Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We're in the middle of finishing up Ignition4 development and need your help with donations to keep our development services running. The goal also pays for our servers & other CF services we use. Any amount helps: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 10 (Aug) [Special Tool Edition] w/ New Ignition Preview

Photo

Booze Mega-thread!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Offline   Brogner

Brogner

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • 132 thanks

Tanqueray and just about any mixer that goes with it.

I have a 30+ year old bottle of Vermouth that makes the smoothest martini you'll ever have.  Mix that with the Tanqueray  mmmmmmm.

As for beers, the darker the better.  Never could see the appeal of Budweiser in this country.

Offline   Bornwild

Bornwild

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • 34 thanks

Steam Profile

• Rookie - Offline
    Since: May 08 2016 07:46 PM
    20.2 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Donator

Laugh if you want but I am a commited Coors light drinker. Drinking about 15 years now and wont switch. :eek:

Drink about 2 cases a week.

:wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted
So I became an Asshole. :D

Offline   ArnoldRimmer

ArnoldRimmer

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • 40 thanks

Southern Comfort

Offline   Olorin

Olorin

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • 14 thanks

I Love Faxe

Offline   devindog23

devindog23

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • 19 thanks

Donator

Can't forget Racer 5. It's like 8.5 alc %. Watch out! o_O

Offline   devindog23

devindog23

Touring Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • 19 thanks

Donator

Laugh if you want but I am a commited Coors light drinker. Drinking about 15 years now and wont switch. :eek:   Drink about 2 cases a week.

Not laughing, crying. Wishing better beer on you.

Offline   Olorin

Olorin

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • 14 thanks

Faxe has 10 alc % and come to you in 1 l or 1/2 l cans

Offline   engleg

engleg

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • 57 thanks

Donator

Faxe has 10 alc % and come to you in 1 l or 1/2 l cans

I had a great time trying out as many German beers as I could when I was there for a couple of weeks during Oktoberfest in 1993.

My younger brother who was living close to Freising introduced me to Hofbrauhaus Freising Huber Weisses.

To this day I still think that it is the best beer that I have ever tasted.

Offline   SkepticSquid

SkepticSquid

Ex-Staff Member

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • 15 thanks

For cider, I LOVE Rekorderlig and I love myself a bit of Grey Goose. ;)

NOW OFFERING 1-ON-1 LESSONS ON HOW TO CREATE CDLC.

Offline   PC Plum

PC Plum

Guitar God

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • 827 thanks

Jeese, where to begin...

Lets just say that I can remember about 4 or 5 trips to A and E...

Once I had to go to A and E for a football (soccer!) related injury, I was so proud of myself :)

Offline   noahfence

noahfence

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • 2 thanks

Greatest drunk thing ever.

Yesterday for the first time I saw "Drunk History".  For those unfamiliar, they get someone absolutely blasted, and then film them discussing a historical topic.  (Al Capone, Billy the Kid, the Gold Rush, etc..etc..etc)

Then they show the typical reenactment you'd come to expect from the History Channel, only the actors are mouthing the words that the shitfaced narrator are saying.

The actors in the reenactment part are typically well-known.  Jack Black, The Wilsons (Played the Kellogg brothers) Tina Fey, etc.

I'd go to youtube and search for drunk history Lincoln Assassination.

It gets better as YOU drink, too.

Offline   smirocsmo

smirocsmo

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • 712 thanks
unfortunately I almost do not drink beer/alcohol :lol: :lol: (maybe few times per year only on very special events) :lol: After testing I found out one time that after drinking a little bit of wine I got about 15% less accuracy in playing CDLC's :lol: :lol:
:) my 140 Customs + Workshop are here:
http://customsforge....dated-december/

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

I've pretty much given up drinking now. I used to have a bit of a problem with drink which started when I had a breakdown whilst I was at University aged 21. I was drinking 15-20 pints a day every day. Had to leave Uni  because I had problems with my grant and was also homeless for a few weeks and stayed with friends until I got somewhere sorted out.

I then started working behind the bar in a biker's pub and continued to drink, by that time I had increased my intake by 5 pints on average. Was there for about 10 years and hate to think about how much damage I've done lololol

Haven't got any embarrassing stories though because I'm a pretty sensible drunk lol. The only thing I can think of is that I agreed in front of witnesses to wear a French Maid's outfit for my band's first gig!

I haven't completely given up but it's VERY rare that I drink, and when I do it's only a couple of pints at the most.

When I was at my peak I could quite happily go on drinking sessions lasting 24-36 hours without sleep and without drugs to keep me going. :shock:

Offline   tRIACTIs

tRIACTIs

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks

So cute when americans talk about beer :lol: :lol: :lol: No offense! But on my vacation last year in the US the best beer I drank was "Tyskie" (polish) but also Sam Adams was ...well... drinkable for your defense. I really don't want to attack someone and everybody has it's own taste and that's ok! My fault is that I was born in poland and grow in germany, both are huge "beer nations", so I'm very sophisticated concerning beer. And let me tell you: the (probably) best beer in the world is "Rothaus Tannenzäpfle"!

About other alcoholics: I love "Hendricks Gin", heady french wine and single malt scotch... everything in moderation of course ;)

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

All these drinks sound a bit posh to me...I like the simple life, give me a plain old Guinness every time lol

Offline   Damage

Damage

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • 6 thanks

Stone Brewing makes epic beers.  Arrogant Bastard has already been mentioned and is phenomenal but also look for Ruination IPA.  

Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA is great.

Lagunitas Maximus is also new favorite.

so many other good IPAs out there.  If you like beer, do yourself a favor and find a specialty shop and try some of the different microbrews.

Offline   mjmiller1824

mjmiller1824

Medium Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • 0 thanks

Dude anyone who says America isn't a beer nation is drinking in the wrong places. There are so many microbrews that are awesome and generally available . If you think American beer is just "OK" at this point you either are drinking the mass market crap from the big 5 or so (you think Sam Adams is drinkable? That's just America's warm up act at this point.) or haven't been to America since the 90s when the situation WAS very sad. This beer snobbery from Europe has got to stop. I've drank beer from Poland and Germany. It's OK. It's better than the Korean beer. But when I'm back in the US you come see me, we'll go to Colorado and I'll show you what Europe is missing. Btw of the top 10 beers on Beer Advocate only 1 is from Europe at all. And it's number 8 on the list Trappist Westvleteren 12 from Brouwerij Westvleteren in Belgium. The other 9 are from the US. 

Offline   tRIACTIs

tRIACTIs

Beginner Guitarist

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks

Exactly the reaction I expected for my skit. Fun's over when we talk about beer... I was last year my first time there and know about the massively growing microbrew szene. My brother in law is actually microbrewer and give us a taste of his most popular brews... so I absolutly know what I'm talking about. And of course I tasted all the mass market crap. How else should I learn what the nation drinks? Microbrews are not representative due to their regional limitations. Same for Beer Advocate - c'mon, it's an american community.

BTW: the best selling beer in germany is crap as well ;)

Please also take care on my most important statement:

[...]

I really don't want to attack someone and everybody has it's own taste and that's ok![...]

Taste is nothing you can argue about!

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

Has anyone tried brewing their own..? Was thinking about giving it a go at some point.

Offline   mjmiller1824

mjmiller1824

Medium Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • 0 thanks

Yeah gloves are off, I'm not arguing taste, I get taste. But when you say

So cute when americans talk about beer :lol: :lol: :lol: No offense! But on my vacation last year in the US the best beer I drank was "Tyskie" (polish) but also Sam Adams was ...well... drinkable for your defense. I really don't want to attack someone and everybody has it's own taste and that's ok! My fault is that I was born in poland and grow in germany, both are huge "beer nations", so I'm very sophisticated concerning beer. And let me tell you: the (probably) best beer in the world is "Rothaus Tannenzäpfle"!

Saying no offense doesn't mean I'm not going to be offended. I am proud of American beer and yes I think your attitude is as big a problem as anything or maybe it's a language barrier. "So cute"? My god what a patronizing statement. I know beer. I love beer. I probably know more about beer than the vast majority of people. I can describe the chemical processes of beer production to you in detail. Saying that Germany and Poland make better beer than the US is like saying Germany and the US make better cars than the Japanese when they objectively don't. And your argument about beer advocate being an American site is just a strawman argument. The people on the site care about beer and many of them often go to great lengths to track down beer from outside of the country. If it sucks? They'll let you know. If it's good? Many of them will pay top dollar to get more. And while we're on the subject,  I've had Tyskie. Its not very good, sort of a burnt caramel flavor. Too much corn and although the style usually has a moderate to low bitterness anyway it's just too sweet to be a good example of a Pale Euro Lager. And at almost 20% of the Polish market I'm going to say it's just what you're used to. And I don't mean like "It's a good beer" thick, it had ok lacing on the sides but that underlying sweetness had a very corn syrup taste to it. And the idea that you have sophisticated beer taste? A statement like that after calling American's talk about beer "cute" implies that others on here don't. I'm going to assume that this is either a language barrier or you're just trolling and it's working because god I don't get pissed off like this over much but for fuck sake this is European arrogance at it's best right here.