Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 69

Mortalo

So am I allowed to pick a bass only song now, or is that only if it has no guitar part to the song (rather than just no guitar part included in the DLC)?

Only when song has no guitar - like Anasthesia by Metallica. We are accepting only good quality cdlc, so we can't allow not fully done ones.

@@Latsch There is a problem with Steam's screens, so I'll update your scores later, if I would forget, remind me :)

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Who would knew that this day we'll be so bizarre and sad.

?

Have I missed something?

Anyway, a very slightly improved score.  I thin k I was better before beer...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKemFMQzF4bGJWMkU/view?usp=sharing

I really do like this song.  Thanks to Shiroo for making it, and to whoever chose it.  I couldn't have picked a better one myself. :)

• Like 4

I really do like this song.  Thanks to Shiroo for making it, and to whoever chose it.  I couldn't have picked a better one myself. :)

Haha, if it's Shiroo's custom it has to be Shiroo to choose it :lol: Though he's always doing great job :)

• Like 5

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/526130521501135855/AF4A7F1CEB2AE3B561E2C4E2CB4C6D19D36E05B8/

Flippin' active bass' batteries ran out so they're on charge until I do another play-through :( The fact I couldn't hear myself towards the last two phrases is what's responsible for the missing %'s!

Always tomorrow I s'pose.

• Like 7

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
  • Like 7
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/526130521501135855/AF4A7F1CEB2AE3B561E2C4E2CB4C6D19D36E05B8/

Flippin' active bass' batteries ran out so they're on charge until I do another play-through :( The fact I couldn't hear myself towards the last two phrases is what's responsible for the missing %'s!

Your timing is better than mine. I need a full percentage point better than you to score the same as you do.

I've noticed I need to hit my notes a half second early for perfect registering. Is there some setting I can adjust for this, or is my old computer to blame? Anyone?

Your timing is better than mine. I need a full percentage point better than you to score the same as you do.

I've noticed I need to hit my notes a half second early for perfect registering. Is there some setting I can adjust for this, or is my old computer to blame? Anyone?

Do you hear a noticeable delay between when you first hear the unamplified sound coming from your bass strings and then hear that same sound picked up and amplified by Rocksmith/your PC?  Try strumming/playing the same single note repeatedly at a fairly fast rate.  If it starts to feel hard to keep in time with yourself, that may be because on your bass you are a note or two ahead of the sound coming out of Rocksmith.

If you are getting that king of delay/lag, there are ways to minimize it.  First big one is, *don't use HDMI for video and audio*.  HDMI does some audio signal processing that introduces a good amount of delay, so switching to headphones or standard audio out from your PC will almost certainly be better.

From there, things get more complicated if you want to squeeze the lowest-latency possible.  Short version is to find your Rocksmith.ini file and tweak 2 settings: LatencyBuffer and MaxOutputBufferSize.

If your LatencyBuffer is set to a number over 1 (say, "LatencyBuffer=4" in that ini file), try decreasing it by one, saving, and starting up Rocksmith.  If you get weird, artifacty sound during the game startup and game audio in general, you have dropped it too low.  The sound is hard to describe, but you'll know it when you hit it.  Anyway, keep on subtracting 1, saving, and starting up Rocksmith until either A) you get the weird audio freakyness in-game (in which case you should revert it to the lowest number you can without the weird sound) or B|) you get it down to 1 ("LatencyBuffer=1" in the ini) with no audio weirdness.

From there, you do almost the same thing but with the MaxOutputBufferSize variable.  However, it will likely be set to a number in the hundreds or thousands, so instead of subtracting 1 try dividing it by 2.  If you see "MaxOutputBufferSize=880", change it to 440, save, and start up Rocksmith, again listening for weird audio.  Keep going until you get the audio weirdness, and then you can bump it up and feather it a bit to try to find the lowest Buffer Size possible.

I've got a relatively beefy PC, but for reference my numbers are:

LatencyBuffer=1

MaxOutputBufferSize=160

Those numbers will be dependent on your audio hardware (soundcard or onboard), connection type (HDMI, fiber optic, or standard 1/8" audio jack), etc.  If you can't get good/tolerable results with one option, you can change your audio configuration (like switch from using a dedicated soundcard to onboard audio, or a USB soundcard, or whatever) and try again.  I've read about some people that assumed Rocksmith would work best with a high-end soundcard like a good SoundBlaster or something, but ended up getting less latency by switching to the simple onboard audio built into their motherboard.  So unfortunately, it can take a lot of fiddling and tweaking to find the best possible configuration for your unique setup.

• Like 3

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Do you hear a noticeable delay between when you first hear the unamplified sound coming from your bass strings and then hear that same sound picked up and amplified by Rocksmith/your PC?  Try strumming/playing the same single note repeatedly at a fairly fast rate.  If it starts to feel hard to keep in time with yourself, that may be because on your bass you are a note or two ahead of the sound coming out of Rocksmith.

If you are getting that king of delay/lag, there are ways to minimize it.  First big one is, *don't use HDMI for video and audio*.  HDMI does some audio signal processing that introduces a good amount of delay, so switching to headphones or standard audio out from your PC will almost certainly be better.

From there, things get more complicated if you want to squeeze the lowest-latency possible.  Short version is to find your Rocksmith.ini file and tweak 2 settings: LatencyBuffer and MaxOutputBufferSize.

If your LatencyBuffer is set to a number over 1 (say, "LatencyBuffer=4" in that ini file), try decreasing it by one, saving, and starting up Rocksmith.  If you get weird, artifacty sound during the game startup and game audio in general, you have dropped it too low.  The sound is hard to describe, but you'll know it when you hit it.  Anyway, keep on subtracting 1, saving, and starting up Rocksmith until either A) you get the weird audio freakyness in-game (in which case you should revert it to the lowest number you can without the weird sound) or B|) you get it down to 1 ("LatencyBuffer=1" in the ini) with no audio weirdness.

From there, you do almost the same thing but with the MaxOutputBufferSize variable.  However, it will likely be set to a number in the hundreds or thousands, so instead of subtracting 1 try dividing it by 2.  If you see "MaxOutputBufferSize=880", change it to 440, save, and start up Rocksmith, again listening for weird audio.  Keep going until you get the audio weirdness, and then you can bump it up and feather it a bit to try to find the lowest Buffer Size possible.

I've got a relatively beefy PC, but for reference my numbers are:

LatencyBuffer=1

MaxOutputBufferSize=160

Those numbers will be dependent on your audio hardware (soundcard or onboard), connection type (HDMI, fiber optic, or standard 1/8" audio jack), etc.  If you can't get good/tolerable results with one option, you can change your audio configuration (like switch from using a dedicated soundcard to onboard audio, or a USB soundcard, or whatever) and try again.  I've read about some people that assumed Rocksmith would work best with a high-end soundcard like a good SoundBlaster or something, but ended up getting less latency by switching to the simple onboard audio built into their motherboard.  So unfortunately, it can take a lot of fiddling and tweaking to find the best possible configuration for your unique setup.

Ther is definite lag. Less than half a second, but enough.

I have a very aged gaming rig. I am running a core  2 duo 6850 3 ghz, 8800gt video, 4 gb ram, and a xfi sound card. It was the shit about 5+ years ago, but now.... I have never dug into the ini file of this game, but I know there is serious lag happening. I fear it is making my playing suffer as I am learning to hit notes faster than I need to. Even though it is less than half a second, timing is timing. Was just wondering if this old of a system should be lagging, or maybe my ear is off. I have had to shut off all graphics already just to play steady without severe lag, and have to reset if I have opened up too much in the recent history to clear my system out or it lags then to0o. bad.

Edit:

Audio is going direct to a logitech z 5500 system in direct mode from the soundcard.

Video is going out DVI

Ther is definite lag. Less than half a second, but enough.

I have a very aged gaming rig. I am running a core  2 duo 6850 3 ghz, 8800gt video, 4 gb ram, and a xfi sound card. It was the shit about 5+ years ago, but now.... I have never dug into the ini file of this game, but I know there is serious lag happening. I fear it is making my playing suffer as I am learning to hit notes faster than I need to. Even though it is less than half a second, timing is timing. Was just wondering if this old of a system should be lagging, or maybe my ear is off. I have had to shut off all graphics already just to play steady without severe lag, and have to reset if I have opened up too much in the recent history to clear my system out or it lags then to0o. bad.

Edit:

Audio is going direct to a logitech z 5500 system in direct mode from the soundcard.

Video is going out DVI

I think with the fancy graphics turned down and some tweaking, you should be able to improve on that amount of lag quite a bit.  Look for that ini file and try those tweaks.  Hardware wise, you're probably using the best setup (direct audio out of the soundcard) but there is a chance that onboard audio from your motherboard could be lower latency.  I'd leave that as a last resort if you can't get much better results with the X-Fi though.

Before doing any tweaks to the Rocksmith.ini file, wouldn't hurt to make a backup copy of it.  That way if something screws up a lot you can just revert.  But I got good results following those steps; I'm guessing my lag went from 250ms or so (on up to pretty close to 500ms if I used HDMI) down to something maybe in the 20s -- not completely lag free like going straight into an amp, but minimal enough that I don't really notice it.

The more extensive guide I read said that using the Win32UltraLowLatencyMode option could help also, but that crashed out for me I assume because I'm running Windows 7 x64.  Since you have 4 gigs of RAM plus 512+ in your 8800 (I forget the exact stats for that vid card), you're *probably* running a 64 bit Windows (if you aren't, you aren't actually getting full use of your RAM).  But if you happen to still be on 32 bit Windows, could be worth trying that option also.

Milkman Dan

Haha, if it's Shiroo's custom it has to be Shiroo to choose it :lol: Though he's always doing great job :)

Always happy to help ! :) I'm glad you like it 

• Like 5

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395238210

Gah... the home run I always fuck up and forget the repeat of the 3rd to last phrase... one more try before a break 'til this evening.

P.S. @@genobadass , I tweaked my ini file and set it to 1 to lower lag issue. I use HDMI and it's not so bad with that tweakage. My soundcard's pretty decent and I have my headphones plugged directly into that mostly to reduce faffing about setting up before I play... my headphones are shite though, they're falling to bits from the baby putting them on and dragging them around the room and pulling off the ear cushions... my head holds them together once I've put them on but they sound AWFUL! I can't imagine what I'd play like or sound like if I had a decent set :D.

Edited by NoonyDeloony
  • Like 6

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395238210

Gah... the home run I always fuck up and forget the repeat of the 3rd to last phrase... one more try before a break 'til this evening.

P.S. @@genobadass , I tweaked my ini file and set it to 1 to lower lag issue. I use HDMI and it's not so bad with that tweakage. My soundcard's pretty decent and I have my headphones plugged directly into that mostly to reduce faffing about setting up before I play... my headphones are shite though, they're falling to bits from the baby putting them on and dragging them around the room and pulling off the ear cushions... my head holds them together once I've put them on but they sound AWFUL! I can't imagine what I'd play like or sound like if I had a decent set :D.

Using headphones bypasses the audio being piped through the HDMI stuff that introduces the slowdown (as long as the headphones are plugged into your soundcard not the TV), so that should be OK.

I use HDMI for video to my TV/monitor, but I use fiber optic out from my motherboard into a 5.1 receiver for audio.  Rocksmith doesn't use DTS, so my receiver only outputs stereo with the game -- but it is still nice to have the receiver sending bass to a big subwoofer, that I also use for a footstool.  :)

• Like 4

Milkman Dan

I think with the fancy graphics turned down and some tweaking, you should be able to improve on that amount of lag quite a bit.  Look for that ini file and try those tweaks.  Hardware wise, you're probably using the best setup (direct audio out of the soundcard) but there is a chance that onboard audio from your motherboard could be lower latency.  I'd leave that as a last resort if you can't get much better results with the X-Fi though.

Before doing any tweaks to the Rocksmith.ini file, wouldn't hurt to make a backup copy of it.  That way if something screws up a lot you can just revert.  But I got good results following those steps; I'm guessing my lag went from 250ms or so (on up to pretty close to 500ms if I used HDMI) down to something maybe in the 20s -- not completely lag free like going straight into an amp, but minimal enough that I don't really notice it.

The more extensive guide I read said that using the Win32UltraLowLatencyMode option could help also, but that crashed out for me I assume because I'm running Windows 7 x64.  Since you have 4 gigs of RAM plus 512+ in your 8800 (I forget the exact stats for that vid card), you're *probably* running a 64 bit Windows (if you aren't, you aren't actually getting full use of your RAM).  But if you happen to still be on 32 bit Windows, could be worth trying that option also.

I am running 32 bit. The memory was given to me from a friend after he upgraded, so I threw it in anyway as it was faster than my old ones. I know it doesn't utilize it all though.

I did not realize the lag was there until I started doing the score attack and payed closer attention.

Thanks for all the help!

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

so lets c how those 24carat snakes are performing (highly recomended by @@Smile )

http://i58.tinypic.com/ndpmwp.jpg

Its insane how long those out of the box strings did their job - over 2 months, about 100 hours !!?!?

I really gotta check back with ESP what they equip the guitars with....

Besides you know whats the second best thing when you gotta restring?

- Stringlocks!!!!

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I'm used to be greedy and change strings when one breaks :) I changed my 1st strings after, around, 10 months :lol: 

• Like 2

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395323464

At last...

And a video! The video's of my second play-through, the first PT had a higher score despite there being a bum note at the end that got recognised as accurate. I didn't like that so played it again... wasn't a fluke! :D

• Like 8

Just because I love this song so much, here is a new score for Exo-Politics v1.4:

Intermediate Lead: 99.18 %

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395350273

The new version is awesome, thanks @@Shiroo

Finally hit the 99%, but it wasn't easy :D

• Like 7

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.