Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 69

Mortalo

Newb wants to play too.

I've only been playing RS for just over a year, and bass for only half of that. I've been working on Stir It Up for a few weeks, so I might have to jump up a level from beginner

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394541284

• Like 7

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

@@Shiroo --

Update to Exo Politics is nice, felt solid throughout on bass.  Should have gone straight to Score Attack:

2015-02-18_085720.jpg

Good fit for advanced, especially with the difficulty 6 rating and therefore exempt from leveling.  Release the hounds, full speed ahead, no-holds barred rumble for 100% at Advanced Bass!  (and consequence free, no fear of level up)

• Like 5

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Newb wants to play too.

I've only been playing RS for just over a year, and bass for only half of that. I've been working on Stir It Up for a few weeks, so I might have to jump up a level from beginner

Welcome aboard and that's a hell of a first entry!  100% Master Mode  B)  /stylin'

Milkman Dan

Newb wants to play too.

Welcome aboard and that's a hell of a first entry!  100% Master Mode  B)  /stylin'

Thanks.  I've been working on that song anyways so I had a head start.  I think I'm going to jump to Exo Politics because Canon Rock is just "not to my liking" (meaning "I just can't stand it" but personal taste is entirely personal).  I'll decide on whether to focus on intermediate or advanced next week.

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Newb wants to play too.

Thanks.  I've been working on that song anyways so I had a head start.  I think I'm going to jump to Exo Politics because Canon Rock is just "not to my liking" (meaning "I just can't stand it" but personal taste is entirely personal).  I'll decide on whether to focus on intermediate or advanced next week.

Welcome to the fray.

My only interest is playing a few nights a week, posting scores Saturday morning, watching @NoonyDeloony 's videos, and replying when I get called out. Whatever else you want to do is fine with me. :)

Remember: Also the rest of the bass players is happy with how it is, i think i can speak for us advancies and if you ask e.g. @@punchyrumble i bet there are gonna be no complaints either..

• Like 4

F$%ken chord recognition issues  :angry:. Feels like i'm loosing 3 or 4% just from the random chord misses. I've got the solo down fairly well, but until i figure out why i'm having chord issues i've got little chance of scoring any higher.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pls31ir2fvrmz3e/2015-02-18_00001.jpg?dl=0

• Like 4

That chords are killing. I already got 100% on full speed in RR on solo few times, but this chords... and that D 2nd fret bends. Yesterday I had run when I did not hit single one, and one try before I missed it just few times, mostly making them.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Welcome! @@2groggy Great you are here!

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

That chords are killing. I already got 100% on full speed in RR on solo few times, but this chords... and that D 2nd fret bends. Yesterday I had run when I did not hit single one, and one try before I missed it just few times, mostly making them.

Yeah, especially the F chord - everytime the sequence comes to sight i already was shivering if its gonna show some shiny misses ...

Though this practice had something good for me: obviously i was pushing (just) the 1st fret too hard with my index finger - when checking the chord in pause-menu tuner on perfect tuning i always got a full Gb (!), after readjusting my pressure its a straight F and the misses are less....

Might  be a lol for most out here, but some players around my class might wanna recheck that too...

• Like 4

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Allright..... last attempt to satisfy the bass mc masters from my side:

You have to add bass only song to the same cell (using enter, or pasting only songs name). You can't add just guitar-only or bass-only, you need to add both in the same cell (row). Otherwise that'll be too much unclean. So yours J Cash - Hurt is not working.

:P

Metallica - Anesthesia, pulling teeth (BASS Only)

has been added to SSL together with

Johnny Cash - Hurt (GUITAR Only)

http://i58.tinypic.com/rac9cx.jpg

please comment on bass diff!

I hope its ok that way?!?!

Maybe we can add bass/guitar only tracks marked # and greyed until someone teams up and adds the missing part ?

• Like 1

It does flow better but I kinda preferred the other version with that variable neck position. It felt like I was contributing to the melody more but that's just me, I like a bit of movement up and down the neck. Will give it a bash in MM... bit whicked off as I'd almost nailed the original chart ;) but hohum...

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/526130436705715209/8DF75213B5E2F79EABD18180DB26C9A101510514/

• Like 4

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

It does flow better but I kinda preferred the other version with that variable neck position. It felt like I was contributing to the melody more but that's just me, I like a bit of movement up and down the neck. Will give it a bash in MM... bit whicked off as I'd almost nailed the original chart ;) but hohum...

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/526130436705715209/8DF75213B5E2F79EABD18180DB26C9A10151051You are still hitting the same notes

We are still hitting the same notes. It is just charted more efficiently now. And I agree, I spent a lot of time doing it the other way first and almost had it nailed.

• Like 1

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/526130436705715209/8DF75213B5E2F79EABD18180DB26C9A10151051You are still hitting the same notes

We are still hitting the same notes. It is just charted more efficiently now. And I agree, I spent a lot of time doing it the other way first and almost had it nailed.

Aye I know it's the same notes but I feel fancy when moving my hands around :D heheh

• Like 1

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Maybe we can add bass/guitar only tracks marked # and greyed until someone teams up and adds the missing part ?

No, I want to keep this up as one member selection, not cumulative. It's 4 classes, 4 participants song being selected. That would keep it clear, otherway that would be way too messy (at least for me). You can use ask other participants to help you with selecting remaining song.

Right now if you have more then one selection in a class, it's still counts as one, later I'm randomly selecting which of your selections is going to be picked (that way I want to prevent spamming one class with one participant, yeah I remeber the past).

Ok, in the end, I can allow that, tough it will count as one.

Look closely to this John Cash - Hurt proposal by Rodman. It has no bass, 'cause there is no bass in the song. Something like Metallica - No Remorse is not eligible, 'cause only cdlc lacks bass, song itself has one.

I hope I'm clear, it's really bad day for me.

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Metallica - Anesthesia, pulling teeth (BASS Only)

has been added to SSL together with

Johnny Cash - Hurt (GUITAR Only)

http://i58.tinypic.com/rac9cx.jpg

please comment on bass diff!

I had that song in my DLC folder (as a bass dude and big Metallica fan), but I think I've only ever tried it twice.  I learned the intro/few opening bars many years ago before Rocksmith was a thing, but didn't get far into the song at all.

Anyway, I loaded it up again just to see what would happen.  At 75% speed through the whole song, I got 86% accuracy.  At full speed, I bet that would drop to 70%ish, but I didn't actually try that yet.  :)

There are other songs that I might struggle to get 70% accuracy in at full speed, or 85% with RR slowdown.  Like some of the Rush stuff, Black Betty is pretty damn hard, Muse Hysteria, etc.  But Anesthesia is right up there for hardest sustained difficulty through a whole song of anything that I've ever tried.  To me, it is a legit 10.  I'm sure someone could argue for it being a 9 by naming songs that are harder.  But if anyone wants to try to argue it out of legit Master Class Difficulty of 9-10 ... they are going to have an uphill battle, and I'd LOVE to see them put money where their mouth is and play it while making it look easy.

If selected for MC Bass, I hereby predict an over/under accuracy of 96% for the week's winner.  B)

• Like 1

Milkman Dan

Horrible headache whole day through - argh, i am really happy this only happens once in 2-3 years, ......

+ on lead

http://i61.tinypic.com/35b5hty.jpg

• Like 6

• Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Aye I know it's the same notes but I feel fancy when moving my hands around :D heheh

Oh, no.  I like string skipping! :D

• Like 1

So am I allowed to pick a bass only song now, or is that only if it has no guitar part to the song (rather than just no guitar part included in the DLC)?

Sorry if that makes no sense.  I've been in court all day (found NOT GUILTY!), so on the beer early.

• Like 3

better, man if i just didnt fxx up the solo in this run :)

http://i58.tinypic.com/fdsy69.jpg

• Like 7