New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

Hi, Guys

Just a note to let you guys know what I have been up to lately. I truly think I got the car fixed, no more coolant leaks detected, and I am pretty sure the head gasket isn't blown. It was pure hell out in the 100+ heat working on the nightmare. I have been having fun lately messing around with making Karaoke versions of some tunes, they are really helping me attempt to sing along with my guitar playing. Something I have always wanted to do but never had the guts to attempt it. Now I can not only butcher the Guitar playing, I can also butcher the vocal track with my singing :lol:.

Later, Terry

I put all the Customs I have been playin' around with at the - * Custom Preview Area 

• Like 1

It's been a while since I first posted those Stones projects. Still am not done with most of them, but I made some progress with Under My Thumb. Lead path is now tabbed, and new tones are being used. I'd like to release this in two days (really, <71 hours from now), so it would be great if any of the guitarists here could test it before then. Thanks!

New version of "Under My Thumb" download

I also tried making a version of Billie Jean with the guitar part. If you can test that out, that would also be cool.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

If any bassists have a free moment, I've got the bass done for After the Fire's Der Kommissar.  Had to tab it out by ear mostly, so it's either right on or way off.  It's a synth bass in the song, but I cannot recreate that sound with the Rocksmith stuff.  I tried every amp/pedal/setting I could and didn't find anything similar in my dlc folder which has a few hundred songs in it.  Plus, I think even with the bass emulator, I still can't get the deep sound of thick strings with a guitar.  I just went with my regular bass tone.  Still working on the lead, but the bass is more fun to play.

After the Fire - Der Kommissar (Bass)

Thanks.

• Like 1

@@albatross213

Will give them a play-through this evening also, albatross213. Are both of those customs with or without DD? I would rather play the non DD versions, I have played someone else's ver. of MJ - Billie Jean long ago.

Later, Terry

Will give them a play-through this evening also, albatross213. Are both of those customs with or without DD? I would rather play the non DD versions, I have played someone else's ver. of MJ - Billie Jean long ago.

Later, Terry

Usually I don't bother making DD versions of songs for previews, so they are non-DD for the moment, which sounds like it's OK with you.

If you think it would be a good idea, I could try making DD versions for previews in the future for some songs. I might be asking too much by expecting DDC to work well without testing.

Also, I might have a new version of Under My Thumb soon. I don't think there will be any major changes on guitar, though.

• Like 1

New version of Under My Thumb is up. Revamped bass tab, changed tuning to A442 (marimba tuning), in case that's closer to the actual tuning (some other people thought the pitch was slightly off, but I'm not sure by how much).

Edit: some indications on UG comments that the song is actually tuned a half step down. So I made some lazy man's versions for that.

v1.11: A417 tuning (lazy man's way of tuning to Eb concert/marimba pitch)

v1.12: A415.3 tuning (lazy man's way of tuning to Eb)

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 1

@@albatross213

Hi, albatross

Yeah on under my thumb most chords sounded right but a few seemed out of key a bit. Guitar tone and songs volume level are pretty good, playing through my rocksmith set up. I will get to the other versions tomorrow and let you know what I think of your tuning changes. But I am no expert on judging different keys and tuning, but I have run into the same problem with some of my customs and just try to get them as close as I can.

On MJ - Billie Jean, songs volume needs to be dropped a few notches, the musics volume level is really high playing through my rocksmith set up. Guitar tone is not bad kind of plain sounding, but keep searching for a better one. I have no idea what kind of effects the Guitarist is using, I haven't charted any MJ tunes.

Later, Terry

@@albatross213

Sorry, took so long to get back, having trouble staying awake. 

On the Stones tune, the lead track and tab were off by about a second or so for me.  I didn't see you or anybody mention anything about it, so I don't know if it's just me.  That may be why Avdoc's saying it sounds out of tune.  I thought the same thing til I realized the chart was off.

On Billie Jean, the tone is really soft compared to the song volume.  Might want to try to use a tone with more drive for the solos to get that good finger muted "chugga chugga" sound that repeats over and over.

• Like 1

@@albatross213

Played the latest version and everything was lined up.  Tuning sounds like it's correct.

Had me worried for a bit there! I spent waaay too much time on that guitar part for it to have been out of sync by a second. Unless it was something stupid like I changed the amount of leading silence for the song but forgot to make a new .wem, which is something I've done before (but hopefully only once!).

For you and @@avdocatwork, for Billie Jean, was it that the song volume was too loud, the tone volume was too quiet (looking at the tone volume, that seems likely), or a combination of the two? Either way, since I don't have a guitar and any adjustments I'd make would be firing shots off into the dark, would it be possible for you guys to import the package and adjust the volumes, then inform me of the settings that you like? Seems like that would be the easiest way to do it, but you could also try to let me know roughly how many dB to adjust things.

Yep you can certainly punch it up a DB or two, but not much more than that ... Ill retest it for you if you do .. 

Jerry

@@jbroch

Do you think the bass volume needs to go up at all?  Doesn't sound very loud in the video.

Thanks again.

• Like 2

Hey Bud, Bass is awesome, but blocked in US and Canada on screwtube....

New version of Under My Thumb is up. Revamped bass tab, changed tuning to A442 (marimba tuning), in case that's closer to the actual tuning (some other people thought the pitch was slightly off, but I'm not sure by how much).

Edit: some indications on UG comments that the song is actually tuned a half step down. So I made some lazy man's versions for that.

v1.11: A417 tuning (lazy man's way of tuning to Eb concert/marimba pitch)

v1.12: A415.3 tuning (lazy man's way of tuning to Eb)

• Like 3

@@albatross213

Hi, albatross

Played The Rolling-Stones_Under-My-Thumb_v1_11 I liked the lead path sounded good on my set-up. On the Rhythm path I didn't care much for the Guitar tone, Too muffled sounding. Key and tuning sounds real close to me and sync is pretty good as far as I can tell. Will get to Ver. Rolling-Stones_Under-My-Thumb_v1_12 tomorrow.

Later, Terry

OK, Guys

I have a new one, No one has charted this one for RockSmith 2014. I call it the EZ-Guitar Version of The Beatles - Norwegian Wood. And I think it is really turning out great so far. Maybe later I will chart the advanced version with the Capo's on the Guitars and combine all the 3 Guitars into combo's, but it will certainly be a massive undertaking, If I decide to put a lot of time into it and get it going on, but this version sounds good enough to me for now. I gave the Lead and Rhythm paths a run-through and I really like the way it is sounding so far, this is my first version of it. So let me know what you guys think of it so far. The Beatles - Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) - 1965 V3.5 - L, R. B and V

Later, Terry

• Like 1