New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I think you will like it Steve. I have been getting close to jumping from the chords to the few single notes then back to the chords in the song. A real challenge but not too super hard. I plan on putting it in riff repeater and slowing it down some and getting the hang of it, I believe that will help me a lot getting it down better. It's a sweet tune for sure, I think. Next step planed is to make a Karaoke version of the tune also. I load up the original and the Karaoke versions and the +DD versions then run through them all, and next thing you know I am playing along with the customs at a really good pace.

Later, Terry

I am kicking Ass on my version of Twist And Shout now. I downloaded Bandicam and am learning how to use it, and will record my play-throughs if I can get that darn program figured out. and plan to make play-throughs of my test runs like Jerry has been doing - SWEET. Every video that I watch of his, makes me want to switch from the 6-string Guitar over to the Bass Guitar !

Later, Again

• Like 2

Hi everyone and big thanks to Avdocatwork for inviting me to join.

I'm currently working on a few customs, one of which is "Next To You" by The Police. I don't play guitar so I'll post my initial version here for you axe heroes to test. 

I'm really enjoying making customs, in fact I'm spending less time playing bass now and more time stuck behind EoF, Go PlayAnywhere and Guitar Pro! My main gripe is the quality of the tabs which are available. For instance, the tab I found for "Next To You" misses out chunks of the bass at the beginning. I'm reworking the Guitar Pro tab using my copy of "Police Complete" which ought to be the definitive tab. 

Another custom I have underway is "Moondance" by Van Morrison. Again I'm having problems finding a decent tab. The one I thought was ok turned out to be anything but when I played it in RS. 

Anyway, I'll sign off for the moment and when I have V1 of "Next To You", I'll put it up here for you all to have a look at.

All the best,
James

• Like 2

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

Another custom I have underway is "Moondance" by Van Morrison. Again I'm having problems finding a decent tab. The one I thought was ok turned out to be anything but when I played it in RS. 

Anyway, I'll sign off for the moment and when I have V1 of "Next To You", I'll put it up here for you all to have a look at.

All the best,

James

I've also been considering doing Van Morrison, but haven't yet for a similar reason. There's a songbook online that I'm thinking about getting, and I could try getting it and converting the score to tab. Might take some time, since I'm not good at reading music, though.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Hey @@albatross213, happy Birthday man  :gift:

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

All the best,

James

I've also been considering doing Van Morrison, but haven't yet for a similar reason. There's a songbook online that I'm thinking about getting, and I could try getting it and converting the score to tab. Might take some time, since I'm not good at reading music, though.

Happy Birthday @@albatross213!

I've had a look for the sheet music to Moondance but haven't had too much luck. I downloaded a pdf of a handwritten score this morning which I'll have a look. I used to play violin in the school orchestra about 30 years ago and when I tried to convert some sheet music into a tab in Guitar Pro, I realised just how much music theory I'd forgotten! I'll see what I can do but I have a nasty feeling this is going to be a "by ear" job!

• Like 3

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

Now that we are all awake :) Recorded the audio for this about a year ago, my first actual mixed play-through, so you could say this was the song that started all the nonsense, and blame it on John Entwistle

• Like 4

@@jbroch

Wow, Jerry You make playing the Bass look so easy. When I get on my Bass and start thumping away with my poor skills, I certainly struggle with it..

Hi, Guys

Finally got a break from the Heat here in North Central Texas, the last 4 or 5 weeks temp. has been around 100 to 107 degrees around here. Dropped to the 80's here a few hours ago. 

Well I got another Acoustic Beatles tune charted, The Beatles - Michelle - 1965 V3.5 - L, R. B and V -  If anyone wants to give it a try. I haven't played it yet will test run it in a few hours.

Later, Terry

@@albatross213 - Happy Birthday albatross.

@@JamesPrestonUK - Good to see you here James.

• Like 3

Welcome, @@JamesPrestonUK.

Happy belated current birthday @@albatross213.

@@avdocatwork

Norwegian Wood is a lot of fun to play.  Took me a little while to get that transition between chords down.  When I used that first fret G string finger as an anchor, it became a lot more manageable.   Like the tones and volumes.   I was thinking of how to recreate that sitar sound, but the tone you used sounds good, and I wouldn't know where to start to make a sitar tone anyway.  This will be a big hit with the Beatles fans.

Edit: albatross says, "As for sitar tones, there actually is an official one in Paint It Black."  Might want to check that out.

Michelle Ma Belle was not so easy.  With the Beatles, I'm always floored by how complex the guitar is when the song sounds so simple.  I guess that's their genius.  Volumes and tones are good.  The only thing I caught was in the lyrics.  Supposed to be "tres bien ensemble" with no a in "ensemble".  That's putting my seven years of French to good use.

• Like 2

Happy belated birthday @@albatross213.

Still got an hour and 20 minutes left. You're good!

As for sitar tones, there actually is an official one in Paint It Black. Remember that from when I was stealing tones from it earlier.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Morning all, here's Next To You as promised. The bass is ok so I'd really appreciate someone seeing if the guitar part works. Hopefully it'll be ok.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/va7xmehg4fi8x8u/Police-The_NextToYou_v1_p.psarc?dl=0

Terry, 

Thanks, but i feel the same way when i watch you 6 stringers do your thing :) I cant even begin to imagine how that all works... 

Here is your Michelle, Bass plays smooth and fine, no recommended changes on that end... This was after playing it once to figure out what Sir Paul is up too, hes a sneaky monkey....

https://youtu.be/xhXEChaFxDA

@@jbroch

Wow, Jerry You make playing the Bass look so easy. When I get on my Bass and start thumping away with my poor skills, I certainly struggle with it..

Hi, Guys

Finally got a break from the Heat here in North Central Texas, the last 4 or 5 weeks temp. has been around 100 to 107 degrees around here. Dropped to the 80's here a few hours ago. 

Well I got another Acoustic Beatles tune charted, The Beatles - Michelle - 1965 V3.5 - L, R. B and V -  If anyone wants to give it a try. I haven't played it yet will test run it in a few hours.

Later, Terry

@@albatross213 - Happy Birthday albatross.

@@JamesPrestonUK - Good to see you here James.

• Like 3

This is turning out to be great therapy for my fingers :) 

Blasted out the Beatles for Terry, and then recorded this Sabbath tune, just cause, hell its too awesome not too!!! Then some The Verve, and a Talking Heads tune I love, And she was.. But here's the Sabbath... 

You Six stringers guys need some Tony Iomi in your lives to get your blood moving ;) 

• Like 3

Hi, Jerry

Theirs nothing better in the morning to get motivated with, than to listen to some great Black Sabbath classics. Thanks for the Beatles play-throughs also.

Steve,

That Michelle tune was a trip to attempt for me also, I had to search around for my Capo, finally found it and got going on it and was surprised at how complex it really is on the Rhythm path. I agree with you on the Lead path being easier to play. I will look into that sitar tone and see how it will sound, and get that spelling corrected. I attempted a semester of French, dropped out half way through. I did better on the two semesters of Japanese, I took, It helped being in Japan at the time in the late 70's.

Later, Terry

• Like 2

Hi, Guys

EDIT: Ah Crap I didn't set the tuning to Eb - Will do that tomorrow and repack it again. This version is no good.

Edit Again: Oh what a mess, I got going on with this tune. I think the Lead and Bass are in E Standard tuning but the Rhythm Path is in Eb. 

I need one of you fantastic Bass players here in the CRC to try out the Bass line and give me some pointers. And let me know if the Bass line is truly in E, or a little lower tuning. I played through it on my Bass and it sounded close, I think, but could be a little out of tune. So I tuned my Bass to Eb and ran through it again and I know it's not Eb it sounded way worse than E. On the Lead Path it sounded to be pretty good tuning in E but most of the chords need to be simplified for sure. Looks like I got myself into a big mess on this tune.

Here we go again - I have yet another Acoustic Beatles tune charted, The Beatles - Yellow Submarine - 1966 V3.5 - L, R. B and V -  If anyone wants to give it a try. I haven't played it yet will test run it in a few hours.

I made the Rhythm Path easy Basic Guitar chords and made the Lead Paths Guitar doubling the Rhythm Path with advanced Barre Chords higher on the neck and the Solo is the Marching Band Riff arranged for Guitar.

Later, Terry

Thanks, but i feel the same way when i watch you 6 stringers do your thing :) I cant even begin to imagine how that all works...

@@jbroch

If you saw me play, you'd be even more confused.

@@avdocatwork

"Ichi, ni, san" is all the Japanese I learned from judo, unless I can work "o soto gari" into a conversation.

• Like 2

@@JamesPrestonUK

Hi, James

I listened to the Police tune on YouTube this afternoon, wasn't familiar with it but it sounds pretty good. Wow you sure are a busy one, Now I see you have 17 Customs charted.

Later, avdocatwork aka: Terry

@JamesPrestonUK

Hi, James

Played a Run--Through of the Rhythm Path of The Police tune, good work so far, audio levels very good, Rhythm Guitar tone sounds good to me. Sync right on. But a few things you need to check out on it, Riff repeater will only go up through 5 sections, from the beginning of the tune. it stops when the lead guitar comes in. I think you just need to finish sectioning it all in EOF. - Verse, Chorus, Solo, Outro, you know, it all has to be put in there. And the note highway ends before the end of the song, I figure you can just copy and past the ending section from earlier in the song. Great work dude, I can tell you will be an Elite Charter in no time at all.

Later, avdocatwork aka: Terry

@@JamesPrestonUK

Played Next to You.  Song volume is a little low.  Tone is a bit soft and needs a tad more distortion.  I unpacked the song, turned the song volume up to -5db and added a little volume and distortion to the default tone you were using and it sounds nice.  Here's the tone I used: Next to You Rhythm tone.

As Avdoc said, there are some chords missing from the end of the song, just repeating the D5 and E over and over, easy fix. 

With the sections not working in Riff Repeater, it's most likely because the measure you placed that section in might not have any notes in it, or the notes are in the second half of the measure.  For some reason, this causes Rocksmith to think there's nothing in those sections and won't let you access them.  Try to place them on the first beat of a measure that has a note on it, or you can use a 2/4, 3/4, or 5/4 measure to get the note on the first beat.  For example, if you do a 3/4 measure for you section, then do your next measure as 5/4 to balance out your 4/4 time over two measures, then go back to 4/4.  I've had to do that a bunch of times.

Just curious, was there a lead with the slide parts in the tab?

Like your Ferrari pics on your website.  Are you a motorsports fan?  Would love to do a vacation and visit Silverstone, Snetterton, Oulton, Donnington, Rockingham, Brands Hatch, etc.  Wish I could still get BTCC races.  That was my favorite series out of them all.

• Like 2

@advocatwork and @manchott66 - many thanks for the feedback. It looks like I've still got a lot to learn! Thanks for the tone, I'll drop that in later today. I do feel very mean asking you guys to try out guitar parts which I have no ability to test. Something tells me that I'll be on the look out for a six string before too long..... ;-)

All the best,

James

• Like 2

It's finally here, whoo:

http://i.imgur.com/4e73Xf7l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mNz0j0Ul.jpg

...and look a the size of that thing. I could kill someone with that if I wanted to. :D

More importantly, the tabs look fantastic. The tab for "Franklin's Tower" i.e. looks almost as good as the one I made myself from multi-tracks and is definitely not the same used by the other song book I own. It also has fully tabbed out rhythm parts which is always appreciated and it definitely has a great and sizable selection of songs. I'm gonna enjoy working with that, I'm sure.

As I said before, let me know if you are interested in anything contained in that song book which I don't necessarily want to keep for myself. ;)

• Like 3