Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 540

Another thing I noticed about the chart
Why would I move my hands that much in the charted part? 🤔

Instead of using the 'C'/3 on the A string I can simply use 'C'/8 on the 'E' string and do the scale from there, the following chords nicely line up as well

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This makes me want to learn to transcribe songs, I might give next week's beginner song a try and learn by comparing my results with the charts 😅

• Like 4

13 hours ago, BubbleWrapDragon said:

This makes me want to learn to transcribe songs...

@ BubbleWrapDragon  yea definatley give it a go! i find it really fun to do and theres plenty of active people on discord that can help you out if you run into problems (i could try to help aswell if you mean transcribing into a cdlc)

i find fret handing can eat up some time cause theres so many ways to play a riff (which is why i do alt paths) aka
you can either do it how the artist plays it..efficiently..fun..complicated..mixed...etc
and since everyone has different experiences maybe some people prefer shifting accross the neck instead of staying same position through out..

anyways, try leaving a comment on the cdlc page as sometimes they revisit the cdlc.

• Like 4

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

11 hours ago, cacahuate51 said:

@ BubbleWrapDragon  yea definatley give it a go! i find it really fun to do and theres plenty of active people on discord that can help you out if you run into problems (i could try to help aswell if you mean transcribing into a cdlc)

i find fret handing can eat up some time cause theres so many ways to play a riff (which is why i do alt paths) aka
you can either do it how the artist plays it..efficiently..fun..complicated..mixed...etc
and since everyone has different experiences maybe some people prefer shifting accross the neck instead of staying same position through out..

anyways, try leaving a comment on the cdlc page as sometimes they revisit the cdlc.

Thank you for the information! Just being able to tab a song completely would be my priority first. I tried a couple of times, but I always ended up choosing songs that were too difficult/time-consuming for a beginner and didn't finish it 😂

I improved with ear training a bit since then and right now I also put my focus on learning to compose. 

Is it a tedious process going from a Guitar Pro transcription to a cdlc? I understand that setting the hand placement/fingering, the viewport, and probably more tasks that need to be done are very important of course, I just wonder how complex it is when the transcription is done already. 

For this week's Taylor Swift song would you say it's more like 5-10 minutes or an hour+ of work for each path starting from the finished transcription? 

• Like 2

On 2/27/2024 at 1:11 AM, someotherbruce said:

My 6 year old granddaughter likes Taylor Swift (and Abba, and Cyndi Lauper). Think I need to make a playlist for when she visits. She also like playing along with her Squire mini-strat in very easy mode. Anyway, some Swifty goodness:

2Jzk7sD.png

ZrQAuUG.png

Wow!! You have a granddaughter??!! She does have a cool grandpa indeed!!! 👍

I assumed somehow we were more or less the same age, but my second daugther is 6. I will aspire to play guitar for my  granddaughter as well!!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BubbleWrapDragon said:

Could have been better but I'm happy with it 

Bravo!!! 👏👏👏

I would want to improve my score... but tonight I will do some community service organizing next week...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife couldn't grab the beat in the taylor song and now hates her 😆. She doesnt want me to post her 80-ish score.

Is my game broken or something? It says I played this 0 times and I must have played it 5 or 6 times at least.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BubbleWrapDragon said:

Thank you for the information! Just being able to tab a song completely would be my priority first. I tried a couple of times, but I always ended up choosing songs that were too difficult/time-consuming for a beginner and didn't finish it 😂

I improved with ear training a bit since then and right now I also put my focus on learning to compose. 

Is it a tedious process going from a Guitar Pro transcription to a cdlc? I understand that setting the hand placement/fingering, the viewport, and probably more tasks that need to be done are very important of course, I just wonder how complex it is when the transcription is done already. 

For this week's Taylor Swift song would you say it's more like 5-10 minutes or an hour+ of work for each path starting from the finished transcription? 

If the Pro guitar file Is spot on then the process Is getting the beat-grid and bpm right then adding the guitar pro file after and sync It all up .

you can all ways transcribe straight to EOF then you could convert that to a GP file also. good thing with this way Is you dont need to know diddly squat about rhythms 

• Like 3