Jump to content

Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 411


Mikson
 Share

Recommended Posts

What % would you guys say would be good enough for the average pub band .  Because I've seen some ropey versions of songs by cover bands over the years . I Think probably 75- 80% ?? Would be plenty  good enough . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
3 hours ago, Daz40 said:

Another question for all what does everyone have thier video lag setting at, the default is 50. But I find I'm playing ahead of the music to get a perfect . ??

I keep mine on 0. With that, exclusive mode on and a latency buffer of 2 I can play on time and mostly get perfects in SA.

It's mostly for TV image/sound processing correction, in most cases on PC it should be on 0 otherwise it's just adding more lag.

  • Like 1

Ea3cCUQ.png                                               "Be excellent to each others"-Kurokotei / 黒皇帝                                                Gh59blB.png

My todo list (majorly outdated)                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        500 songs hype

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, coldrampage said:

I keep mine on 0. With that, exclusive mode on and a latency buffer of 2 I can play on time and mostly get perfects in SA.

It's mostly for TV image/sound processing correction, in most cases on PC it should be on 0 otherwise it's just adding more lag.

Will try that, I am moving from a toshiba laptop to a pc soon Intel i5 so that should sort any lag out. What I meant is I like to be right in time with the music, and I find I am  hitting notes well before the notes on screen hit the fretboard when I am  . I actually found I was hitting more perfect notes by moving the slider the other way around 100 - 150.?? I guess it's just trial and error .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ELO is a phenomenal band.R9SFfqyP_o.jpg

Bought this album when I was like 13/14. Thought it was great, this caused me to check out their most recent stuff. I haven't listened to them since this album, honestly their new stuff isn't half-bad.8D90xmp4_o.jpg9YzmzfuT_o.jpgBoth Metallica and BOC are excellent. No surprise there. BOC is particular is an underappreciated band deserving of more recognition.oz5t1MnH_o.jpg7vmat9Pp_o.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So little time this week to practice...

Don't think I will have more to improve. They are all new songs for me (surprisingly never try to play Fade... before!!!) so no whooping scores from me this week as I could only play all once or twice...

class paths

ADqPloj.jpg

1LhhuhJ.jpg

s9pKnym.jpg

 

other classes:

CYIzI9N.jpg

aoE5sQ0.jpg

V4GWys9.jpg

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Daz40 said:

What % would you guys say would be good enough for the average pub band .  Because I've seen some ropey versions of songs by cover bands over the years . I Think probably 75- 80% ?? Would be plenty  good enough . 

in rocksmith? if you play 80% through an amp you can hear its nothing like the song... I think at least 90%+ to be average 95%+ to be good

i find rocksmith way way too forgiving

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Anitomer said:

in rocksmith? if you play 80% through an amp you can hear its nothing like the song... I think at least 90%+ to be average 95%+ to be good

i find rocksmith way way too forgiving

Yea I could see that. Was just thinking would be good if you could turn up or down the volume of the part you are playing . So you could just hear your guitar along with the band.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Daz40 said:

Yea I could see that. Was just thinking would be good if you could turn up or down the volume of the part you are playing . So you could just hear your guitar along with the band.

you can! in the mixer turn down the music sound and you can hear you guitar alot louder

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Anitomer said:

you can! in the mixer turn down the music sound and you can hear you guitar alot louder

But that is the whole band right?? Not the individual instrument . Like with stems.  That would be good .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Anitomer said:

yeah its the whole band, your guitar is another "layer" of sound

You are right though, need to plug into a big amp and crank it up sometimes. I spent alot of years on technique, playing unplugged or through headphones. Then when I plugged in and turned it up, oh my you can here ever tiny  error, its a real kick in the teeth .lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Daz40 said:

You are right though, need to plug into a big amp and crank it up sometimes. I spent alot of years on technique, playing unplugged or through headphones. Then when I plugged in and turned it up, oh my you can here ever tiny  error, its a real kick in the teeth .lol

I've struggled with getting the right sound for years. I used to put a  "Y" connection on my guitar one would be my rocksmith cable to pc the other to my amp. Headphone audio jack out of pc to my amp. I can really crank up the songs that way. And in the mixer turn up my guitar to 100% and music down.  But I was never really happy other than cranking it up. I could also change my guitar sound with my amp during the process. Always seemed to have lag from game. No matter if 2 latency or 1 or 0 or 4, lag in game settings from 0 to whatever. Lag always seemed to be either hit note early, (ex. hit  E string just before note gets to string) or it was to late, or higher lag setting in game, which really makes sight reading and play suck. Experimenting with a new audio interface, and lag seems to be gone (since no Realtone Cable). But my output is not connected to a PA yet, just studio speakers. So I'm missing my loud at the moment. Repeating the same sound from the original artist is key, and most songs are off....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Rodman unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy