Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 81

Just wanted to let you know I've made my own version of Little Green Bag, from the scratch. I didn't like the actual cdlc (it has slight sync issues and at least bass path isn't accurate) hence I couldn't enjoy it :D. 

I'll leave link below and in case you wanna try it, I'd like to hear what you think! Bass has been mostly made from the scratch and guitar (combo - lead + rythm) been ripped from a gpfile.

Bernixix's DD Version NDD Version

• Like 5

Just wanted to let you know I've made my own version of Little Green Bag, from the scratch. I didn't like the actual cdlc (it has slight sync issues and at least bass path isn't accurate) hence I couldn't enjoy it :D. 

I'll leave link below and in case you wanna try it, I'd like to hear what you think! Bass has been mostly made from the scratch and guitar (combo - lead + rythm) been ripped from a gpfile.

Bernixix's DD Version NDD Version

Downloaded, thanks.  I'll give it one shot before going to bed.

BTW, What time is it in Spain?  4AM??

• Like 2

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

I had the time to run through it once and only once in RR at 60% speed.  I had half the errors that I would have had with the original version even after dozens of attempts.  So it is playable for me, but I'm not a good enough musician to comment on its' fidelity to the original recording.  We may have lost a lot of the nuances that were causing me troubles.

And the Raptors failed big time in the first round, so I'm not watching.

• Like 2

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

@@then3verend - If you'd beaten me by any more I'd have probably just conceded. But beating me by a single note... It's pretty unlikely I'll do better, but I at least have to try.

@@PierreDole - Welcome! That sounds right. As bernixix said, you can also post screenshots for songs outside of your class if you want to.

@@bernixix - I hope you got some sleep!

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@bernixix I was watching NBA games at 2 a.m. when I was still going to University :lol: I did not cared if I have to wake early when it was playoff's time. Though since Rose injury I could not get back into it. And now I'm too tired to stay couple of hours longer (lately it's ~1 a.m. for me to go to sleep), but I have full game recap at 9 a.m. in TV, so it's not like I'm missing anything :lol:

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

MasterClass Bass - 95.33%, 249 streak

First time in RR, it payed off. It's still to difficult for me, but one day!

• Like 5

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

man my head is pickled, over a week with no practice and a messed head from study.

Had a go at little green bag lead.... 55% lmao 16 streak :) 

Champion material right there  :lol:

Think I'll give a few goes on the bass path, never heard the song before but it seems to have a funky beat :)

Failing that I'll go back to practising Parisienne Walkways :)

@@Kaijin any news on still got the blues?

I setted new 1th string, 10`, and put to slot graphite, between strings and top nut (for more good bends):

http://i.imgur.com/x0mW9Cj.jpg

And of course that is main, yesterday`s the practice with heavy gauge strings, benefited to me, there my updated score:

http://i.imgur.com/gqQGstv.jpg

• Like 9

@ what gauge strings are you using? I've tried with .09s .10s and its always the same. are you using .11s or .12s? If thats the case it seems unreasonable for anyone to have to switch the gauge of strings just to be able to get the bends to register for RS. I guess I could try a set of .11s or .12s and put them on one of my guitars but that would require a complete setup of the guitar and getting the nut and neck setup for those string gauges. Man that would be a lot of work in my opinion. I guess I could always just play it through the amp and actually hear everything played correctly without RS telling me they aren't. 

Also what pickups and model guitar are you using that allowed you to get that score? That is an amazing score and one that I know there is no way I can reach with my current setup. I would be interested to see some of the 'MC" players take a stab at the Advanced song to see what scores they could get because if its player error I want to see more people scoring over 90% without having issues with the bends. We have a lot of MC lead players that should be able to do this and I would love to see that. 

• Like 4

This score i got today at Gibson LPJ, custom kit of strings (choices for himself by tension), but first is new string -10. Pickups EMG81+89, of corse i all tuned in guitar, action, intonation (for 1 str bit flat, but at 12 fret still yet perfect), , tuning, gain cable +3 and equalizer between RS cable and guitar (up 1 and 2kHz and cut all<500), and a bit polish fretboard "Ultimate lemon oil" (much easy make bends :) ) And yet there was big luck with catching beat at fast solo.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

last score today, my hands need a rest

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150514/qu2v3sqr.jpg

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

It's going well, should be only a couple of days until 1st release... haven't worked on it for the last 2 days, that's why it's a little "behind" schedule.

@ what gauge strings are you using? I've tried with .09s .10s and its always the same. are you using .11s or .12s? If thats the case it seems unreasonable for anyone to have to switch the gauge of strings just to be able to get the bends to register for RS. I guess I could try a set of .11s or .12s and put them on one of my guitars but that would require a complete setup of the guitar and getting the nut and neck setup for those string gauges. Man that would be a lot of work in my opinion. I guess I could always just play it through the amp and actually hear everything played correctly without RS telling me they aren't. 

Also what pickups and model guitar are you using that allowed you to get that score? That is an amazing score and one that I know there is no way I can reach with my current setup. I would be interested to see some of the 'MC" players take a stab at the Advanced song to see what scores they could get because if its player error I want to see more people scoring over 90% without having issues with the bends. We have a lot of MC lead players that should be able to do this and I would love to see that. 

I'm using .010's, like I've always used. I'm getting many more bends registering on the high e, I haven't got a score higher than 91.77% because I keep screwing up on the rest of the song, while the sections that I had most misses, now I get a lot registering.

Tonight I played 2 runs, 1st with 90.24%, 2nd with 91.17%.... if I play it a few more times without missing the notes that I should be playing correctly, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get close to @.

I really don't think the string gauge matters for the registration of the bends in question, or even the guitar pickups... my S520 has the factory pickups, some passive Ibanez pickups called INF1 and INF2, I know that most of your guitars have much better pickups than mine, most of them are active pickups, not to mention the EMG's :D

Have you tried to change the pitch of the high e after the tuner @@Joey?

That's how I got the bends registering much more than before, after the tuner I just release a little tension on the fine-tuner of the floyd and that's it, the open string, below and above fret 15, as long as I play the note/bend correctly, it registers.

It's going well, should be only a couple of days until 1st release... haven't worked on it for the last 2 days, that's why it's a little "behind" schedule.

I'm using .010's, like I've always used. I'm getting many more bends registering on the high e, I haven't got a score higher than 91.77% because I keep screwing up on the rest of the song, while the sections that I had most misses, now I get a lot registering.

Tonight I played 2 runs, 1st with 90.24%, 2nd with 91.17%.... if I play it a few more times without missing the notes that I should be playing correctly, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get close to @.

I really don't think the string gauge matters for the registration of the bends in question, or even the guitar pickups... my S520 has the factory pickups, some passive Ibanez pickups called INF1 and INF2, I know that most of your guitars have much better pickups than mine, most of them are active pickups, not to mention the EMG's :D

Have you tried to change the pitch of the high e after the tuner @@Joey?

That's how I got the bends registering much more than before, after the tuner I just release a little tension on the fine-tuner of the floyd and that's it, the open string, below and above fret 15, as long as I play the note/bend correctly, it registers.

I also have some bend recognition issues with some songs, but Rocksmith is the main problem, because the bend needs to reach the exact pitch to register, otherwise, you will have a big miss. It sucks a lot, but we have to deal with that and keep playing 

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

@@then3verend - I've been trying, and I've had a ton of takes (OK, like 5) end up in the high 98s, but haven't been able to get above 99 again. This was my best recent attempt.

http://i.imgur.com/BPvcHRu.jpg

Big streak before the first set of bends, then the huge ass streak after the slidey descent on the D string through to the crazy part of the outro. Started taking video at the last verse just to see how many misses I'd get from there. Somehow ended up with 6 with the bends and stuff in the outro. I would have needed to be extremely lucky to get 0 misses there (which would have tied you on accuracy), but it still felt tantalizingly close.

Probably will try again soon. Thankfully this song doesn't kill my fretting hand.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

On the Cheap epiphone, with a set of .08s (I've been using this guitar to practice my bends)
I got to the end of the song but failed out the last section, so the accuracy is clearhttp://s14.postimg.org/9ws2scjcx/2015_05_14_00003.jpg

On my Dean Razorback, with a Floyd Rose and a set of heavy bottoms (10-52), didnt use the tremolo, nor did I slide for bends.

http://s16.postimg.org/rmjshie05/2015_05_14_00002.jpg

Granted the playcounts are in reverse order, but I dont think that heavy gauge strings/super awesome pickups are needed for this song. I did notice that if you lose audio your guitar sound during a bend, you have to redo the whole bend to get Rocksmith to register.

@@albatross213 I first saw that as 99.81% thanks for the scare

• Like 3

Many nice scores on all songs :)