New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I bet the Unknown Hinson guy puts on a funny show, I haven't really heard of him before. The John Cortez Band  sounds like it's right up my alley, I told my wife about it and she is all in for going and finally seeing the Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill along with me seeing it for the first time also. Heard on the news they got caught watering down the Booze recently and replacing the expensive Hard liquor with a cheaper brand. But I just drink Beer, they can't mess with it, I think, in the cans and bottles, now the draft would be a different story.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

Happy to announce we have another Member joining us here at the Classic Rock Coalition, @LaceyB. It looks like LaceyB is a Bass and 6-String Guitar player. And she (pretty Sure but not positive)  has 27 Customs posted on CustomsForge. I think everybody has seen LaceyB here on CustomsForge ever since we've been here, when CustomsForge started up. I don't know if LaceyB was at SmithyAnvil or not, before here. So Welcome  LaceyB to the Classic Rock Coalition Social Group.

Later, avdocatwork - aka: Terry

We now have 95 - Members and Guests at the Classic Rock Coalition - 18 Members and 77 Guests. Need to have a Party when it hits 100 soon.

• Like 2

Terry,

Wow thanks for digging up all the happenings, but to be honest, hanging out with you and jamming together sounds like the most fun thing to do for me. 

I will have a Rental car and I am about 30 Mins away from Dallas. so that's not too shabby. Hell maybe we can get your wife to shoot video of us rocking out LOL 

Jerry

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

You could always stop by and visit me here in Dallas, TX. Plano is less than 30 miles away. I will show you my Rocksmith set up, if you have some free time. And I do have a Bass also, I can set up two player again. I had two player set up over the Holidays when my Nephew stayed a few days. I will find out whats happening around Dallas and get back to you. 

Later, Terry

• Like 2

So I may have done a very smart thing, or a very dumb thing. Found a Fender Made in Mexico Pbass for $100 at a pawn shop. Says the truss rod needs work and its road used and weary. But hell its s MIM Fender for $100 even if i have to toss some money at it could be a great bargain. 

Its shipping to me this week. 

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

Last year I found a Fender Squire Precision Bass, a Fallout Boy Pete Winch design, pretty sure it's a mexico or Korean, but not positive. For right at $100.00 on sale at Circuit City - I think - of all places. I do like it but I am no Bass expert. Bought it for my wife and tried to get her on RockSmith with me, but no luck she hasn't even touched it.  :D And pretty sure she never will, but hey I like playing it.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi Terry,  

My current primary bass is a Fender Squire PJ, (Has both Progressive and Jazz Pickups with a Jazz Neck) I love the thing, paid $150.00 for it.  I also have a POS no name Pbass I hate :(  pickups are ass and the thing sounds like it.. 

This Fender Made In Mexico (MIM) is (when Restored) in the ballpark of 600-800 on the used Fender scene. Fender Made in America(MIA) go for anywhere between 1200-2000. Depends on condition and year.  

Fender started shipping work to Mexico from California, and the craftsmanship was superb. They then wanted to try and speed up production and cut costs and allow for an new Series of guitars, and started the Squire Line. This started in Japan, moved to Taiwan briefly then Indonesia. Along the way craftsmanship, wood types and pickups all took a back seat to mass produced entry level gear. 

All that being said I love my PJ, and will never part with it. And I do believe the old add age that its not the quality of the arrow its the Indian behind the Bow that matters most ;) 

Jerry

• Like 1

Hi Folks, 

The Fender got here today and its no where in as bad as shape as these guys said. Its a 2003 MIM Fender PBass, and surely needs Truss work. Got calls out already to see what I'll get hammered on for that :) 

Tuned it up and played it for a bit , bad neck and all and MAN does this baby growl!!! 

Stay tuned :) Yes all puns intended... 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8uuaxjrla2xwx3g/AABjtKvXasj4l6sRcS5qfZ4za?dl=0

• Like 1

Hi, Jerry

That pic of the side view of that neck, gave me the chills. Hope it can be fixed up without too much trouble. I will have to take some Pics. of my Guitars and Bass and post them here. Looking forward to your visit here in Texas soon.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

should be ok, truss rods not adjusted cause the bolts stripped, maybe snapped, a new necks ony 199.00 so its still a good deal so far, the pickups are sound so thats a bonus...haveing a local repair guy give it a look.

Thinking we should jam monday or tuesday whichever is better for you ?

Jerry

Hi, Jerry

Ready to jam any time you have free time. Here's a pic of most of my Guitars. They all need a good cleaning - Pretty Dusty.

Later, Terry

http://i.imgur.com/Xwif6Rz.jpg

Click On Pic for Bigger Image

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

I got my digital camera fired up and tested out, and also started on a list of tunes. I think we should make videos of us playing a set of CRC Members Customs.

LaceyB's Customs

Little River Band - Help Is on Its Way
Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile

Jerry's - jbroch Customs

Blue Oyster Cult - Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll

Steve's - manchot66 Customs

Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes

Free - Mr. Big

(Mine) Terry's - avdocatwork Customs

Bob Marley and the Wailers - Buffalo Soldier
The Beach Boys - Kokomo
The Beatles - Twist And Shout (Avdocatwork Ver.)
ZZ Top - Rough Boy

Will add more later, if anyone has CRC Members Customs suggestions for us to make a play-through video of let me know?

Later, Terry
  • Like 1

@[member=avdocatwork]

Love this idea!!! 

Would love to add Steve's Mister Big,

Maybe Cities on flame from my end..  

This is going to be a blast!!!

Jerry

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

I got my digital camera fired up and tested out, and also started on a list of tunes. I think we should make videos of us playing a set of CRC Members Customs.

Steve's - manchot66

Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes

(Mine) Terry's - avdocatwork

Bob Marley and the Wailers - Buffalo Soldier
The Beach Boys - Kokomo
The Beatles - Twist And Shout (Avdocatwork Ver.)
ZZ Top - Rough Boy

Will add more later, if anyone has CRC Members Customs suggestions for us to make a play-through video of let me know?

Later, Terry

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

Got your phone text, I am just not a big phone texter. Well here's a pic of my Guitar straps and a couple little amps that we can hook up to improve the sound quality while we are playin' and filmin'. I have been working on the songs on the list and improving on the selected customs. But I also have a list of Rocksmith Tunes I have Mastered over the past few years, would take a little practice to get them Mastered again.

Bring your real tone cable in case my extra one is bad - (Yours as a back up just in case). Bring your fav. Guitar strap if you want. Other than that I think I got everything else covered. Bring your flash drives, Laptop and SD cards if you got them to transfer the videos too, or I can just get them to you on the cloud easy enough.

Later, Terry

http://i.imgur.com/2gVYzgS.jpg

• Like 1

Hey man thats great I will bring the Cable looks like you have everything we need. As for the current set list all I ask is that we play all the E-Standard stuff first then do the one song that needs a change. For some reason I don't think the game re-tunes right after leaving a non standard song.  

Looking forward to hitting the ground Monday afternoon 

Jerry

• Like 1

Hello all been gone for awhile 

Wife went to day shift full time so had to get another car

Son wrecked his car still at home but he was ok had to get another car for him

so from car shopping and hang out with wife been busy

so now thing are slowing back down

have sometime to finish some songs

little heavy but fun songs

need some testing 

Hellyeah - Moth 2L,R,&Lyrics

Hellyeah - Alcohaulin' Ass 2L,R,B,&Lyrics

Godsmack - The Enemy L,R,&Bass

Thanks Cross

@@Crossbolt242

Hi, Crossbolt

I checked out the tunes on youtube great songs all three, I know Godsmack, but Hellyeah i was not familiar with, after watching there two videos, I like what these guys are doing for sure. I am for sure going to give them a try this evening. Glad to hear your son's OK, 

Later, Terry

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

I honestly say it is a real pleasure having you stop by and hanging out here in Dallas and jammin' on the great customs that you and the other members of the CRC and others at CustomsForge have painstakingly (what a word but does fit) put together and made available for all of us here at CustomsForge to play. Hope you can get back over here to video a few tunes, Thursday, but feel free to stop by anytime you like.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

@@avdocatwork

Terry, I would love nothing more than do just that! Much as feared and explained last night I was up at 5am this morning, will be again tomorrow ,Thursday and Friday, and just now got the work i had to do to cover for my MIA coworker. I sadly think tomorrow and Thursday will be no different. As luck would have it,(And although I'm 50% Irish,the french half seems to win out) the weather cats are tracking a tropical storm rolling out of the Bahamas and may strike the east coast fri/sat... so Yea... loads of fun ahead. But like i said I may be back in December, and should that happen I will for sure come by and lay down some tracks with ya!!!

All my thanks!!!

Jerry

@@jbroch

Hi, Jerry

Hate to see the work load hitting you all at the same time. I really enjoyed your visit and hope you can stop by in the future. My door will always be open for you, dude. 

Later, Terry

@@Crossbolt242

Hi, Crossbolt

Great tunes Crossbolt, the shredders on CF are going to love these tunes  I did get a chance to run through your customs last night, Great work Man, I really liked the Guitar tones you used on them.

Hellyeah - Moth - This one is pretty though to play, but it looks like the sync is pretty good.

Hellyeah - Alcohaulin' Ass - Really liked playin' this one - sounded real good to me. Not super difficult to play once you get the strumming pattern down.

Godsmack - The Enemy - Love the beat and changes on this one but it was real tough for me to keep up with - The sync was there as far as I could tell with my fingers flyin' at 100 MPH.

I also put in Godsmacks Beatles cover come Together in the set. I can keep up with it.

Later, Terry

• Like 1