Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 514

Rodman

CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT!!! YEAH!! 🌃🤟🎸🎶

I haven't played this game, but I like and enjoy playing "Wander". I feel like is kind of unlocking some memories from my childhood or something! 

Just sharing random thoughts but... I recently saw a movie called "Tar" about a very famous and authoritarian female director of the Berlin Philarmonic, who falls from grace and her tragic finale is that she ends up conducting the score for the video game series Monster Hunter in front of an audience of cosplayers in the Philippines. That is portrayed as falling low for this conductor... but I thought to myself "I think those gameplayers actually care a lot about the music!" As a child, I remember having CDs of game music (like Dragonquest) played by an orchestra.... Anyway....

mkBhHXr.jpg

wdeo4oK.jpg

This is not my type of music, but very fun to play! Metal from Northern Europe, yeah!!!

jObRnGc.jpg

• Like 5

A Lifetime of War...a beautiful but haunting song from one of my favorite Sabaton albums. This version (Dell's Alt. Bass track, in B Std) is by far the best bass version IMO:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

So I literally can't even play parts of this song as my 4-string bass only has 21 frets and my 5-string needs a new G...also I'm just not a fan of playing this kind of 16-bit videogame music, unless it's Anamanaguchi:

This is an all-timer, one of the most enjoyable tracks I have ever played. I really got into a rhythm. Also I think my kids were disturbed when I started screaming "Drones!" :

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2023 at 11:28 PM, Argh1992 said:

Now I just watch people play on youtube every now and then so I can spend my freetime practicing guitar instead of grinding 😛 

Eii like they say..No one truly escapes runescape, you only afk it for longer periods.. haha
On the same boat as you, yt and my phone from time to time randomly recomended me rs videos and i got stuck in that rabbit hole for a while.
Hence why i decided to try to tab some songs out... just to act like i did something proactive/ maybe would help me or others out with the guitar  😛

• Like 1

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

On 8/31/2023 at 10:41 AM, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

It is the second time I have been promoted to masterclass in bass, so I will accept the challenge!!!

I will enjoy the flavor of last week's win in advance bass, because I won't be able to win from now on in two or three years, I think....

Besides that, I don't feel I am in masterclass, since I suck at slapping! I barely can do level two of this:

Eiii! Grats on the promotion! I think you and i are on the same level ish so the future will be fun!

Ooof yea i also am nowhere near the video cant do that on the bass...also wouldnt consider myself a masterclass but jelly thought so...so here i am xD but challenging songs and more participants in the class is always more exciting i think 🙂 

• Like 3

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre

17 hours ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT!!! YEAH!! 🌃🤟🎸🎶

I haven't played this game, but I like and enjoy playing "Wander". I feel like is kind of unlocking some memories from my childhood or something! 

Just sharing random thoughts but... I recently saw a movie called "Tar" about a very famous and authoritarian female director of the Berlin Philarmonic, who falls from grace and her tragic finale is that she ends up conducting the score for the video game series Monster Hunter in front of an audience of cosplayers in the Philippines. That is portrayed as falling low for this conductor... but I thought to myself "I think those gameplayers actually care a lot about the music!" As a child, I remember having CDs of game music (like Dragonquest) played by an orchestra.... Anyway....

Glad you enjoyed it and did that to you!

As for random thoughts, i personally enjoy reading them  think it makes the weeks more memorable. I think you are absolutley right that game players actually care alot about the music in games, cause it can be just as good as movie scores and since you are spending more time on it it'll get stuck with you for longer. Same, i remember as a child orchestras would also feature soundtracks from both medias. So it made me kinda chuckle to read that that was cosidered the lowest point xD especially since monster hunter is/was pretty popular (never played it) but according to steam charts it had over 329k people playing it at its highest peak.. to put that in perspective, rocksmith at its highest peak has only been a bit over 4k, which really surprises me.

I decided to watch the movie cause i had nothing better to do.. I think she just had the passion to keep on doing it regardless of the circumstances..In the end it didnt matter who the audience was the only thing that mattered was what emotions it proveked them to have...which ig is also why the movie just focuses on the build up to one event rather than multiple ones or a collage of them. Thought maybe she was gonna change a bit since she threw up at the message area but it would be a bit rushed...and her soloist was also female so...idk kinda left a distastefull tatse lol

As i was writing this it brought me memories of a movie similar to this one, that i had erased from my mind on purpose xD called tellstar the joe meek story. It has james corden (uk late night tv host) as one of the actors i forgot that he was in it though. Based on a true story and it happened on a road i used to walk on every day called holloway road. But yea not the happiest type of movie xD as alot of musician movies tend to be.

• Thanks 1

Until now, I was using emulated bass on my guitar to play bass paths...

And now... I got myself my first ever brand new bass...

That is sooo much different...

I was trying to play with fingers at first, but I can see it will take a long time to get use to it...

However, advanced bass played on emulated guitar as my brand new bass doesn't have that many frets 😉

MGJfpsG.jpg
1CVmtjy.jpg
DnNSuG3.jpg
38D1QaU.jpg
DIi2PNH.jpg
DZDVjgq.jpg
JbrJ9jh.jpg

• Like 7

On 9/2/2023 at 7:26 PM, cacahuate51 said:

Eiii! Grats on the promotion! I think you and i are on the same level ish so the future will be fun!

Ooof yea i also am nowhere near the video cant do that on the bass...also wouldnt consider myself a masterclass but jelly thought so...so here i am xD but challenging songs and more participants in the class is always more exciting i think 🙂 

Thanks man!!! I'll be in the bottom of the list for a while, but I am excited to join the competition! Looking forward to many epic battles!

On 9/2/2023 at 8:08 PM, cacahuate51 said:

Glad you enjoyed it and did that to you!

As for random thoughts, i personally enjoy reading them  think it makes the weeks more memorable. I think you are absolutley right that game players actually care alot about the music in games, cause it can be just as good as movie scores and since you are spending more time on it it'll get stuck with you for longer. Same, i remember as a child orchestras would also feature soundtracks from both medias. So it made me kinda chuckle to read that that was cosidered the lowest point xD especially since monster hunter is/was pretty popular (never played it) but according to steam charts it had over 329k people playing it at its highest peak.. to put that in perspective, rocksmith at its highest peak has only been a bit over 4k, which really surprises me.

I decided to watch the movie cause i had nothing better to do.. I think she just had the passion to keep on doing it regardless of the circumstances..In the end it didnt matter who the audience was the only thing that mattered was what emotions it proveked them to have...which ig is also why the movie just focuses on the build up to one event rather than multiple ones or a collage of them. Thought maybe she was gonna change a bit since she threw up at the message area but it would be a bit rushed...and her soloist was also female so...idk kinda left a distastefull tatse lol

As i was writing this it brought me memories of a movie similar to this one, that i had erased from my mind on purpose xD called tellstar the joe meek story. It has james corden (uk late night tv host) as one of the actors i forgot that he was in it though. Based on a true story and it happened on a road i used to walk on every day called holloway road. But yea not the happiest type of movie xD as alot of musician movies tend to be.

Thanks for your reply! I just realized it was YOUR CDLD!!!! I did enjoyed it a lot man!

I am glad we agree about the music in games. It has been important even in "primitive games" like Mario Bross. I read Shigeru Miyamoto, who made the game, hired a professional musician and was amazed by the result. The main theme has kind of "latin" influences and they made the music so that you could recognize the scene you are just by listening to it. 

And great you watched Tar!!! I also cheked the plot of Telstar, but seems very tragic 🥶

Talking about games... I just saw this video yesterday.  I am a fan of Hiromi Uehara, and her bassist  is also a superb player!

And also talking about games, this is a music project from a guy whose job is actually composing game music. I've seen it live! Hope you like it!!!