Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 363

As for the Alestorm song, we used old version from 2014/15, but there is also a version from this year made by Teinashu.

This version has both Lead and Rhythm which can be added to the beginner level.

Link here: http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/drink-r48527

@@diceslinger @@Rodman

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Eddie Van Halen died today. This is a sad day.

https://twitter.com/WolfVanHalen/status/1313561314598350848

Clicked "like" just so I can unlike those news. Throat cancer is a female dog.

• Like 3

Latest championship entries (click each timestamp to see the full screenshot.)

I was hesitant to try a whole album because I wasn't sure if I was going to spend close to an hour stumbling over obscure chords. That was not that case. It was pretty fun! First time listening to Sabaton as well.

28yls4.jpg

The bass was also fun, but half way through the second to last song the difficulty dropped off. I know I put the entire song at 100% when I started but the sections were not visible. I tried to change it in Riff Repeater right after it happened (while still in the song) so I didn't have to start over but it wouldn't let me change that section. I don't know if this still counts, or if I have to edit it in one of the programs, or just try it on Score Attack.

28ycXf.jpg

• Like 2

This week's bass tracks seem easier than rating suggests. The exception is Skyclad - The One Piece Puzzle, which ironically I had most problems with (I hit 96% on the first try, and then restarted several times while playing).

20201005234239-1.jpg

20201005235838-1.jpg

20201005232044-1.jpg

20201005235210-1.jpg

20201005233304-1.jpg

• Like 2

The bass was also fun, but half way through the second to last song the difficulty dropped off. I know I put the entire song at 100% when I started but the sections were not visible. I tried to change it in Riff Repeater right after it happened (while still in the song) so I didn't have to start over but it wouldn't let me change that section. I don't know if this still counts, or if I have to edit it in one of the programs, or just try it on Score Attack.

28ycXf.jpg

Disable dynamic difficulty in the game options. I also had the problem sometimes that DD lowered level during playing. There is a big difference in your screen between accuracy and the final result which suggests you didn't play 100% difficulty.

• Like 3

As for the Alestorm song, we used old version from 2014/15, but there is also a version from this year made by Teinashu.

This version has both Lead and Rhythm which can be added to the beginner level.

Link here: http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/drink-r48527

@@diceslinger @@Rodman

I like the lead part better on Teinashu's version for sure.  His rhythm looks to be about the same as Nacholede's lead.  Nacholede's bass seemed seemed more accurate and more fun, so I'm loath to replace it.  

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

I restrung my Gretsch, it had one string that was slipping on the tuning peg and it was only matter of time before it came off.  I had 9s on it, so it was really good for bendy stuff, but being a hollow body it always sounded "plinky."  I was looking through my box of strings and I found some flatwound 11s that were supposed to be mellow rather than bright, so I decided to try them.  Well, restringing with a floating bridge and a Bigsby tremelo with heavier strings was a bit tricky, but I got it and man it sounds good now!  And I love the feel of the flatwounds!  But I can't catch all of the bends now, as displayed here.

2K0dfFy.jpg

• Like 2

Championship Leaderboard                                                         Song Selection Sheet

Eddie Van Halen died today. This is a sad day.

https://twitter.com/WolfVanHalen/status/1313561314598350848

And we lost Johnny Nash who is famous for "I Can See Clearly Now."  He and his partner also signed Bob Marley to JAD records.  

• Like 2

lead +, 95

39596535qf.jpg

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

rhy +

39596695tn.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Disable dynamic difficulty in the game options. I also had the problem sometimes that DD lowered level during playing. There is a big difference in your screen between accuracy and the final result which suggests you didn't play 100% difficulty.

Dynamic difficulty was turned off. When I changed the difficulty in RR it only let me go so far in the song. It wouldn't let me access the area in the red circle.

2UdR0x.jpg

After that point, I had to let the song play through each individual section and change the difficulty from there. I couldn't just raise the difficulty, I had to drop it down to zero and then bring it back up to 100 otherwise it didn't work. Plus, if I moved the top marker to the left at all I had to wait for the song to play through again to get back to the later sections. Really strange... 

It should be good now so I'll give it another go, but if something weird happens again I'm gonna have to tap out on this one.