New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@manchot66  @@jbroch

And this is what it looked like later that night.

http://i.imgur.com/gRNDuHi.jpg

The guy in back circled in red is the guy that made the GuitarPro file for The Beatles - Penny Lane tune I have been putting together  :D 

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Here is a list of tunes I am trying to have together and posted to CustomsForge Friday before Labor Day Weekend. Will probably have the test versions ready tomorrow, of the new ones.

The Beatles - Penny Lane - 1965 V4.0 - L, R, B & V - Finished Charting Lead Solo and simplified odd chords.
The Beatles - This Boy - 1965 V4.0 - L, R, B & V  - Updated and added DD.
The Beatles - Hey Jude - 1968 V3.5 - L, R, B & V  - Updated and added DD.
The Beatles - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - 1967 V3.5 - L, R, B & V  - Updated and added DD.
The Beach Boys - Wouldn’t It Be Nice - 1966 V3.5 - L, R, B & V  - Charting the Bass Line now.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

Going to post these to CustomsForge tomorrow. Here are the links if anyone wants to give them a try

The Beatles - Penny Lane - 1965 V3.5L, R, B & V - Finished Charting Lead Solo and simplified odd chords.
The Beatles - This Boy - 1965 V4.0L, R, B & V  - Updated and added DD.
The Beatles - Hey Jude - 1968 V3.5L, R, B & V  - Updated and added DD.
The Beatles - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - 1967 V3.5L, R, B & V  - Updated and added DD.

Yardbirds - Psycho Daisies - 1966 V3.5 L, R, B & V - New - Jeff Beck on Lead Guitar and Jimmy Page on Bass

Later, Terry

• Like 2

@@avdocatwork

Played the Jeff Beck tune, Pretty funny Jimi did that bass. hit 100% first run, not hard to do lol.. Great tune though, Beck sounds like the Jeff Beck I remember loving to listening too.. 

JB

@@avdocatwork

Hey, Terry,

Hey Jude lead  sounds like the tuning is off to me.  Or maybe it's supposed to use a capo on 1?  There's also a chord in there with a 1 to 7 fret spread that Ed "Too Tall" Jones would have a problem hitting (I remember his big mitts from Sports Illustrated).  The rhythm is good, no tuning issues which makes me think there's probably a capo on the lead.

Yardbirds - Psycho Daisy is a cool little tune.  The tone volumes are pretty low, probably need to go up a couple db at least.  There are some slides on the power chords in the 3rd section that need some tails on them.

Everything else looks good.

Getting back to some things that I started on a while back. All of them should now have lyrics and such, but I haven't yet tested them to check whether they're good.

Tones have been changed a little bit since I last posted them, but probably still need more work. Hopefully they're ready for release besides the tones.

The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown [LRBV]

The Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man [RBV] (open D tuning for guitar)

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean [LBV]

Thanks for any testing and advice you can offer.

@@avdocatwork - do any of the songs you posted still need bass testing?

Edit: Noticed a couple of things that I messed up. Didn't finish up sectioning Street Fighting Man, and in Billie Jean on bass I put in hand positions but then shifted where the main riff is played for comfort, so it now has a 2-9 hand position for most of the song. I'll fix these shortly. If you notice any other problems, let me know.

Edit 2: The things noted above should be fixed now.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

I hope the rest of the Americans had a good labor day weekend, and you Euros and others had a good time doing whatever crap you do at the end of summer  :D

Anyway, did any guitarists have a chance to check out any of the tunes I posted a few days back?

Also probably worth checking out the tuning on the Stones tracks for the people who have an ear for whether/how much things are tuned sharp or flat.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Taking a short break from charting tunes and playing a lot of guitar.  Energy levels have gotten really low lately.  Going to be trying some new medications in the next week or so that should help.  Need to have to have an MRI on my brain to check for tumors on the pituitary/hypothalmus.  On the road to figuring this thing out and hopefully getting it resolved.

@@albatross213

Will try to give your songs a play tonight and report back.

@@manchot66

Steve, man I am so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well brother. I certainly hope your med changes help with the energy and they find nothing of interest in your MRI's. 

Keep in touch and keep us informed! 

Jerry

• Like 2

Need to have to have an MRI on my brain to check for tumors on the pituitary/hypothalmus.  On the road to figuring this thing out and hopefully getting it resolved.

Oh no! I hope it's nothing that serious (and if it is, that you catch it early enough to kick it's ass)! Good luck!  :plus1:

• Like 1

@@manchot66

Also sorry to hear of your poor health, Steve. I have been taking it easy myself, the heat around here lately has really wore me out. Labor Day weekend's heat really took a lot out of me, I was outside most of the day and evenings, but it could have been worse, like a few years ago when it was a scorcher all summer long. Like in the phrase in the Yardbirds Tune, Psycho Daisies, I put together a week or so ago "Texas is fine but it gets too hot". I also saw the heat in your area was not all that pleasant, earlier last month.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

It's been in the high 80's with humidity usually above 60-70% all week.  Then this morning it was 59F and is supposed to be in the 60's for the next week.  Never could understand why anyone would choose to live here.  We've got hot, humid summers and cold, snowy winters.  It seems like Fall and Spring each last about two weeks here.  Got a roof over my head and food in my belly, so I shouldn't complain.

Thanks for all the well wishes, guys!

• Like 2

@@manchot66

That high humidity describes Houston, Texas too. I lived there a little over 10 years, Here around Dallas it gets hotter but not as humid for sure. Part of that front came through here the other day the temp. dropped from around 100 to the high 80's also, nice but it has started to heat up a bit now to the high 70's in the morning and high 90's later in the day.

Hope everything is going well for you, and all the news from the Doctors will only be Good News!

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@albatross213

Played the two Stones songs and Billie Jean.

19th Nervous Breakdown - The lead tone now is acoustic, but it should be kind of a twangy electric.  I've got a  Link Wray tone that might work for the lead.  The rhythm tone should be electric as well with a little tremolo.  Here's the two Link Wray tones w/ and w/o tremolo.  Charting looks good, but the acoustic tone was really soft, so hard to be really sure so far.

Street Fighting Man - The volume on the acoustic tone is really low.  I've gone as high as -35db with that tone if it's in a really loud song, but somewhere in the low 30's is probably where you want to be.  Again, charting looks good, but couldn't hear the tone in a lot of places.

Billie Jean (The Chair is not my Son) -  Tone volume needs to go up at least 1db, maybe 2.  Charting looks good.

Just a couple minor tone adjustments and you should be fine.  You can repost if you make changes and I'll give them another try to check volumes, etc.

Thanks again for the kind words.

• Like 1

@@manchot66 - Awesome, thanks for the feedback! I'll work on putting those suggestions into action tonight.

Anyway, since it seems I can count on you for useful feedback and haven't gotten any on the song yet, is there any chance that you can check out The Regulator by Clutch? 250+ downloads and I've asked three times but have heard jack sh*t back. Just the lead guitar path needs checking. Concerns are basically 

1) Tone volume and other characteristics (or if you can think a tone that would fit better than this one). It was from another Clutch custom, but its initial tone volume was edited to be so ridiculously low (-20 tone volume with EQ at -12 for low-mid, mid, and high-mid, and bass and treble also negative) that I have no idea whether I've adjusted the tone volume sufficiently (I've increased it about 18 dB between tone volume and EQing!)

2) Techniques. There are several places where there's a bend on a high string but not a low one, and other things like that. I think I've done it appropriately with tech notes, but it would be nice to have confirmation of that. Also, let me know if you think there are other places that should have arpeggios.

It's probably a pretty tricky song to play if you're note used to finger-picking, but a lot of these are things you'll probably be able to give good feedback on even if you're not able to play the hard parts.

Tuning is open D.

Thanks!

@@manchot66 - thanks!

I also put up new versions of the songs with your suggested changes here, if you want to check those out. I haven't updated the records yet in case you think there should be further adjustments.

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

You could always stop by and visit me here in Dallas, TX. Plano is less than 30 miles away. I will show you my Rocksmith set up, if you have some free time. And I do have a Bass also, I can set up two player again. I had two player set up over the Holidays when my Nephew stayed a few days. I will find out whats happening around Dallas and get back to you. 

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

I found a few things happening around here in Dallas, TX

The Gas Monkey Garage is 3.2 Miles from my house, you know the guys on the TV Show Fast N' Loud. Gas Monkey Garage,  2330 Merrell Road Dallas, TX

Gas Monkey Bar N Grill is 5.5 miles away from my house. At 10261 Technology Blvd. E  Dallas, TX

Thursday Oct. 1st - John Cortez Band - Free Entry - 07:00 pm - 10:00 pm - THE JOHN CORTEZ BAND IS A POWER OF THREE KEEPING ALIVE THE SOUNDS OF TEXAS BLUES ROCK. INFLUENCED BY MANY GREATS SUCH AS JIMI HENDRIX, STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN, CHRIS DUARTE, BB KING, ETC THE BAND WILL BRING 110% TO EVERY GIG REGARDLESS THE SIZE OF THE VENUE.

Friday Oct. 2nd. - Unknown Hinson - General Admission Ticket $16.00 - 7:00 pm. - Stuart Daniel Baker, better known by his stage name, Unknown Hinson, is a comedic country musician, songwriter, and voice actor. He is perhaps best known for his role as the voice of Early Cuyler on the Adult Swim cartoon series Squidbillies.

If I run across other things happening around Dallas, TX, I will let you know.

Later, Terry
  • Like 1