Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 69

Mortalo

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

i think i got it

http://i62.tinypic.com/30j396v.jpg

• Like 6

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Gamut If you make record your play in drunken condition, and when you look sober up, you catch sight of,  that alcohol, ruined not only skill but and sounds.

Haha, I was mostly kidding - I don't advocate playing drunk. But I really do believe that just a few drinks loosens you up and does good things to your sound. Back when I was playing live, I'd have a couple beers over the course of a set. Didn't make me sound any worse, and definitely made me rock out more!

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

As long as song has 7 or 8 (or higher) difficulty rating in Advanced class you're going to be leveled up with 99+ on guitars or 99.5+ on bass. @@Rodman, as a Rocksmith Championship Organizer you should know the rules! :P

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I do not think 100% on the Muse song should level anyone up. It is not super difficult. I did find it quite fun to play.

@@Mortalo @All - .... :) we have to go over that again ...

We have to stick to the rules - or change it!!!

As long as Muse Bass stays a 6 we should be leveled up at 99.5

Or we agree on a personal no-vote option against auto-level up (the classmates should still be able to push you ;) )

{snip}

-EDIT-  Sorry, made mostly redundant by Mortalo's response above.  I got sidetracked and came back, posted this late.

@@Mortalo will have to chime in, but as I understand it:

Difficulty classes are as follows:  1-3 Beginner / 4-6 Intermediate / 7-8 Advanced / 9-10 MC

If the final difficulty rating for the song in your path is lower than that designated range, your accuracy does not count towards the auto-level up rules, either with a 100% one-off, or the 3 weeks of whatever (those specific numbers are different for lead/rhythm vs. bass).

So, if the song is really rated as a 6 difficulty, nobody will be leveled up with a high accuracy or a 100% battle on it, because 6 is technically a high-end intermediate level song.

...This rule is what prompted me to (try to) get more serious about suggesting fair difficulty ratings for Mortalo to consider -- particularly because that transition from Advanced to MC Bass tends to be brutal on people.  Looking back on past leaderboards, I think there is plenty of evidence that people have been leveled up there, lost heart and enjoyment with the big shift in competition, and ended up not sticking around very long after that.  I think that is too bad -- I really enjoy a more active Championship like we've got going now, compared to the times when it has been a bit more sparse.  I don't mind not winning, as long as I'm legitimately in the ballpark of being competitive with the class.  But I think that in the past, staying competitive in Advanced (or Int when we had 3 classes only) pretty much forced the level up to MC (just because a LOT of Int/Advanced players were getting 100% runs or weeks of 99%+), well before people were actually ready to be competitive there.

Hopefully being a bit more brutal with the difficulty ratings plus removing level-ups for accuracy on a song lower than class difficulty range will help.

• Like 2

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

As long as song has 7 or 8 (or higher) difficulty rating in Advanced class you're going to be leveled up with 99+ on guitars or 99.5+ on bass. @@Rodman, as a Rocksmith Championship Organizer you should know the rules! :P

Loooool

I am ill - and on meds - they must be fooling my brain i would´ve sworn it was 6-8 lol -

ok, but that doesnt solve the issue of int lead upleveling last week ;) (which was good and the only logic thing)

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Yet i think need update rules about "Honorable Mentions List". Seems we lost interest in this, because devalued value list,  by way filled all 100% and MM score. 

There changing,  who will added in list:

1. Those who got 100% in its class and only at one level down.

An example :

Int. and Beg. participants  can get 100% in all classes and will be add in list

Adv. part. can to get 100%  in Int, Adv, MC and will be added in list

MC. part. can get 100%  in Adv and MC and will be added in list.

2. MM player,  winner with MM in its class, he will be added in list.

And if no one don`t mind i`ll clean list by follow this rules from now to 47 week (all weeks with 4 classes)

Any suggestion? 

• Like 5

First Tries (except for Beg and Int) on bass:

Beginner: Bob Marley - Stir It Up

2015-02-15_181947.jpg

Yeah, so ... lowest accuracy score of the week for me on the beginner song.  This was technically my 2nd attempt on it, but 1st this week.  I had 1 play with accuracy in the 60% range, which made me wonder what was up (hadn't played the song in a long while, couldn't remember).  Well, there's one specific note in the main riff that Rocksmith just does NOT want to detect for me.  Miss or Late every time, even if I am 100% sure that I'm nailing it.  I'm thinking that happened the first time I tried the song also, and annoyed me enough that I quit about halfway through the song, hence my accuracy in the 60s from that first try.

I need to try it with my other bass, see if there is just a weird intonation spot with my 4 string or something.

Aside from that issue (which seems to just affect me), it is an easyish and fun song.  Enough string skipping and shifting that I'd be tempted to rate it a 3 though.  Probably 2-3.

Intermediate:  Jerry C - Canon Rock

2015-02-15_182654.jpg

Had quite a few plays of this on my profile before it got corrupted some months back, so I knew this was possible.  Wasn't really expecting it on my first try this week though.  Not tough for pick-using bass players like me.  Bit harder for fingers, but it isn't so fast as to be impossible that way.  Easier with fingers than the Dragonforce song a couple weeks ago, I'd imagine.

Given the speed, relatively static frethand position, but small number of slides and other techs...  I'll say difficulty 4.  Maybe 5.  Good fit for Int.

Advanced:  Muse - Exo Politics

2015-02-15_183147.jpg

Muse is pretty hit or miss for me.  This one hit, big time!  Great sounding song, very fun to play.  Definitely going to do some more plays on this one, and keep it in the DLC folder after the week is done.

Difficulty wise, I think the aforementioned 6 sounds fair and solid, but I should confirm with some more playthroughs.

MC:  Megadeth - Super Collider

2015-02-15_183758.jpg

I haven't listened to much new Megadeth, but this one makes me think I should.  Good song, fun to play, challenging but not HARD.  I should be able to get 99%+ personally, and I forsee a logjam at 100% amongst the MC pros...

For a difficulty rating...  I'm thinking 7-8, slightly tending more towards the 7?  I would be interested in seeing how Advanced Bass players do on it, because that would help me peg down if my new efforts at difficulty ratings are in the ballpark that I'm shooting for.  Basically, what I'm saying is that I think that getting a 100% on this song OR a 99.5% on songs of this difficulty or higher would actually be a pretty legit bar to hurdle to transition from Advanced to MC class.

But I wouldn't want anybody to level up when they didn't want to just because I want to collect data...  So if and Advanced folks do want to try the song keep that in mind.  Technically I think the rules say that if you post a screenshot for more than one class, the highest difficulty one is your entry for the week, although it seems like that generally isn't enforced.  But if you're advanced and want to try the song, to be on the safe side you could just post your thoughts on difficulty rather that a screenshot entry.  Unless @@Mortalo would like to clarify the rules, maybe my interpretation is wrong on that.

• Like 4

Milkman Dan

Yet i think need update rules about "Honorable Mentions List". Seems we lost interest in this, because devalued value list,  by way filled all 100% and MM score. 

There changing,  who will added in list:

1. Those who got 100% in its class and only at one level down.

An example :

Int. and Beg. participants  can get 100% in all classes and will be add in list

Adv. part. can to get 100%  in Int, Adv, MC and will be added in list

MC. part. can get 100%  in Adv and MC and will be added in list.

2. MM player,  winner with MM in its class, he will be added in list.

And if no one don`t mind i`ll clean list by follow this rules from now to 47 week (all weeks with 4 classes)

Any suggestion? 

Sounds fine to me -- fair and makes it easier on the record keeping.  So I'll /second it -- good idea.

Milkman Dan

Oh no!  Chords!

2015-02-15_195647.jpg

Gonna need some riff repeating to get ... less "subpar" on that.

-EDIT-

Played through all the way at 60% speed, then one more time at full speed:

2015-02-15_201244.jpg

That helped!  Went from 66% to 85% (86% was from try 2 at 60% speed).  Still need practice though.

• Like 4

Milkman Dan

I do not think 100% on the Muse song should level anyone up. It is not super difficult. I did find it quite fun to play.

@@Mortalo @All - .... :) we have to go over that again ...

We have to stick to the rules - or change it!!!

As long as Muse Bass stays a 6 we should be leveled up at 99.5

Or we agree on a personal "no"-vote option against auto-level up (the classmates should still be able to push you ;) )

Fact is

#we cannot have 100 battles on adv bass

without upleveling

#i stopped competing on int lead last week because going for the places would have meant leveling up, then cause 3 were up they didnt get upleveled (i am really happy we still have heavy competition here).

I wouldnt have most propably made the places cause i sucked hard there ;) but thats another piece o paper...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're going to be getting whicked off with my suggestions on this subject soon and ban me, but... Why can't we have 100% battles in advanced? I can see your point as 100% would generally mean being upped to the Master Class but... My other half suggested something last night. He said "Why not have an aggregate system?" (this is the kind of sexy conversations we have EVERY valentines day so apologies for any undue arousal.)

For example: 10 weeks in a row of 100%'s in advance is what boosts you to the MC, rather than it being just 1 100% achievement, 100% battles to achieve the highest score are still doable in advanced, the higher the score attack score with 100% accuracy determines the winner for that week, thus giving advanced players the opportunity to up the ante and make some sport of it.

If a player does this 10 weeks running for the top spot, THEN upgrade them to MC. I feel this would definitely improve players in the advanced section's ability rather than throwing them straight in to MC, where once you're there, you're stuck playing songs that maybe your experience, longevity and dexterity hasn't quite made the grade. You could possibly apply this to the transition from beginner to intermediate and intermediate to advanced too...

Anyhoo it's just a suggestion ( Courtesy of my Dobby :), if it's implemented he gets the creds, cookies and women!)

• Like 2

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

:) :) :) :)

@Noons - Seems like you are trying to make damn sure you can stay away from the cool kids playground

:) :) :) :)

Wont an active vote - yes, Mortty, beam me up be a little easier ;)

And 100% battles for adv wo fear - yes please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just had a sharp come down to earth moment this morning. :(

I was trying for the 100% on "Stir it Up", and messing up slightly, even though I've done it many times before, so though I'd have a go in Master Mode...

Although I'm relatively pleased with my score, and that I managed to make it through score attack, my god, I realise now how much I rely on Rocksmith to tell me when to play a note.  It's not good is it, especially for a bass player?

After the highs of my one year bass anniversary, and actually thinking I could play a little now (play Rocksmith, that is) what an almighty bump! :(

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKRkF0VXVQTVh3Wm8/view?usp=sharing

I can see a hard year on Master Mode (on easy songs of course) coming up...

• Like 5

You're going to be getting whicked off with my suggestions on this subject soon and ban me, but... Why can't we have 100% battles in advanced? I can see your point as 100% would generally mean being upped to the Master Class but... My other half suggested something last night. He said "Why not have an aggregate system?" (this is the kind of sexy conversations we have EVERY valentines day so apologies for any undue arousal.)

For example: 10 weeks in a row of 100%'s in advance is what boosts you to the MC, rather than it being just 1 100% achievement, 100% battles to achieve the highest score are still doable in advanced, the higher the score attack score with 100% accuracy determines the winner for that week, thus giving advanced players the opportunity to up the ante and make some sport of it.

{snip}

Honestly, I agree that leveling up on *1* 100% can be problematic.  Especially for bass.

10 weeks in a row of 100's would be pretty extreme though...  I think that sets the bar so high that nobody would ever transition.  Give the last 10 weeks of Advanced songs to then3verend, Blazikiller, and frippchen and I think it would be a pretty tough challenge for them to hit 100% in ALL of them.

BUT, considering that MC Bass is frequently a 100% shootout, I think that nothing would be wrong with that happening in other tiers than MC also.  That is already the case if the song selection for the week is lower than the difficulty range of the class -- which apparently applies this week.  So, you and Rodman and everybody else could all get 100's this week and all stay Advanced.  It would be nice if that didn't rely on the song being (perhaps artificially) given a difficulty rating lower than what it might deserve, though.

I think the general goal of the rules is to make sure that nobody is unfairly dominating their class when they should/could be facing competition more at their level in a higher class.  The rules are trying to accomplish that, and I think they work pretty well for guitar (from what I can tell).  I 100% agree that they are more problematic for bass.  Nobody stays in Beginner bass for more than a few weeks.  Pretty close to the same for Intermediate.  Advanced sticks out as a problem also.

I don't know how to fix them in a way that doesn't put a lot more work onto the organizers.  The nerd in me says that it should be stats based...  If your accuracy rating / score is more than 1-1.5  standard deviations above the mean of the participants in your class for 3 out of 5 weeks or something, you level up.  That way, if everyone is getting 100's, it is fine.  You only level up if most of the participants are getting 97s and you get 99s-100s for a few consistent weeks.  BUT, that would be kind of a bitch to calculate, and the organizers already have a LOT to do with picking 4 songs and matching them to 4 tiers in 3 paths.

Maybe the focus on difficulty ratings and level up exemptions for songs under the class difficulty will be a good-enough solution long term.  I think we should give that a shot for a while more before doing anything drastic...  That's my vote (which should count for less since I'm not actually in Advanced).  Sorry.

• Like 5

Milkman Dan

The OMG.  Gulp.  Fear.  moment has gone.

I've had a cheeky Sunday afternoon beer, and I'm feeling better now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKWVBqZkZISTNMaWM/view?usp=sharing

• Like 6

I, honestly, like current rules for leveling up. I think that we were rating bass to easily, mostly because there is not many true Advanced bass parts, not to say about MC. I want to see how it will work, with harsh ratings. If will get to song that is true Advanced, and you ladies and gentlemen, will achieve 99.5+ scores, will see what to do then. We have another Int song for Adv, and it can be quite common.

@ good idea, especially since I didn't updated that list recently...

This time I was later then @MMD :)

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I was trying for the 100% on "Stir it Up", and messing up slightly, even though I've done it many times before, so though I'd have a go in Master Mode...

Although I'm relatively pleased with my score, and that I managed to make it through score attack, my god, I realise now how much I rely on Rocksmith to tell me when to play a note.  It's not good is it, especially for a bass player?

After the highs of my one year bass anniversary, and actually thinking I could play a little now (play Rocksmith, that is) what an almighty bump! :(

Yeah - i don´t care too much on the bass side, cause it is my secondary instrument - but same applies for guitar - when i "master" a song which usually means 95%+ acc. i always try to do a MM run, and more importantly a run with the music muted or on the real amp - just to clarify if i´m far off being able to play the song or not...

• Like 2

I, honestly, like current rules for leveling up. I think that we were rating bass to easily, mostly because there is not many true Advanced bass parts, not to say about MC. I want to see how it will work, with harsh ratings. If will get to song that is true Advanced, and you ladies and gentlemen, will achieve 99.5+ scores, will see what to do then. We have another Int song for Adv, and it can be quite common.

@ good idea, especially since I didn't updated that list recently...

This time I was later then @MMD :)

One issue I'm considering is that for the past 3 weeks, we've had songs that we consider a "true Advanced" by difficulty rating ... they have just been pegged as the MC songs because they have been the hardest of the 4.

Part of me thinks that if we're really being fair with the difficulty ratings, the advanced players could/should be doing those songs.  They don't need to be in direct competition with the MC players, but if the song is really right for their level then why not let them play those songs with their scores competing only with the other Advanced players?

That also puts a more rigorous test on the fairness of the difficulty ratings, and the level up system.  Rather than just "nobody has to level up this week because the song isn't hard enough", which just disguises/ignores level-up system problems, they'd be more out in the open.

That may very well NOT be what the advanced participants want to do, though...  So take it with a big big grain of salt.

• Like 1

Milkman Dan

We need a separate forum for all the politics in here. :P

First try, never heard the song before.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/th_Exo-politics89_zps2210939c.jpg

Quite easy song onces you get the feel for it. The solo might take some RR.

3rd try went alot better.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Exo-politics9638_zps57209b5e.jpg

• Like 6

I have had a great run in advanced, and wish to stay advanced. I spend a lot of hours on each song to get the results I have received (I'm probably two solid hours into Muse already). I have never held back a score to not level up though. I am in no way competitive in the MM songs.If I do level up I think it might take out some of the fun honestly, as the competitive nature of this would be gone for me. I am glad we are making an effort to keep this as fair as we can.

I really appreciate all the hard work everyone puts into organizing this.

• Like 3

It took me almost three hours to get the 100 on this. I feel your pain.

I swear there were some phantom misses in there. I kept getting through it with one miss, when I thought I nailed it.

• Like 3

Totally understand Miss! I rely heavily on RS runway too but honestly, I've just played Bob on master too and took me about 40 restarts before I nailed it and my brain feels fried! But in a good way. I'm going to start practicing my memory skills with the beginner tracks, it'll be good to compete using the master mode in our own little competitions :) I've only got a few songs down to memory and they're all pretty simple ones, with repetitive riffs, when I go back to play them though I really need a few practices still in Learn a song though ;). I think definitely stick to practicing in Master mode though Miss, it's a new game in itself ... albeit a terrifying one... my hands were trembling towards the end and in my head I was saying "I'm gonna fuckup! I'm gonna fuckup!" but I didn't, and I cried, and laughed, and cried ... well I didn't but, I did go a bit weird with power :D 

@@Rodman I wanna stay with the cool kids in Advanced :D

@@MilkmanDan 10 weeks is just a suggestion but the idea being that it'd really push people to hold on to their place :)

• Like 2

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Totally understand Miss! I rely heavily on RS runway too but honestly, I've just played Bob on master too and took me about 40 restarts before I nailed it and my brain feels fried! But in a good way. I'm going to start practicing my memory skills with the beginner tracks, it'll be good to compete using the master mode in our own little competitions :) I've only got a few songs down to memory and they're all pretty simple ones, with repetitive riffs, when I go back to play them though I really need a few practices still in Learn a song though ;). I think definitely stick to practicing in Master mode though Miss, it's a new game in itself ... albeit a terrifying one... my hands were trembling towards the end and in my head I was saying "I'm gonna fuckup! I'm gonna fuckup!" but I didn't, and I cried, and laughed, and cried ... well I didn't but, I did go a bit weird with power :D

@@Rodman I wanna stay with the cool kids in Advanced :D

@@MilkmanDan 10 weeks is just a suggestion but the idea being that it'd really push people to hold on to their place :)

I'm planning on working on this as well. Need to work on memory skills. I think making it a side competition for us is a splendid idea.

The main competition has brought my skills to another level already. Joining this works perfectly with my competitive side to develop skills that otherwise are a bit tedious.

• Like 3