Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 469

avastreg

Had to do give this one a go. Need to play seabed again at some point.
Ekf118Y.png
Quite like this, nice song and pretty fun to play.
XtHZdLY.png
Rip clean bit.
MHNdeFy.png

• Like 4

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

7 hours ago, Rodman said:

ah, nice music! (4.5ish) (5) is ok for the low low tuning

Yeah. This one has me concerned.  Thinking of tossing heavier strings on one of my guitars and giving it a shot. But I like my Tele and borrowed PRS with 9 - 42's. I could maybe put 10 - 52's on my Gretsch Junior Jet and see if it works. But I should probably consider either a drop pedal or a guitar dedicated to drop tuning. The Junior Jet wouldn't be a good choice - with one P90 and a Bigsby vibrato - it would be all sorts of wrong. Gotta try this one and see.

I know some of you guys are using drop pedals for low tuning. Do some of you have a favorite guitar for this style of music?

15 minutes ago, someotherbruce said:

I know some of you guys are using drop pedals for low tuning. Do some of you have a favorite guitar for this style of music?

I used to tune up my 7 string to drop B for this kinda thing since most of utsu-p's songs were at least this low before he swapped to an 8 string.

Got a set of 10-56 on there which'd be 13-56 for a 6 string ignoring the high E. Works pretty well to around drop G but they do get a bit tight when if you tune them up all the way to C# standard (no breaks so far though). This'd also depend on your scale length too though but it sounds like an interesting experiment.

Also make me wonder on submitting low tuned songs to the ssl, I've charted a fair bit of songs in this sort of tuning (and lower) but have been put off adding any of them because of the tuning/instrument requirements. I think having some 7/8 string stuff could be interesting given the different playstyles/techniques used as the tunings get lower and cfsm/dlc builder could be used to pitch shift the tones.

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

So I'm all for diverse taste in music but maybe we can avoid blatantly racist and degrading songs like Asian Hooker for the Championship? I mean seriously, I should have known just from the song name but I foolishly decided to give it a shot. 30 seconds in I was scrambling to turn it off with my kids sitting nearby and feeling utterly disgusted. 

Come on let's be better than that. Guess I'll be skipping Adv Bass this week.

This one is a classic:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

And this was a lot of fun (IMO more of a 7.5-8, not 8.5):

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

So I'm all for diverse taste in music but maybe we can avoid blatantly racist and degrading songs like Asian Hooker for the Championship? I mean seriously, I should have known just from the song name but I foolishly decided to give it a shot. 30 seconds in I was scrambling to turn it off with my kids sitting nearby and feeling utterly disgusted.

Since the song was my recommendation I just wanna say disagree with everything you wrote, including the underlying premise. So it's a no from me. I won't elaborate further because this is not the place for such discussions.

13 hours ago, jellisjenius said:

Come on let's be better than that.

That's what I've been trying to do. Have you seen my mc score this week?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice practice for beginners.

20221019203800-1.jpg

Really fun song. Another that I discovered thanks to the championship!

20221019204354-1.jpg

I'm not fluent in English, so focusing on the game doesn't pay much attention to the lyrics. But I checked the lyrics on the net and ... it's really hard 😀 They generally have such rude lyrics?

20221019205232-1.jpg

And Riverside. I only knew 2 of their newer albums before, but a few weeks ago I was at a concert and I have to admit that they do very well live. By the way, I explored the discography (older albums) and discovered a lot of interesting songs. I would like to add that this is a Polish band that you may not know about, because the lyrics are only in English.

And @ jellisjenius . I rated this 8 and in the opening post this is also 8. I don't know where you see 8.5.

20220926225907-1.jpg

• Like 1