Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 69

Mortalo

Time to break into the songs I've never heard! Sightreads, go!

http://i.imgur.com/6ilKhWX.jpg

:o I mean, I saw this was the masterclass, but I did not expect shredding of this magnitude, especially with the unassuming album art! Songs like this remind me how long a journey I've still got ahead of me if I really want to melt people's faces.

http://i.imgur.com/rkND8rJ.jpg

New Megadeth bores me to tears. :(  I loved Dave in his thrash days, but I haven't enjoyed anything he's made in over a decade, this included. Probably going to focus on other songs this week.

I think the principal problem with Dave on last years it's that he was doing more "Radio Friendly" songs, that sucks, but actually i enjoyed 13 and Super Collider...but i just hope the next album be more like Endgame, or Rust In Peace. More if Marty and Nick return to the band 

9A7alLl.jpg

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@Rodman if you have not enough time for practice, big chance that you lose challenge. Also you can concentrate on one path, for win, other for fun. By way those who spend a lot time for practice in MM, anyway getting less accuracy , because have not tips - notes. it hard and need more time for learning, no sense to play in MM for WC if there not any bonus, never win in your class. +2-3 % it give sense.

Yeah, time is always the issue ;)

Cant focus on one path as long as there is so great competition everywhere :) and i'm ok with being beaten if i tried ...

The question is wouldn't a general MM= +3 be best?

Beg +0 would mean zero Motivation to go for the MM from the beginning, and as you level up you improve even in the skill of note recognition and it gets somewhat easier for yourself.

If we set 100% as max we still make certain that a 100%run is worth more than a 98.5MM because of streak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I meant to say I'm practicing the advanced track in master mode, not MC :) oops

Are we doing that one too?

We can do @@genobadass :) no pressure though, I was doing it purely to push myself but by all means, give me a run for my money :D

• Like 1

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

(wrote this about 8 hours ago, power outage before I finished, been off all day and just back now)

About Master Mode scoring:

Instead of a flat percent bonus to accuracy, or bonus based on song difficulty, why not use the function of Rocksmith that already gives a bonus for Master Mode:  Score Attack scores.

Say that instead of accuracy (down to hundredths of a percent) being the PRIMARY/1st way to determine rank, what if we stepped down the importance of that by counting all accuracies rounded down to the nearest 1 percent or half percent as being equal.  So, anything in 99-100%, or 99.5-100% accuracy would be a tie.  Remove streak as a tiebreaking factor, and then determine ranks by whoever has the highest SA Score.

Example:

A gets 99.2% Accuracy, but MM Score Attack score of 2,100,000

B gets 99.9% Accuracy, but plays in SA Hard and scores 1,700,000

C gets 100% Accuracy, but only in Learn A Song.

D gets 98.8% Accuracy, SA Hard 1,400,000

With 1 percent stepped "pools", 99-100% accuracies are all equal and then ranked by score.  So, A > B > C > D.

With .5 percent stepped "pools", 99-99.49 are equal, 99.5-100 are equal, then rank by score.  So, B > C > A > D.

With pools set to the right size, I think that this would 1) encourage/reward Master Mode entries, 2) make phantom misses less important (although at the high end those are still going to factor into your Score Attack score), 3) discourage Learn a Song entries (which can be gamed/faked easier than SA scores), and 4) place a slight premium on timing AND accuracy over sheer accuracy as it is now.

I think that would accomplish most of the positive things about encouraging Master Mode, but would feel a little bit less artificial than just giving a flat or graduated bonus to accuracy for MM runs.  Score Attack already rewards a pretty significantly higher score for a decent MM run over a perfect or near-perfect run on Hard.  So, as long as the pools were set to some fair number that everybody was OK with, it seems like that might be a good way to handle things.  I should look back through the leaderboard for past weeks and see if that change would have frequently resulted in different rankings, and if the times it would have been different seem justified.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

I should look back through the leaderboard for past weeks and see if that change would have frequently resulted in different rankings, and if the times it would have been different seem justified.

I fear you can´t - you will only have the scores of the 100% runs

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

@@tupoloflyer Welcome!

@@MilkmanDan We decided to go with accuracy, and I think that it should stay that way.

About time spend on songs - we had some great participants in the past, who where not practicing song a lot, were not trying to push for the best score. I usually play song few times, unless I like it, then I play a couple more. It's still about fun, and I encourage everyone to play as much as they really want to, not to go into anykind of grind, only to get better score. Keep it fun.

Bonus to MM, can reward participants willing to push harder, we can try this bonus %, but we should add it only to scores eligible for win.

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I should look back through the leaderboard for past weeks and see if that change would have frequently resulted in different rankings, and if the times it would have been different seem justified.

I fear you can´t - you will only have the scores of the 100% runs

Yup, noticed that problem.

• Like 1

Milkman Dan

now to something completely depending on the scores ;)

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

leader changes:

@Kaijin        Int Rhy (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  as my 3yo lady would comment that ;) )

@@Gamut still on fire with 61/100 in Adv Lead and @@genobadass in Adv Bass 65/100

players falling off the boards for not scoring in 10 weeks:

@Mr Pi @Brookly_Sounds @@DaveZero @@Tonedef

come back, strike hard!!!

http://i61.tinypic.com/33bmno5.jpg

nice week everyone!

Don´t think too much about scoring tweaks - we are here fo fun ;)

• Like 4

@@Rodman You right, for beginner too need bonus, my mistake.

@@Mortalo You too right, more simple and clear for all, is flat bonus.

My suggestion for start and testing system:

Beg -1.5%

Int - 2%

Adv- 2.5%

MC - 3 %

And second we can add poll with voting in this topic:

1.Yes for Bonus for MM

2. No

After a few weeks we can decide to leave or not bonus system.

MM score will be mark in Red color, if score in MM + bonus =100% in compare with clear  usually 100% SA - it  is the win MM (not important streak).

MM score will be mark in Red color, if score in MM + bonus =100% in compare with clear  usually 100% SA - it  is the win MM (not important streak).

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

A real 100 is worth much more than a MM upleveled one!!

While playing Gimme Sympathy by Metric, I'm achieving better scores (%) in Master Mode :P But here I'm with Rodman, clear 100% should be more valuable, it's easy to get a miss here or there. I'm still getting 100% on Breaking the Law only from time to time.

Intermediate Lead - 94.57%, 154 streak

Solo is nice, and not really hard, chord recognition were giving me troubles, and my fingers did not allowed me to try it again (too much bending with pointing finger).

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Personally, Master Mode does not coincide with my own goals.  So, I'm tempted to vote no.  BUT, the reality is that having bonus for MM scores wouldn't negatively affect my own personal goals either, and it might be more in the spirit of the Championship.

As a result, I'll abstain from voting.  If others want it, that's fine with me.  If not, that's OK too.

Milkman Dan

@@Rodman It only question about value bonus. i think 98% in MM is equivalent 100% SA, similar hard to get.  Or you thinking MM it easy way for win? You can try win this way :)

Lol - for me personally MM is not gonna be part of my routine, i'm always gonna try to make it sound right by muting/ going to real amp as advanced step rather than play from brain...

For me achieving 100% is highest possible here, worth more than 99.5MM, surely less than 100MM ;)

• Like 3

@@Mortalo Ok, but you played Metric not your class (rate 2), and can not to get any win (and bonus too)   :P

@@MilkmanDan May be if have fears that a bonus is easier to win, we need only set less bonus. And every will be can select personal way for win, and all to get some reason to play in MM and really learn a songs.

I don't have any issue with the specific number values of the bonus.  I think that it is a good idea to encourage Master Mode, and the numbers you suggested sound like a good way to do that.

...I just know that I personally won't be doing it -- I'm happy with using Rocksmith as a sightread tool.  If I get less lazy and decide to set a personal goal of trying to do some songs on Master Mode, it would definitely be on dead easy beginner songs.  And I honestly think I'm probably too lazy to even go for that ... kind of like my goal to "work on using fingers more", which is perpetually stuck in 1st gear.  :)

• Like 2

Milkman Dan

As one of the ones venturing into MM territory, I do not need it to be part of the main competition. I like the put the MM scores in red idea that you are currently using especially as there are only the three of us really trying it right now. If more interest builds, maybe then worry about it. Right now we got a nice little competition with some evenly matched players, this makes it fun. I don't need the killers up top marching down upon us.

• Like 4

As one of the ones venturing into MM territory, I do not need it to be part of the main competition. I like the put the MM scores in red idea that you are currently using especially as there are only the three of us really trying it right now. If more interest builds, maybe then worry about it. Right now we got a nice little competition with some evenly matched players, this makes it fun. I don't need the killers up top marching down upon us.

Totally happy with keeping mm a separate party for now too. I don't think it would actually be fair to compare MM SA with Hard SA and the +1•5 , +2 etc bonuses just complicate things. I don't mind if MM SA in advanced, beginner, int or mc doesn't contribute to the main competition, just an acknowledgment is enough, MM is whole other level of playmanship and I wouldn't want players who are happy with their achievements in Hard SA feeling bummed out if someone took their place because of a MASTER MODE win. It's not every week I'll be able to commit to learning a track in MM too, just happens that this week has some attractive songs that are ideal for testing our memory mettle.

• Like 4

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

+, whats left is to master the solo...

http://i62.tinypic.com/14iik2f.jpg

• Like 2

(I warn you now, this post will rival those of MilkmanDan)

Well this has been a week already, and its only Monday

As far as Honorable Mentions, I like the new format and idea, wish it could have an implication on something small(i.e. diehard players)

As far as any kind of MM  bonus I support it, helps those that are learning learn the theory and counts behind songs, and will overall improve the scores in the future. That and well, when you break out the guitar/bass at the party, you can actually play the song and be like "hey, I'm the best in the world at this song." and actually play it.

I'll play the advanced bass and see if it is really a 6, I will say i honestly think super collider is a 6, its only a string jump, either im too good at that or its too easy. I also think as far as song difficulty there isnt much of a difference in MC, advanced, and even intermediate bass, just the skill of the people in each class. I feel like trying to share that with the lead is what holds bass difficulty back.

Johnny B Goode, Schizoid Man, Metropolis, and Octavarium are the only MC Bass songs i can truly call MC Bass
Some can make a good argument for Angel of Death, Bat Country, F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. Can i Play with Madness, This is How it Goes, and Red Baron

in total that is 4/20, or 20% of the time that the selection can truly be called MC

and 10/20 or 50% of the time that could possibly run as MC

I see one of three options

1: we rate bass songs harder, and they get properly selected(As a player of lead and Bass, rate a bass song as if it were the lead in the song)

2: MC Bass gets its own song(can be missing lead, such as anastesia) for being a difficult bass song, and then the rest go down from there

3: We keep everything as it is and accept it for what it is

I personally think the first option is the best, and everybody(especially the organizers that test the weeks selection) should fairly rate the song on all 3 parts.

I have more to say too..but ill hold off for now

tl:dr Bass songs too easy, Honorable mentions i like, and MM gets a thumbs up from me 

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Hello hello Lads again !

I'm sorry I wasn't able to update the song yet. The fact is, I was lying drunk on the floor

for the past couple of days and I finally read this only now. So, yeah, after I get some sleep

I should be able to update it as soon as possible, which means tomorrow. Thanks for the info, 

the song  is quite old and I haven't updated it in a long time, so I'm very happy that I will be able 

to finish this one off and improve it ;)

Cheers

• Like 3

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Exo-Politics review with pictures :)

This song doesnt skip any strings, and it is a fairly slow song. There are also really only 3 riffs you have to learn, MM would be soo easy

Verse riffs

http://s29.postimg.org/y42ttwj47/2015_02_16_00006.jpg

This is it in a nutshell, a whole step skip and then a half step skip on the lower string. 3 on difficulty

Pre-chorus

http://s14.postimg.org/ci0yclw8x/2015_02_16_00008.jpg

This is the biggest jump in the whole song, and its really not the much of a jump since it settles on 8 after (4)

And the Chorus

http://s1.postimg.org/4xv2e5oyn/2015_02_16_00009.jpg

The pre chorus gets you ready for that 8, and it runs down like this during the whole chorus, if you weren't basically playing a slower version of this in the pre, it would be a surprise.

Chorus also hits a 6 in the E you wouldnt expect, and might miss as a result (4.5)

overall this song gets 3.66 in my difficulty book, slightly above a beginner song, but nowhere near advanced.... 

Many nice scores on all songs :)