New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Hi, All

We have 3 new Full Members joining us here at The Classic Rock Coalition Social Group. I am sure everyone here knows Bornwildengleg and A51Ripcord.

Bornwild is a 6-string and Bass Guitar player and has 2 Customs charted Location North Carolina USA with 233 Likes and 630 Posts.

engleg, I don't know if enleg is a 6-string or Bass Guitar player or both. He has 2 Customs charted Location Denver, Colorado USA with 278 Likes and 750 Posts.

A51Ripcord Looks like Ripcord is a 6-string and Bass Guitar player also. No customs yet. Location Chattanooga, TN USA with 28 Likes and 112 Posts.

So welcome Bornwildengleg and A51Ripcord. to The Classic Rock Coalition Social Group.

At the Members forum be sure to hit the button follow this topic (at the top of the page) if you would like to receive alerts when someone posts at the Members Forum.

Full Members List as of 10/2/2015

@avdocatwork - Magna Charter - Location: Dallas, TX USA - 103 Customs on CF - 1978 Likes 601 Posts.

@manchot66 - Magna Charter - Location: Chicago, IL USA - 69 Customs on CF - 1215 Likes 781Posts.

@RSBass - Magna Charter - Location: Germany - 65 Customs on CF - 1106 Likes 245 Posts.

@frippchen - Magna Charter - Location: Germany - 41 Customs on CF - Likes Posts.

@jbroch - Magna Charter - Location: - 6 Customs on CF - Likes Posts.

@Crossbolt242 - Magna Charter - Location: - 104 Customs on CF - Likes Posts.

@AtreidesGhola - Magna Charter - Location: - 13 Customs on CF - Likes Posts.

@Aludog - Magna Charter - Location: - 154 Customs on CF - Likes Posts.

@torkk - Magna Charter - Location: - 43 Customs on CF - Likes Posts.

@RufusDelta - Magna Charter - Location: - 45 Customs on CF - Likes Posts.

@xDatBoiSOBLE - Magna Charter - Location: - 7 Customs on CF - Likes Posts.

@chrixlanier - Newbie - Location: L.A., CA USA - Likes Posts.

@robage12 - Donator - Location: - Customs on CF - Likes Posts.

@KJParsley - Donator - Location: - Customs on CF - Likes Posts.

@albatross213 - Magna Charter - Location: - 116 Customs on CF - 1495 Likes 909 Posts.

@Antithez - Magna Charter - Location: - 313 Customs on CF - 1965 Likes 756 Posts.

@vigonsky2009 - Magna Charter - Location: - 13 Customs on CF - 289 Likes 491 Posts.

@JamesPrestonUK - Magna Charter - Location: - 113 Customs on CF - 762 Likes 347 Posts.

@LaceyB - Magna Charter - Location: - 76 Customs on CF - 884 Likes 681 Posts.

@Bornwild - Magna Charter - Location: North Carolina USA - Customs on CF 233 Likes 630 Posts

@engleg - Magna Charter - Location: Denver, Colorado USA - Customs on CF278 Likes 750 Posts

@A51Ripcord - Magna Charter - Location: Chattanooga, TN USA - 28 Likes 112 Posts

Later, avdocatwork aka: Terry

•  
  • Like 1

@

Hi, LaceyB

This is the right place to ask questions on charting customs and also a place to exchange info with others. We have scanned and passed on songs from tab books ect: And passed on information to each other to make Charting Customs easier. And also the place to have your Classic Rock Customs test run by CRC Members before you post them to CustomsForge, It saves the headache of negative feedback on your custom DLC page. It won't stop all negative feedback some people are very picky and rude by nature. I am sure you have run across that type on CF, like we all have. I will keep in touch here and help you out on your questions as I am sure many others here will help you out also.

Later, Terry

@ - I'll answer what I can, but some of your questions go outside of my areas of expertise.

1) I'm not sure I've seen what you're talking about. Are you saying the album art disappears throughout the rest of your play session, or just momentarily? Whatever the case, I'll keep an eye out for it happening once I know what to look for.

2) I know some people use GoPlayAlong, but I haven't gotten into that. Beyond that, there's no real trick. What I try to do is: 

i) get a bpm that's in the neighborhood of correct (so over the course of a few measures it's usually pretty easy to tell whether a marker needs to move left or right to go to the corresponding beat), which is hopefully in the GP (though sometimes they're pretty far off), then

ii) do a "coarse" run-through where I just try to sync something every few measures (bass drum, pauses, etc. are good candidates) and not worry too much about what's going on in between, then

iii) do a finer run through where I'll check in between the spots I've already synced and fix up places that are a little off (using 50% playback rate if necessary).

3) If you include both DD and non-DD in the same file, then DD should be the bonus arrangement. Bonus and alternate arrangements can't be score-attacked, and score-attacking is usually much easier on non-DD arrangements. Beyond that (which, to be fair, is pretty big for me), I don't think there's much advantage to non-DD arrangements. Also, in Learn a Song it's easy enough to make a DD arrangement act like it's non-DD.

4) I don't think there's anything gained from checking that box when it's not enforced, but you'd be better off asking Alex360 or Cozy1 or one of the toolkit developers over here or in this thread.

5) I don't even know who to point you to for this one. Sorry.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Good Morning All!!

Back home in Boston from Plano. for the weekend and just booked my travel for a week in Atlanta starting tomorrow, then maybe a week in NY from the 12-? so keep loading up the CF with awesomeness for me to play when I get home lol..

Hope you all have a good 2 weeks...

Jerry

PS: The MIM Fender has a new Neck and sounds amazing!!! So happy!!!

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@, wow, that are lot of questions :)

for 1) do you mean the album art disappeares when you enter the song? But In the overview it's there? I never had this issue, but make sure to save it in the right size (512)

2) I always sync in GoPlayAlong, for me the easies and best way . If you buy the full version (about15€) GPA can export the synced file which you can import in EOF. Then you have nothing to sync there and all notes are perfect in place.

3) I also prefer DD versions in most cases. But I always upload the version without DD. I add DD almost at the end when everything seems fine to me, so you have both anyway, but I leave it as separate CDLC. Because you cannot play Bonus Arrangements in Score Attack.

4) I don't know, but I guess this checkbox is relevant only if your arrangement uses more than one tone, and then it's filled automatically.

5) I really don't know this  ^_^

hope I could help

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@ @@albatross213

Hi, Frippchen and Albatross, Thanks for helping LaceyB out with the Charting questions.

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

I feel for you dude, all the extra work laid on you really got you on the move recently. I have 2 events lined up this week, volunteered by my Daughter. This evening I am setting up and running the lighting at the daughters High School Music event again this year, then Friday got another Gig setting up audio and video projection equipment for a movie night in the park. Fund raiser for the daughters Girl Scout Troupe, also setting up a concession stand with some of my concession machines, both are going to be some late nights, before I get home and get everything put up and all.

Lately I have been re-charting the Rhythm and Lead sections on the Beatles - Hey Jude. That first version I posted the Bass is OK but the Lead and Rhythm paths are a real mess.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Got in late last night or early morning , depends on how you eel about the clock. Hoping to have a week at the homestead before heading out to NYC for a week. Really tired but looking forward to getting some play time in this week. Looks like you've all been busy blasting out some awesome tunes for me to play thanks!!! 

Jerry

Hi, Guys

I have been working on Hey Jude, and finally think I am getting somewhere with the Lead and Rhythm Paths. When I added the Capo to the 1st fret in EOF it shifted all the chords up a fret, I had to change the chord positions again, but missed some. I have to run through it again and straighten them out. But I know I am on the right track finally. If anyone wants to give it a try here's a link to it. The Beatles - Hey Jude V4.5.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I have been working on Hey Jude, and finally think I am getting somewhere with the Lead and Rhythm Paths. When I added the Capo to the 1st fret in EOF it shifted all the chords up a fret, I had to change the chord positions again, but missed some. I have to run through it again and straighten them out. But I know I am on the right track finally. If anyone wants to give it a try here's a link to it. The Beatles - Hey Jude V4.5.

Later, Terry

I gotta say I really enjoyed playing this, and I am not a huge Beatles fan but that was fun. First off I Accidentally downloaded the NO DD version, so that's the one I tested.

Played great, I noticed nothing wrong but I was focusing on the notes and Hit 85% on Rhythm and Lead..Woohoo!

* The Capo was easy to tune and sounded great with the tones ( can I borrow those        tones? )  :)

• Like 1

2) I always sync in GoPlayAlong, for me the easies and best way . If you buy the full version (about15€) GPA can export the synced file which you can import in EOF. Then you have nothing to sync there and all notes are perfect in place.

Haven't used it yet, but I purchased it for $20, I think there is going to be a time were this tool will help tremendously.

@@A51Ripcord

Sure Ripcord - on using the tones.

I have two different Beatles Tone sets I put together one Electric and the other a Acoustic set, like on Hey Jude.

I also saw your Custom Copperhead Road by Steve Earle, I plan on giving it a run through this evening, It's great that you have gotten a lot of positive feedback on the Custom already.

Later, Terry

@ - I'm glad you found some of my posts useful! I've picked up a bunch of tricks beyond what's in the tutorials (between tips from other people, and needing to figure things out for some especially crazy songs), and figured I should try to spread the most helpful ones a bit to help out others.

In the longer term, I probably should try to make a guide and consolidate everything, but doing something like that seems pretty intimidating. I'd want to do a good job on it, and preparing for making videos and everything will take a lot of time. Perhaps I could find the time to do it over the holidays or something, but I wouldn't be optimistic about that.

Anyway, as far as estimating bpm goes, here are the two ways I usually do it.

Method 1: If working from a GP, set the bpm in there as the bpm in EoF. Then sync up a few measures and figure out the average bpm for that (which will often be closer than that set in GP), and set the song to that.

Method 2: If there isn't a GP, or the GP tempo is way off, I'll use something like this to figure out the bpm by tapping while listening along. It's good to have a longer sample if possible, but because of tempo drifts longer samples aren't always more accurate.

Then if you notice the tempo drifting off, then reset the tempo to what it's been in the last few measures (so long as there aren't any big tempo changes).

The goal with these isn't to get the tempo exact (that doesn't happen, except for more recent releases that are digitally altered in the studio to be metronomic), but close enough so that if you go a few measures after the last place where you've synced a beat that you won't get confused whether a beat should be adjusted to the left or to the right in order to be on sync.

I've never much used EoF's feature for estimating BPM. It's pretty useless for a lot of stuff I work on, since the songs often don't have consistent tempos or time signatures.

And I don't think remember the BPM ever being something that's imported from the GP files I've used, so I don't think changing the BPM there actually changes anything when you import it.

As for the problem you mention with DD, that's pretty weird. From what I understand, problems with DD often occur because the notes aren't beat synced, not because they are. Have you asked @@Chlipouni about it?

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

avdocatwork 

try lead and rhythm on The Beatles - Hey Jude

good song played Rhythm sounded good syncing looked good

played Lead had to play softer sounded a little loud on my set up

syncing looked good  

have to play it a few more times

e chord that you moved over to 3 fret or 4th sounded different like wrong chord 

maybe it me but all and all it was good 

i have another song for testing 

Shinedown - Cut The Cord  L,R,B& Lyrics

Lead and Rhythm are about the same no Rhythm guitar in that band 

but made it so Rhythm players can play it 

think Lead and Rhythm are good but still take feedback on them 

Bass is hand wrote so that needs tested by bass play 

so let me what you think and thanks for all the great songs

Thanks 

Cross 

or Rick

• Like 2

@@Crossbolt242

Thanks, Rick

Those wrong sounding chords are the ones I missed after adding the Capo in EOF and it pushed everything up 1 fret (what a pain) had to go through both paths and lower the chords 1 fret, but of course I missed some. Checked out Shinedown's - Cut The Cord on youTube looks like a fun song to play. I am glad the main riffs aren't so super fast and hopefully should be fairly easy to play along with. It should be interesting to see your choice of Guitar tone for that odd sounding lead intro riff.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@Crossbolt242

Hey Rick, great tune, never heard of this band or song, but I enjoyed playing it very much! Well done!! I would just punch the bass tone up 2 DB's not much more to say. Tone sounds great..

Jerry

• Like 1

@@A51Ripcord

Hi, Ripcord

Great work on your custom - Only got a chance to run through your Copperhead Road Customs Rhythm path once last evening. The songs volume level does need to be raised some. I have been using -2 in the tool-kits audio level if the original MP3 is fairly low or -4 if the Mp3 is really loud, then adjust Guitar tones to fit. I always say my customs are really set too loud but that's the way I like them, everyone has there own preference on audio levels depending on there Rocksmith and computers set up. On my setup I play with headphones on most of the time so it's gets pretty loud anyway. If my ears start bleeding I know I have the audio level set too high. :D I was trying to use the Mandolins strumming pattern on the Rhythm path, not sure if I was doing it right but it seemed to fit. Plan on playing it some more this evening and see if I can figure out the right strumming patterns.

Later, Terry

i have another song for testing 

Shinedown - Cut The Cord  L,R,B& Lyrics

Lead and Rhythm are about the same no Rhythm guitar in that band 

but made it so Rhythm players can play it 

think Lead and Rhythm are good but still take feedback on them 

Bass is hand wrote so that needs tested by bass play 

so let me what you think and thanks for all the great songs

Thanks 

Cross 

or Rick

Yes! will test this tonight..

Thanks for all the Advice Terry, and yes I noticed me doing the same thing on rhythm, it gets redundant after a minute and my A.D.D kicks in..I have one another Tab for this song (.gpx), just picked up GP6, already have GP5. Can I make the .gpx into a .gp5? so I can look at the arrangements and import them into my current EOF project? I haven't had the time to play around with it yet.

Thanks for all the Advice Terry, and yes I noticed me doing the same thing on rhythm, it gets redundant after a minute and my A.D.D kicks in..I have one another Tab for this song (.gpx), just picked up GP6, already have GP5. Can I make the .gpx into a .gp5? so I can look at the arrangements and import them into my current EOF project? I haven't had the time to play around with it yet.

Hi, Ripcord

I use a free version of TuxGuitar to convert .gpx to GP5. TuxGuitar has to have the gpx.jar plugin.

Later, Terry