glass>

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, nlbsmglsk said:

I was dealing with health issues last week and almost missed it. Luckily I'm better now and can finally celebrate the 10yrs properly, so here's some VERY drunk sight-reads:

Looks like the rhythm part has more solo play than the lead. Or maybe I was just more drunkerer. Hard to say.

Anyway, here's to the next 10 years of the championship! <raises glass>

I'm glad you got better!!!

And better enough to play drinking! 🍻 Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mikson said:

Bass Path:
Intermediate: Royal Blood - Oblivion (5.5^) (E Standard) selected by loudly
Advanced: Rhapsody Of Fire - A New Saga Begins (6.5) (E Standard) selected by Mikson

Royal Blood is much more difficult than Rhapsody of Fire, IMHO.

both difficulty level and class should be swapped, what do you think??

Royal are long section with only two or three scale type bridges.

Royal is full of position and string changes, pull-offs in quite fast pace and in not so usual for bass high threats.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kayteck said:

Royal are long section with only two or three scale type bridges.

Royal is full of position and string changes, pull-offs in quite fast pace and in not so usual for bass high threats.

I admit that I had a problem with difficulty rating bass path of this song. @ loudly , who suggested this song, rated bass as 4 😉 

In this song, the guitar path and the bass path have the same chart, so again the question becomes how should they be rated? My opinion, as I once mentioned, is that it is best to add about +1 to the bass rating compared to the guitar. So I think ratings 4.5 and 5.5 (bass between intermediate and advanced) are ok here. The bass chart is not difficult in itself but can be a bit of a problem in Rocksmith due to recognizing these pull-offs.

The bass path of the Rhapsody of Fire song is definitely advanced, because there are 2-3 quick passages where you have to hit many notes on different frets and strings. And we rate the difficulty taking into account the most difficult part. I would rate this part a 7, the rest of the song a 5.5-6, so the overall rating is 6.5.

Other opinions welcome. We can always set the Nightwish song as the main intermediate bass and move the Royal Blood song to a higher class.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mikson said:

I think the promotion system applies to the main songs of the week, not the bonus songs. But I'm not sure, so it's better to ask @ Rodman .
And do you really want to promote to masterclass, since you were promoted to advanced class about 2-3 weeks ago and there is still a lot of work ahead of you in this class? 🤔

For now, I'll stick with advanced either way - I'm just curious about it when I want to rank up in the future 😊

Also, I was wondering why songs with difficulty 9 got a rank-up star (9*) as well, but there's no ranking up from MC is there? 😁

• Like 3

Looks way better already

38 minutes ago, cacahuate51 said:

naaah dont stay in advanced...join the mc bass @ BubbleWrapDragon  you got it 🙂

I appreciate it😊 But I'm not ready for MC bass yet, gotta get a 99.5%+ on a 7*+ song first as well 😁
And for that, I probably have to play more bass as well (I only play once a week for the championship right now and I can't slap or play octave patterns well)

For lead guitar, I aim higher and I try to practice every day, been playing for about 2 years now, not sure what I should set as my goal for this year 🤔

• Like 4

🎶🎸🪩🌍🌏🌎 WORLDWIDE ROCKSMITH CHAMPIONSHIP!!! 🌍🌏🌎 🪩🎸🎶

First night!!! YEEEAAHHH!!! 🤟🤩 🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩

Thank you @ Mikson  for another week of fun!!

--- 

Taylor Swift - Blank Space /// I know Taylor Swift is a huge thing all around the globe (she just came to Tokyo recently and it was big news), but the only song I actually knew from her was "Shake it of". So I played this song to my wife and my daughters to see their reaction, and we all tought the song is pretty mediocre.... I mean, a very standard chord progression with a one note melody in each chord... Maybe the lyrics are genius for a generation of listeners, but I don't know about that. I don't want to pick a fight with millions of TS fans!! 😅 Just my very very humble and very very personal opinion, OK??? 😅

iDC2Qda.png

--

6 hours ago, kayteck said:

Yes, I agree with @ kayteck  .

UwABqbP.png

After a quick RR...

ekBk0K5.png

Comparing to above, first sightreads below...

WsiTQgd.png

Rn8gAIl.png 

• Like 8

@ BubbleWrapDragon Yea.. My bad xD i missread for somereason i thought you were talking about bass but there was no mcbonus song for bass.

regardless of the path i still think if a lower class does 97s or higher on a higherclass they should probably be promoted if they want to  (maybe its rare you have lots of time to practice or play a song so that also might be why someone might not want to be promoted)..or atleast they will be moved soon if they keep playing good in their class weeks.
Pretty impressive youve only been playing for 2 years grats! hope you keep pushing yourself to become better.

• Like 4

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

1 hour ago, BubbleWrapDragon said:

Also, I was wondering why songs with difficulty 9 got a rank-up star (9*) as well, but there's no ranking up from MC is there? 😁

it's not only rank up indicator. it also tells you this is max level for the class.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, cacahuate51 said:

@ BubbleWrapDragon Yea.. My bad xD i missread for somereason i thought you were talking about bass but there was no mcbonus song for bass.

regardless of the path i still think if a lower class does 97s or higher on a higherclass they should probably be promoted if they want to..or atleast they will be moved soon if they keep playing good in their class weeks.

For Rodman's Rankings, I think one already gets points for a top4 placement, even if they are in a lower class, but I also think someone in a lower class should be able to win a week as well if they get the best score, shouldn't they? 😅
And I think being able to hit 99/99.5% on a higher-class song should still be the requirement, sooner or later they'd probably get 99%+ on their class rank-up song as well and 97% can be easier sometimes than 99%+ on a lower-class song

18 minutes ago, cacahuate51 said:

Pretty impressive youve only been playing for 2 years grats! hope you keep pushing yourself to become better.

Thank you, I'll keep putting in the work and hope I can become as experienced as y'all someday😁

And speaking of Bass: 

Not sure about the actual difficulty but it is harder for me to sightread for both lead and guitar

Being able to use fingers and not having to fit in power chords makes that one part way easier than lead guitar

I'm not quite ready for properly moving up and down quickly yet

• Like 5

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

fun!

47147477px.jpg

(ignore my score, i was fooling around a bit)

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

ah - they are so cool live! and fun to play

47147518gh.jpg

• Like 5

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.