Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 532 - 2023/2024 NEW YEAR'S EVE CELEBRATION!

Hey everyone, Happy New Year! A little late to the party, but it's been a busy week.

And then yesterday my internet went out as I was trying to link my scores lol

Here are my MC Lead and Rhythm

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

2nd attempt at this one, those are some fun chords!

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
8 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

Shit.

Just when I was thinking that maybe I should contribute more (like maybe charting a couple of tracks and donating some money). It's not like there's gonna be a lot of new players here when you can't even buy the game anymore. It was obvious that this place wasn't going last once RS+ was announced, but I wanted to help keep it going as long as possible. After seeing this I don't.

A place where petty clerks decide what art is fit for my consumption or not is not a place for me. 

@owners and mods:
Anyone can set up phpBB forum, and this whole 'Ignition4' thing could easily be replaced by a csv file (which would be less cumbersome and 666% faster). The only thing making this site valuable is the CDLC creators and the users that look for the charts.  DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT REMOVING CDLCs IS THE RIGHT IDEA RIGHT NOW? Have you guys thought this through?

@ coldrampage
I've got nothing but respect for you, kind sir. You've been here longer & had more invested than most of us.
But still, you should've said goodbye. You owe us one last score. I know you like this weird Japanese stuff. Just one last round.

@ Rodman
I don't care about CustomsForge, but I do care about the championship.  I just need a declaration that no song (or piece)  will be banned.

I´ll investigate a bit. Didn´t know that songs were deleted. Fear in no way - whatever it takes - the championship is gonna continue.... and i really would hope its on CF.

• Like 5

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

90, yeah! really hard here

46892346zi.jpg

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

On 1/5/2024 at 4:44 AM, coldrampage said:

I'm doing fine, just done with this mismanaged hellsite. Lost all faith in those running this place.

There are a bunch of smaller issues that led up to this (like the absolute lack of communication, sheer incompetence with running a site of this size and unwillingness to adapt to changes) but the straw that broke the camels back was arbitrarily censoring what songs people can upload based on totally unbiased views (and wasn't just done for the money either ;) ).

Banning a whole list of artists, mocking them in private, mass deleting all their customs and not even mentioning it with an announcement on the forum (or even informing the creators that their works were removed) or providing a list in the cdlc guidelines for people to follow is bloody absurd. They show absolutely no care to the creators who make up the backbone of their platform since it's the streamers who directly contribute to their revenue.

If this change ever gets reverted (which it won't), I wouldn't mind returning someday but eh.

Hi @ coldrampage  ! Thanks for writing to us and I missed you! When I started the week and added a Japanese song from 2023 I though "this would be something coldrampage may like... I wonder how he is doing". It's sad and a tragedy that someone like you that has contributed tons feels the way you do. Today they changed the Guidelines and claim that they are going to "implement a transparent prohibited list of artists, accessible to all users, detailing which artists are prohibited and the reasons for their exclusion". I sincerely hope this helps and is in line with what you expected... 

Besides that, I would beg you to keep coming to the Championship, because we are a separate group not related to the censorship you are denouncing! Really hope you consider to keep joining us, since you were one of the hosts that motivated me to help hosting weeks here...  

• Like 3

🎶🎸LAST CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT!🎸🎶

YEAH!!! 🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩

----

My class in Lead...

From a layman point of view I can play this song decently enough, so this score feels frustrating and humiliating 😭 Can't be bother practicing the song many more times just to find the correct way to overcome the lack of recognition...

CeTP5hD.png 

• Like 3

I have not been very active on this site and don't know any the history/extent of censorship here. With that said, I didn't know what it was until today, but am personally happy with the decision whereby it is not being promoted on this site. 

Edited by Unleashed2k
Removed keyword
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Now my class in Rhythm.

I selected the Metallica song as one of the highlights for this week because well, is a Metallica song and from 2023! I respect a lot artists that keep producing music for a very long time in their carriers.

But being honest I wasn't a big fan in Metallica back in the day and this song has an excess of "open E string machine gun" that I always have critisized. I actually do like the riffs, but it seems that the band just stop by recording a demo and didn't developed the song... (if you are a big fan of Metallica, don't get mad at me! 😅)

2WX27N1.png

• Like 4

16 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

@ coldrampage
I've got nothing but respect for you, kind sir. You've been here longer & had more invested than most of us.
But still, you should've said goodbye. You owe us one last score. I know you like this weird Japanese stuff. Just one last round.

One last go for the bois then, no warmup either.
Lots of shifting up and down on this, feel like it could be transposed to be a bit easier maybe?
tJN6DCq.png

3 hours ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

Today they changed the Guidelines and claim that they are going to "implement a transparent prohibited list of artists, accessible to all users, detailing which artists are prohibited and the reasons for their exclusion". I sincerely hope this helps and is in line with what you expected... 

The irony in the fact they state the existence of their tools for blocking artists you don't want to see/play at the bottom of their update is hilarious. The existence of these tools should remove the need for this kind of mass deletion in the first place.

They could easily tag these artists and hide them by default using this system instead of removing them altogether and create a global blacklist of TOS songs for streamers to ignore. They have backups of the database and could restore all these songs at any time they wish (like the time they banned a user and accidentally removed all 1000~ songs they had in his collection).

Sorry this ain't it chief, see ya.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

31 minutes ago, coldrampage said:

Sorry this ain't it chief, see ya.

I hope a lot of things. I hope the situation is better remedied, and you are able to return before my time comes to depart. I wish not to parlay into the subject matter myself at the moment as I am holding my tongue.

I hope that if not, our paths do cross again. You seem like a very smart, intelligent young man, I know you will do great in all that you do, and I hope nothing but the best for you.

Do well, be well, and Happy Trails.

• Like 5