Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 507

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 507 =-

=> How and Why join the Championships?
=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Previous' week Winners are:

Lead:
- Beginner: @ lowender  (81)
- Intermediate: @ kayteck (93.27)
- Advanced: @ Rodman  (94)
- Masterclass: @ Nacholede  (96.43)

Rhythm:
- Beginner: @ DikkeLuiePanda (95)
- Advanced: @ cacahuate51 (96.48)
- Masterclass: @ nlbsmglsk (99)

Bass:
- Beginner: LOST TROPHY
- Intermediate: @ luckyoldme (99.32)
- Advanced: @ jellisjenius (99.36)
- Masterclass: @ cacahuate51  (98.89)

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Morrissey - Every Day Is Like Sunday (2.5) (E standard) selected by Mikson
Intermediate: Hey - Misie (6^) (E standard) selected by kayteck
Advanced: Muse - MK Ultra (7*) (E standard) selected by jellisjenius
Masterclass: White Lion - Wait (9*) (E standard) selected by Zoutje

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Morrissey - Every Day Is Like Sunday (4^) (E standard) selected by Mikson
Intermediate: Hey - Misie (4.5) (E standard) selected by kayteck
Advanced: White Lion - Wait (7.5^) (E standard) selected by Zoutje
Masterclass: White Lion - Wait (7.5) (E standard) selected by Zoutje

Bass Path:
Beginner: Morrissey - Every Day Is Like Sunday (4^) (E standard) selected by Mikson
Intermediate: Muse - MK Ultra (6^) (drop D) selected by jellisjenius (Fixed Bass version (recommend using this one)
Advanced: White Lion - Wait (6) (drop D) selected by Zoutje
Masterclass: Gentle Giant - The Power and the Glory (8.5) (E standard) selected by Mikson

Check current week Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here
NEW! - easly add songs even on your mobile!:
Add Song Suggestion

Song Suggestions List available to view here: Google Sheets Spreadsheet

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police: 2groggy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A little later than I expected, but I managed to create a selection for the new week. Difficulty adjustments for each class are not perfect, but that's the magic of the RNG I've mostly used - I hand-picked one song for the guitar paths and one for bass for the missing slots.

Songs from Muse and White Lion on the bass paths have a very similar difficulty in my opinion. There is an option to switch if I hear voices that it should be the other way around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ Mikson  thanks for using my CDLC in the competition Hey - Misie 🙂... I have a new version waiting for upload with improved synch and also with Bass path (@thanks @ Rodman  for help), pity I didn't have time to upload it...

Muse... can't wait for the concert in September... was able to get floor tickets... crazy ticket prices these days...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikson said:

A little later than I expected, but I managed to create a selection for the new week. Difficulty adjustments for each class are not perfect, but that's the magic of the RNG I've mostly used - I hand-picked one song for the guitar paths and one for bass for the missing slots.

Songs from Muse and White Lion on the bass paths have a very similar difficulty in my opinion. There is an option to switch if I hear voices that it should be the other way around.

I think Muse and White Lion should be swapped.. Muse is quite easy, got 99% on sitereading without too much paying attention to what i was doing 😉. The only difficulty to some may be the slides, but not Advanced song IMHO. In White Lion there are few places you need to think what to do as few awkward fret changes , but still at the easier side of Advanced or  medium Intermediate 😉 🙂. Saying all that, I still don't think I am good enough for Advanced and both songs seems quite easy.

Hope that makes sense 🙂

• Like 1

gWmGuOS.jpg
good tab
I64X7YT.jpg
surprised havent heard of them before i liked it! vocalist reminds me of def leppards singer.
uS7C3Lh.jpg
I think this song should be lower class, it was easier than the other song (slides for me are hit or miss) .Both paths (normal and bonus) have some wrong notes in some sections.
 k2hHnaz.jpg
Probably my fav song this week! whenever i do octave intervals slowly it reminds me of pinkfloyds money bass line but this one is faster and funner to play for me. Never heard of them but might check them out aswell. I think i could fc it.
Kinda would like this to be adv standard songs but i know it is hard to find good difficult cdlc for bass so i guess i understand why its masterclass.. although it is only like 3 sections and a short song could pass as advance song imo..

• Like 4

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

@ cacahuate51   So do you agree with @ kayteck  that Muse is more for intermediate and White Lion for advanced? Then I will switch these songs in the selection.

Regarding the wrong notes, I haven't checked it thoroughly enough, but we should probably use the corrected version - I'll add a link in the selection.

10 hours ago, kayteck said:

@ Mikson  thanks for using my CDLC in the competition Hey - Misie 🙂... I have a new version waiting for upload with improved synch and also with Bass path (@thanks @ Rodman  for help), pity I didn't have time to upload it...

Muse... can't wait for the concert in September... was able to get floor tickets... crazy ticket prices these days...

I didn't know you made a new version with the bass path. I chose this song because after using RNG I needed an intermediate song for lead and a beginner/intermediate song for rhythm. Your suggestion Sammy Haggar song (L - 5.5, R - 3.5) was perfect, but I'd get another 6 rated bass path and would have to create a bonus or not use it. The song Misie had no bass so I could use it without creating any bonuses, although the lead path is a little above intermediate level due to the solo.

Could you add an improved version to Ignition?

51 minutes ago, Mikson said:

I didn't know you made a new version with the bass path. I chose this song because after using RNG I needed an intermediate song for lead and a beginner/intermediate song for rhythm. Your suggestion Sammy Haggar song (L - 5.5, R - 3.5) was perfect, but I'd get another 6 rated bass path and would have to create a bonus or not use it. The song Misie had no bass so I could use it without creating any bonuses, although the lead path is a little above intermediate level due to the solo.

Could you add an improved version to Ignition?

i just got a quick run through bass path and it is still all over the place, so no chance i will be able to upload for this week.

Also slight synchro adjustments on lead and rhythm don't affect gameplay, so no point of uploading new version yet.

1 hour ago, Mikson said:

Regarding the wrong notes, I haven't checked it thoroughly enough, but we should probably use the corrected version - I'll add a link in the selection.

3Ec2tuf.jpg

yea, the fixed version is way more accurate for the bass thanks for the quick fix!

@ cacahuate51   So do you agree with @ kayteck  that Muse is more for intermediate and White Lion for advanced? Then I will switch these songs in the selection.

well..i honestly think they are both intermediate songs as i dont think either have hard enough sections to warrant advanced/ they both have alot of singles / repeat / easy to 99+ it (is level up class 99 or 100?) etc.  i think thats what kayteck was trying to say aswell..?  

but if one of thsoe two had to be advanced..

if we're going by score: i think muse one will be harder to 100% due to the pitched slides (tricky to get it to recognize it constantly).

If they were unpitched: it could honestly pass as a hard begginner/ low int song 3 / 3.5 imo since its mostly a 1 string song. (so then ig white lions would be the advanced)

Anyways they are pitched and the competition/ moving up in classes is about %  so i understand why you gave it to muse. 

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre

19 minutes ago, cacahuate51 said:

well..i honestly think they are both intermediate songs as i dont think either have hard enough sections to warrant advanced/ they both have alot of singles / repeat / easy to 99+ it (is level up class 99 or 100?) etc.  i think thats what kayteck was trying to say aswell..?  

but if one of thsoe two had to be advanced..

if we're going by score: i think muse one will be harder to 100% due to the pitched slides (tricky to get it to recognize it constantly).

If they were unpitched: it could honestly pass as a hard begginner/ low int song 3 / 3.5 imo since its mostly a 1 string song. (so then ig white lions would be the advanced)

Anyways they are pitched and the competition/ moving up in classes is about %  so i understand why you gave it to muse. 

This is the result of a random songs selection from the suggestion list. There are a lot of songs with bass path ratings 6 and below and less for 7 and above, so it's hard to make a selection to make everything suit perfectly. I don't think you understand it a bit, because you often write that a song should be in a lower class than it is. 😉  The alternative is to create bonuses and add another song with a higher diff rate, but this is not a good solution in my opinion.
I've swapped Muse and White Lion before because I thought you and kayteck agreed this was more suited to an intermediate.

...you often write that a song should be in a lower class than it is

Yea i mean take my comments about songs being lower class with a grain of salt as i will most likely always vote for a lower rating haha. Mainly because I like the weeks where you have to retry a couple of times to get a higher score and because in real life i would never consider myself anything above "intermediate" on any instrument.

Also im just used to getting really low scores like 30s-60s %  on r+ "advanced"  or jazz paths for guitar so its just different to get low scores on that and then pretty high ones ( 85s+) in the advanced  here...
I do understand bass is harder to find more difficult songs (they arent tabbed, not right, or songs with harder guitar just generally haver simpler basslines)  which results in bass  paths being rated a bit higher on the dificulty scale than they probably should be.

In the end i think its more important to get the feedback from people in those level/ categories and see how well they do.

• Like 1

oof arpeggios strike again.
094Sbeo.png
Once you get the rhythm down this is real fun.
CfGutCT.png

• Like 5

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

Some scores from testing.

I like both Morrissey's solo work and with The Smiths. This is an easy chill song.

20230403194731-1.jpg

Another Polish classic in the championship. Good job @ kayteck , it's not easy to create CDLCs of Polish songs, because generally there are no good tablatures for them.

20230708224749-1.jpg

Screenshot from 2 years ago. I'll see how much I can improve it this week.

20210301184943-1.jpg

I also tested White Lion some time ago and achieved a very bad score, which is why I didn't even make a screenshot. 🙂

• Like 4

Hey guys! I am going to a long family trip with my family, and hadn't have time to join even before departing... I will miss playing and posting here! I'll keep checking the song selections though...  I wish you many epic battles and see you in a month. 

P.s.

@kayteck I liked Missie! I did a quick search but didn't find any information about the band...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

Hey guys! I am going to a long family trip with my family, and hadn't have time to join even before departing... I will miss playing and posting here! I'll keep checking the song selections though...  I wish you many epic battles and see you in a month. 

Wow that must be a long trip! Are you going to another continent or around the world? 😉 

11 hours ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

@kayteck I liked Missie! I did a quick search but didn't find any information about the band...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_(band)