Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 69

Mortalo

:ph34r: 

• Like 6

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

And the battle begins... :D I expect blood to be drawn mwahahahaa! ;)

• Like 2

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

I'm having an epiphany, and a little Champagne to go with it (it was cheap in Lidl, and the rugby is on…).

I did this earlier.  I may not be able to play later. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKbHRLamg3cHlsUzA/view?usp=sharing

• Like 5

Big props to you guys doing anything, even the Beginner songs, in Master Mode.

Even on the songs that I have played the most (Jeremy and Black by Pearl Jam both have 20+ plays in my current profile, but More Than A Feeling by Boston I think is my all-time max including before my profile corrupted), I go full-on deer in the headlights in Master Mode.  Hopeless.  It actually pisses me off so much that I turned MM off in the options.

I suppose if I really wanted to, I could learn some songs to where I could play them without the visual prompts...  But in the time that it took me to do that for 1 song, I could get good at maybe 20+ songs with using Rocksmith to sightread.  I think I have more fun with option B ... but I should try to do option A at least a little.  So again, big /tiphat to anyone working on that at any song level -respect!

• Like 1

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Even on the songs that I have played the most (Jeremy and Black by Pearl Jam both have 20+ plays in my current profile, but More Than A Feeling by Boston I think is my all-time max including before my profile corrupted), I go full-on deer in the headlights in Master Mode.  Hopeless.  It actually pisses me off so much that I turned MM off in the options.

I suppose if I really wanted to, I could learn some songs to where I could play them without the visual prompts...  But in the time that it took me to do that for 1 song, I could get good at maybe 20+ songs with using Rocksmith to sightread.  I think I have more fun with option B ... but I should try to do option A at least a little.  So again, big /tiphat to anyone working on that at any song level -respect!

We shall see how well this goes. Stir It Up is ridiculously easy. Only has two riffs with no fills. I can see something harder annoying us down the road. However, the whole idea of this, for me at least, is to become a Bass player. Gonna have to do this at some point.

• Like 4

I think the problem with Master Mode, and the original Rocksmith implementation of it, is that it kicks in way too soon, so most people just turn it off and play with all the notes showing.

Instead of fading all the notes out, If it just hid some of the notes, almost as a reverse DD (IYSWIM) it might be better.  Ahem,  hint, hint, Ubisoft...

• Like 3

Do it! It's time!

I've just been lazy and tbh sometimes the competition here being generally measured by our ability to sight read the notes has put a slight shackle on things. I fully intend to strive to be able to eventually strap on a bass and play through trial and error but "knowing" what to play when I hear it. Even one day play at an open mic night in my town (my goals are not huge, just small dreams)

• Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

piece by piece

http://i59.tinypic.com/aw526e.jpg

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I have one idea about MM, for more interest for participants in MM, we can count score for leaderboard next way:

Summary Accuracy = % Accuracy + 2%,

An example:

Latsch got 97.25 % in MM for Coheed and Cambria (66 week), with new rules it will be 99.25% and he must win, so as it really more cool result then 98% by Fracnoel19 

If Accuracy >98% in MM then summary =100% - A  song learned :)

P.s. Or maybe +3%

P.p.s Or maybe for different classes of songs  difierrent +%:

Beg -0%

Int +1%

Adv+2%

MC+3%

Or yet variant:

Summary Accuracy = % Accuracy + (Rate a Song)/3

An example a song Super Collider have  rate 7, so if play it in MM summary accuracy will be %Accuracy+2.3%

• Like 1

exhausting day for me today (fuck whole day lectures on a sunday!)

but still had to give a quick look into RS.

awesome songs this week, again!

Stir Me Up is cool, but i dont like playin it, reggaes not my cup of tea to play.

Exo-Politics is a awesome song, went straight into MM on this one because i played this one a few times on gigs

Exo-Politics But I'll have to give this one a little closer look i think.

Wont check out the Megadeth one, partly because i dont want to tune down and partly because i didnt really liked the song that much.

So... Canon Rock.

I have this one in my library for a while but never really gave it the time it needed, thats why i put it on the championship, and its freakin awesome! i love Classical/Rock mashups. (I often thought about suggesting classic songs like Bureê on guitar, but there usually is only 1 guitar on the track :/ )

so yeah my crappy scores for now:

Canon Rock Lead 73%

Canon Rock Rhythm 85%

Need to get some rest for now.

Great week & a cool rest of sunday to you guys!

• Like 6

I have one idea about MM, for more interest for participants in MM, we can count score for leaderboard next way:

Summary Accuracy = % Accuracy + 2%,

An example:

Latsch got 97.25 % in MM for Coheed and Cambria (66 week), with new rules it will be 99.25% and he must win, so as it really more cool result then 98% by Fracnoel19

If Accuracy >98% in MM then summary =100% - A song learned :)

P.s. Or maybe +3%

P.p.s Or maybe for different classes of songs difierrent +%:

Beg -0%

Int +1%

Adv+2%

MC+3%

Or yet variant:

Summary Accuracy = % Accuracy + (Rate a Song)/3

An example a song Super Collider have rate 7, so if play it in MM summary accuracy will be %Accuracy+2.3%

About the suboptimal elements or features of RS - we must be aware that there is noone on earth who uses this software more than the people here and i am confident that the ubi guys are watching thorougly for needed changes for a new ver....

The MM +2 or so would make sense though very mixed feelings because taking my situation in account - trying to compete in all 3 paths, 7-10 hours a week hardly will allow the needed time for solid MM runs...

If the question was: give it a try or not - yes!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

About low tunings....i'm experimenting and discovering new ways of making customs. What i discovered is that i can use the Multipitch effect to make tones that emulates the low tuning, and i can do CDLC with those tones, and you don't have to tune down. I will keep testing and see how they work on a finished CDLC 

• Like 8

9A7alLl.jpg

Rate/3 won't work, as ratings are fluid, can change with time, unless we'll be doing this + bonus MM % when week ends, but this can make difficult to see for participants. Depending on class (Beg = 0%, Int = 1%, etc.) can be good idea.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@Rodman if you have not enough time for practice, big chance that you lose challenge. Also you can concentrate on one path, for win, other for fun. By way those who spend a lot time for practice in MM, anyway getting less accuracy , because have not tips - notes. it hard and need more time for learning, no sense to play in MM  for WC if there not any bonus, never win in your class. +2-3 % it give sense.

I'm hoping this weeks Advanced track won't get marked as Advanced in the ratings at the end of the week and will be classed as a high intermediate instead as I like practicing it and I like sharing my scores for it. I'm beginning to work on it in MC too as it's not got too many tangents :)

For the now, updated Hard score attack. worse accuracy, better score though.... would prefer the former to be better ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=393365946

• Like 4

About low tunings....i'm experimenting and discovering new ways of making customs. What i discovered is that i can use the Multipitch effect to make tones that emulates the low tuning, and i can do CDLC with those tones, and you don't have to tune down. I will keep testing and see how they work on a finished CDLC 

you can also pitch the audio before using it for a custom....if it is not too much to pitch.... so you can stay tuned in E standard.

I think with a pitch shifter you cannot get any clear sounds. For note recognition I don't know, but emu-bass also works fine.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I meant to say I'm practicing the advanced track in master mode, not MC :) oops

• Like 2

you can also pitch the audio before using it for a custom....if it is not too much to pitch.... so you can stay tuned in E standard.

I think with a pitch shifter you cannot get any clear sounds. For note recognition I don't know, but emu-bass also works fine.

I was testing it and i'm looking a way to take out that damn vibrato sound it makes with higher notes. Because with the settings i got, it sounds great, but the vibrato ruins everything

9A7alLl.jpg

Time to break into the songs I've never heard! Sightreads, go!

http://i.imgur.com/6ilKhWX.jpg

:o I mean, I saw this was the masterclass, but I did not expect shredding of this magnitude, especially with the unassuming album art! Songs like this remind me how long a journey I've still got ahead of me if I really want to melt people's faces.

http://i.imgur.com/rkND8rJ.jpg

New Megadeth bores me to tears. :(  I loved Dave in his thrash days, but I haven't enjoyed anything he's made in over a decade, this included. Probably going to focus on other songs this week.

• Like 1

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!