Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 382

diceslinger

i don't like beginner's lead this week.. not my cup of tea...

iaZZEX8.jpg

intermediate rhythm however... it is so cool... very repetitive, but riff not so easy to play for me.... it sounds great though.... i did not get over 90% and did not survive even half the song on Hard in score attack, but so much fun to play...

JEngzLV.jpg

bass beginner i would say is 2, not 3. And again, if not shitty recognition of emulated bass i would get 100%.

ijql9FD.jpg

intermediate bass this week is definitely not 5 imho. it should be 3.

i got 99% with 2nd try.. will try score attack, but recognition does not help here...

cws7C2X.jpg

Edited by kayteck
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, railshark said:

🤷‍♂️ I dunno!  Seems like everyone is having a blast with the bass songs this week, maybe I should shop for a bass instead 😆

Emulate bass is a gateway drug 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Finally  made a play through of the She Wolf, and damn she is a hard one! I think it's higher than "intermediate" level. But at least I get better at making octaves. 🙂

191C4DB32FC8B25C7CEF4554151C0902B5380DF4

And it seems I can't get the other ones any better. Deap Vally is a bit annoying, for I'm sure I play it better, but some notes seems to be missed, though I'm sure I play them...

• Like 3

@Rodman I've been working on this for a while, finally got a chance to lay it down.  I only listened to the original a few times so I didn't just end up playing it.  I ended up just playing around with the chords, making notes about what I liked.  I add some chords changes, I may have changed the A chord to Am, or the tab I had was wrong.  It sounded better to be with Am.  This was a blast, I think I ended up pretty far from the original, but I am pretty happy with it.  Still some buzz on the guitar, I think I need to replace the bridge, but I like being able to use the piezo mic on that guitar.  The vocals are all chopped up to remove some pops and clicks.  The diaphragm mic is a lot more sensitive, so there were more of those.

• Like 3

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@diceslinger description later, vid now

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I need to get adjusted to my new bass, so I'll jump in on Daft Punk this week.

First off, I just finished building this acoustic thunderbird 5 and strung it BEADG.  I'm not used to the tuning, string spacing or scale, so This will take some work.  so far, I'm up to 98.3%

Here's a link to the thread with picture of the bass https://www.tdpri.com/threads/2021-winter-build-off-thunderbird-5.1057864/page-6

Edit - the whole build thread is in Link # 4 of my signature VVVVVVV

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

11 hours ago, Rodman said:

@diceslinger description later, vid now

well.... now finally some time for a lil description. Thats a weird version of mine. One week ago we spent a vacation with my brothers family. I took 2 old acoustic guitars with me.
After restringing them we sat down to give them a try. I already had listened to the chosen song once, so put up the chords from UG and told my brother we had to do a cover, which we did instantly with a lot of *help* of my brothers 11month old baby girl, the other 3 kids (11,9-mine, 4-brothers) running around. Thats me on the western rhythm guitar and my brother on the solo classic (first try and first time ever playing together)  recorded pressing record on my cellphone lying on the ground which created a fearsome 36kbps audio clip. I did reduce the noise meaning the very loud baby cries with audacity and yd finally found the time to do the vocals trying my new vocals condensator mic (really like that one). Pic is from snowboarding last we with a view towards the place i live.

Rock!

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

13 hours ago, diceslinger said:

@Rodman I've been working on this for a while, finally got a chance to lay it down.  I only listened to the original a few times so I didn't just end up playing it.  I ended up just playing around with the chords, making notes about what I liked.  I add some chords changes, I may have changed the A chord to Am, or the tab I had was wrong.  It sounded better to be with Am.  This was a blast, I think I ended up pretty far from the original, but I am pretty happy with it.  Still some buzz on the guitar, I think I need to replace the bridge, but I like being able to use the piezo mic on that guitar.  The vocals are all chopped up to remove some pops and clicks.  The diaphragm mic is a lot more sensitive, so there were more of those.

Wow. My fav of them all so far!!!
I love the absolute slow speed and the epicness that creates. Such a good mix with the well fitting vocals. A real story told there. Hell yeah.
Immense progress.

So ... what´s next.... well, i already told you that i already knew the right song...
As it becomes clear that our real strenght are the vocals 😉 we must challenge a real master there:
Audioslave - Like a Stone
Let´s tribute the master and show him how that really really was supposed to sound!

slow +

40587363sj.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rodman said:

Wow. My fav of them all so far!!!
I love the absolute slow speed and the epicness that creates. Such a good mix with the well fitting vocals. A real story told there. Hell yeah.
Immense progress.

So ... what´s next.... well, i already told you that i already knew the right song...
As it becomes clear that our real strenght are the vocals 😉 we must challenge a real master there:
Audioslave - Like a Stone
Let´s tribute the master and show him how that really really was supposed to sound!

My wife and I were talking about these versions of Two Black Cadillacs.  In our discussion we both thought that the original by Carrie Underwood has a "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" vibe with a very powerful fury.  My version we both agree is a lonely story told long after the fact.  I picture dust and tumbleweeds blowing across a grave with no one around.  In fact the faint chorus I pushed to sound faint and ghostlike like voices in the wind.  Your version made us both realize that the song could be about more than the cars, grave, or even the two women.  The quiet family laughing and talking in the background evokes thoughts of happy times that are now rent asunder.  The children are crying as two families are both ripped apart.  I never thought about whether on not there were kids involved in the story!  You manage to capture an innocence lost.  Powerful stuff.

I liked the two guitars, I'm always impressed at how cleanly you play, and your brother's playing really added to the song. You provided a good base and his playing moved around on top of that.  That had to be so cool to record something together!  Your new vocal mic does sound nice.  What kind is it?  

Audioslave....nice choice.  I watched a masterclass by Tom Morello a few month ago and he talked about Chris Cornell being one of the best at fitting lyrics to an existing melody.  I bought the Audioslave DLC after that masterclass, but haven't really given them the study I want to.  Looks like here is my chance!  This pick brings me full circle on our challenge, because one of the points that Tom Morello made was to start expressing yourself.  You don't have to wait until you can play someone else's songs, play your songs.  He said he tried lessons and hated it.  Years later he listened to a punk album and was in a band the same day.  He said there were 3 bands in the school, one was good and played all of the pop songs everyone liked, one played metal, and his played their own songs because they couldn't play anyone else's.  So anyway, that bit is what pushed me to accept your challenge, and what pushes me to keep putting myself out there and make the music mine.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, diceslinger said:

My wife and I were talking about these versions of Two Black Cadillacs.  In our discussion we both thought that the original by Carrie Underwood has a "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" vibe with a very powerful fury.  My version we both agree is a lonely story told long after the fact.  I picture dust and tumbleweeds blowing across a grave with no one around.  In fact the faint chorus I pushed to sound faint and ghostlike like voices in the wind.  Your version made us both realize that the song could be about more than the cars, grave, or even the two women.  The quiet family laughing and talking in the background evokes thoughts of happy times that are now rent asunder.  The children are crying as two families are both ripped apart.  I never thought about whether on not there were kids involved in the story!  You manage to capture an innocence lost.  Powerful stuff.

I liked the two guitars, I'm always impressed at how cleanly you play, and your brother's playing really added to the song. You provided a good base and his playing moved around on top of that.  That had to be so cool to record something together!  Your new vocal mic does sound nice.  What kind is it?  

Audioslave....nice choice.  I watched a masterclass by Tom Morello a few month ago and he talked about Chris Cornell being one of the best at fitting lyrics to an existing melody.  I bought the Audioslave DLC after that masterclass, but haven't really given them the study I want to.  Looks like here is my chance!  This pick brings me full circle on our challenge, because one of the points that Tom Morello made was to start expressing yourself.  You don't have to wait until you can play someone else's songs, play your songs.  He said he tried lessons and hated it.  Years later he listened to a punk album and was in a band the same day.  He said there were 3 bands in the school, one was good and played all of the pop songs everyone liked, one played metal, and his played their own songs because they couldn't play anyone else's.  So anyway, that bit is what pushed me to accept your challenge, and what pushes me to keep putting myself out there and make the music mine.

Just testing songs for next week.

For your comment: Thx a lot and Hell, yeah.
(for the mic - we´ll have a lot time for that, promised)
Bass now

3 hours ago, Orkkongen said:

Stupid She Wolf... Actually the song gets better while playing and listening to it several times. At least I got past the 90%. But it's still hard and very difficult.

30AAF7C9ADDB085C5805396964F96E0EF5344C44

I am impressed at your persistence on this song!  I played it twice and my hand hurt so bad!  Good to see someone having success at it.

On 2/19/2021 at 1:06 AM, 2groggy said:

I need to get adjusted to my new bass, so I'll jump in on Daft Punk this week.

First off, I just finished building this acoustic thunderbird 5 and strung it BEADG.  I'm not used to the tuning, string spacing or scale, so This will take some work.  so far, I'm up to 98.3%

Here's a link to the thread with picture of the bass https://www.tdpri.com/threads/2021-winter-build-off-thunderbird-5.1057864/page-6

Edit - the whole build thread is in Link # 4 of my signature VVVVVVV

Oh man, you are getting better and better - absolute beauty. Congratualtions. How does it play and sound????

If i ever need building advice, i´ll make sure to hide from the fb cops and send smoke signals.

Rock and Build!

Hi !

Like Orkkongen Shakira is painfull for me, octaves are too fast for my level... The song is boring too, so i skipped it, sorry 😕

Here are the tries :

Beginner : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2401869285

Intermediate, the A434 feels weird, it should be standard for me... : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2401869452

Advanced / masterclass : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2401869635

GG for the winners of God of Guitar, and bass @Snakewizard @veggs95!

• Like 1

+ lead

40594077mp.jpg

• Like 1

rhy +

40594142tn.jpg

• Like 1