New area for Members only Forum - In Testing

avdocatwork

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

that needs capo on 3rd fret in standard tuning.. but like Aludog said, makes no sense to tune up and use capo.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@Aludog @

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I had the capo on the third fret to start with, with standard tuning. Saw 3 or 4 different ways in GP and sheet music, I don't know why. I think I will make a version with standard tuning and capo 3rd fret with the charting I have and see if I can hear a difference. And I saw a video of Steve Miller Band playing Jet Airliner and none of the Guitars had a capo at all, that I could see on the Guitars.

Later, Terry

@Aludog @frippchen

Hi, All

Well, I did make an alternate version of The Steve Miller Band Jet Airliner in E Standard tuning and capo on 3rd fret and I sure could hear a difference. Plan to stick with the F Tuning and Capo 2nd Fret sounds a whole lot better to me, even though the tuning is inconvenient. Never would have thought there would be a deference in the Guitar tones but to me I can tell a difference. In EOF when I changed its tuning It did say some of the notes would be affected with the tuning change and I had a choice of yes or no to have EOF to correct them and I said no to it. I don't know if that would have made a difference if I said yes to it. I have had enough of messing with this song but I have gotten a lot better at playing it for sure.

Here are the two versions, if anyone wants to go through the hassle of the Guitar re-tuning to compair.

The Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner V4.0 F Tuning Capo 2nd Fret.

The Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner E Tuning Capo 3rd Fret.

They both can be put into RockSmith without crashing.

Later, Terry

In EOF when I changed its tuning It did say some of the notes would be affected with the tuning change and I had a choice of yes or no to have EOF to correct them and I said no to it.

I forget how things with capos are handled in EoF, but I think this is a no-no. I won't be able to check for a few hours (well, I might be able to do CDLC 2 Tab), but were the hand positions relative to the capo the same for both tunings? If not, then the E std version would be in the wrong key.

Also, if you want to compare the two in quick succession, you won't actually have to retune from E. For the F one, you can just play notes on the first fret before the capo, then place the capo on the third. The E and F ones should then sound identical. If they don't, then the E is in the wrong key.

As for whether the same notes played with different string tensions can sound different: they will, but only very slightly, and for a half step change it should be something you have to pay a decent amount of attention (and probably have a good ear) to notice. Strings at different tensions will feel somewhat differently (for both picking and fretting) and vibrate somewhat differently.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@albatross213

Hi, and thanks, albatross

The capo change from the 2nd fret to the 3rd fret pushed all the notes 1 fret higher. The notes and chords seem to be in there right place but just does not sound as good as the original charting set up in F tuning and Capo 2nd Fret.

Later, Terry

@@avdocatwork

Hi Terry, 

Hope all is well in your home and you're all looking forward to the upcoming holidays! Give my best to the girls ! Yea they are keeping me jumping, just wrapped up 3 weeks on the road and have been home since Friday night, finished up the costume for this convention on Sat-Sun. http://www.supermegafest.com/Figured it was fitting to blast out that tune wearing the getup lol 

Jerry

• Like 1

@@jbroch

Looks like great fun Jerry. All I got lined up is a Willie Nelson concert at Billy Bobs Honky-Tonk in Fort Worth TX - Nov. 28th for the wife's birthday. You can't go wrong with a Willie concert, I'm not opposed to some Country Music every now and then.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I have always wanted to chart a KISS custom, Well finally did one if any one wants to give it a try. I think all you Bass players will dig the Bass line in this tune. I had a lot of fun playing the Lead and Rhythm Paths for sure. This one is off there first album KISS - 1974. Working on Deuce also. It is harder to play than this one for sure.

KISS Firehouse V3.5  L, R, B & V

I saw KISS in concert in 1978 at the Budokan in Tokyo, Japan. Awesome show as far as I can remember.

Later, Terry

@@manchot66

Hi, Steve

I have seen the weather on TV and saw you guys in IL have just gotten a lot of snow. Hope everything's OK in your area. Just starting to get a little cold here in Dallas, TX only dropping to about 32 degrees over night.

Later, Terry

Hi, Everyone

On the KISS - Firehouse custom I have added multi-Tracks, a Play-Along Version like Karaoke and a Backing Track version with a Bass and drum track and a little Rhythm Guitar, besides the standard custom version. All versions with or without DD are at the main Link:

KISS Firehouse - 1974 V3.5  L, R, B & V

Later, Terry

• Like 1

So I hear with the new Toolkit update you do not have to use Wwise anymore, anyone know the process or steps for this?

First time hearing of this, It would be an excellent addition to the Toolkit for sure. Wwise is a bit of a pain to have to go through.

So I hear with the new Toolkit update you do not have to use Wwise anymore, anyone know the process or steps for this?

Been like that for... at least a few months, though for a while it was kind of buggy (preview audio was sped up). So long as you have Wwise installed and you point the toolkit to guitar.ogg (you don't even need to make a .wav anymore! You can use the .wav instead if you prefer, though.) when you add the audio file, the Toolkit should take care of the rest. It takes a bit of time, but it's pretty much entirely automated and much less annoying than using Wwise.

• Like 3

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Been like that for... at least a few months, though for a while it was kind of buggy (preview audio was sped up). So long as you have Wwise installed and you point the toolkit to guitar.ogg (you don't even need to make a .wav anymore! You can use the .wav instead if you prefer, though.) when you add the audio file, the Toolkit should take care of the rest. It takes a bit of time, but it's pretty much entirely automated and much less annoying than using Wwise.

Been using it for about half a year now, I guess. The stable version of the toolkit didn't change for a long time while the beta version was constantly worked on, so thats probably why some of you didn't realize what's been happening. Time to catch up, I say. :D

• Like 1

@

Hi, LaceyB

Sounds like a great idea to me, There are probably tons of shortcuts, that have been around, that I haven't even heard about yet. I don't do a lot of roaming around in CustomsForge. I think this old dog could certainly use a few new tricks, for sure.

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

The wife and I riding the bull at Billy Bob's Honky-Tonk (the worlds largest) in Fort Worth, Texas, Just before the Willie Nelson concert, on 11/28/2015. Had a blast and had many Beers Too!

Later, Terry

• Like 4

Hi, All Classic Rock Coalition Members

I had an idea today, Why don't we all get together and make a Classic Rock Coalition Christmas Album. We can record and combine all of us playing all the instruments and chart multi-track versions of some Christmas Song customs. I figured it would be easier to start off with E-Z Guitar versions for beginning guitarists getting RockSmith for Christmas. Might want to play some simple Customs if they find CustomsForge.

Plan on making the Rhythm Path even simpler with straight chords and not alternating chords and Bass note hit, also looking for a better Guitar tone to start off with.

The first one if anyone is up for it is:

The Classic Rock Coalition - Away In A Manger - 2015 V1.0 L, R & V

I want to play the Lead Path on this one.

Need volunteers for:

Rhythm Guitar

Bass Guitar, and also Chart a Bass Path

Vocalist to sing the song, I might be able to get my daughters to sing it if no volunteer.

And any other instrument anyone one wants to add like Keyboards, piano Flute anything even tambourine  or bells maybe, just record yourself playing along with the tune and put a MP3 in a folder in the package. Then we can combine all the audio tracks.

The CDLC files are Here:

It still needs a Bass line if there is one for the song. anybody want to chart it let me know.

The other tunes I have started on are:

Jingle Bells

Silver Bells

Silent Night

The First Noël

Add one your self if you want to. Let me know if anyone is interested in doing it.

Later, Terry

• Like 1

Hi, Guys

I have 2 versions of Silent Night an E-Z Guitar and an advanced Guitar ver. almost set up and they look really nice so far. I checked out LaceyB's version of the Bass line but it didn't seem to fit with either version, so I used a nice GuitarPRO Bass line that looks real good. On the audio track I used audiocity to triple the basic audio track to build on. I have started to use an online program called LRC Generator to make the Vocal track by making a LRC file that can be easily imported into EOF. The next thing I need to figure out is how to record my guitar playing and not have the background track in the recoarding mix, Anybody got any ideas on how to do it? Figure I will just mic. my practice amp and record the audio on my laptop.

Later, Terry

Hi, Again

I am planing to set up a separate Members type forum tomorrow for the Classic Rock Coalition Christmas Album work. Set up a spot for Full-Members only - interested in producing a real EAlbum is that a word? I don't know what they call a homemade album that can be released online.

Anyone up to colabarating and writing an original Christmas song and adding it to the CRC Album. Who knows it may turn into a classic Christmas tune in the future and everyone will be credited with writing a song.

I was thinking of one called Santa brought me a Lexus this year. :D

Later, Terry

Hi,

Well I made the advanced Guitar ver. of Silent Night seems like I have the tuning wrong or something. I didn't play the Bass path. The lead and Rhythm paths don't sound right. O-Well. 

Here is the first attempt at it if anyone wants to check it out.

CRC - Silent Night V1.0

Later, Terry

Hi, Guys

​  Still looking for a Bass player to complete the line up for the first Classic Rock Coalition Christmas Album song - Away In A Manger - Acoustic and Electric Guitar versions.

Here are the volunteers so far:

Lead Guitar: - avdocatwork

Rhythm Guitar: - A51Ripcord

Bass Guitar: - OPEN

Vocals: - avdocatwork's Daughters.

Go to the following page for more information:

CRC - Away In A Manger CDLC Project

I have the two new versions of Away In A Manger Complete One Electric Guitars the other Acoustic Guitars Versions - The Lead Path is fixed and completed. The Rhythm Path is completed. Now all we need is a Bass player to volunteer to record and play the Bass Path.

Here are links to all the material

CRC - Away In A Manger - EZ Acoustic Ver Files

CRC - Away In A Manger - EZ Acoustic Ver 1.5 L, R, B & V

CRC - Away In A Manger - EZ Electric Ver

CRC - Away In A Manger - EZ Electric Ver 1.5 L, R, B & V

Later, Terry