Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 551

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 551 =-

=> How and Why join the Championships?
=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Previous' week Winners are:

Lead:
- Beginner: @lowender (96)
- Intermediate: @direct3r (87)
- Advanced: @Amisslamb44 (99.6)
- Masterclass: @RaZrShReD (93)
- God of Guitar: @RaZrShReD (97)

Rhythm:
- Beginner: @lowender (96)
- Intermediate: @direct3r (95)
- Advanced: @Mikson (93.42)
- Masterclass: @Amisslamb44 (99.73)
- God of Rhythm: @RaZrShReD (98.69)

Bass:
- Beginner: LOST TROPHY
- Intermediate: @AndreCardoso (99.26)
- Advanced: @Mikson (99.04)
- Masterclass: @pedropmf (99.28)
- God of Bass: @lowender (98.89)

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Green Day - Dilemma (3.5^) (Drop D) selected by @ kayteck
Intermediate: The B-52's - Love Shack (4.5) (E Standard) selected by @ Daz40
Advanced: Meat Puppets - Backwater (6.5) (E Standard) selected by aNDESmASAMUNE
Masterclass: Santana - Jingo (8) (E Standard) selected by @ HollyMakrell

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Green Day - Dilemma (3.5^) (Drop D) selected by kayteck
Intermediate: The B-52's - Love Shack (5*) (E Standard) selected by Daz40
Advanced: Meat Puppets - Backwater (6) (E Standard) selected by aNDESmASAMUNE
Masterclass: Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick (7.5) (E Standard) selected by Daz40

Bass Path:
Beginner: Meat Puppets - Backwater (2.5) (E Standard) selected by aNDESmASAMUNE
Intermediate: The B-52's - Love Shack (5*) (E Standard) selected by Daz40
Advanced: Mac Miller - What's the Use (7.5^) (E Standard) selected by @ dartvader7177
Masterclass: Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick (8.5) (E Standard) selected by Daz40

(N) - difficulty rating
(N*) - highest difficulty rating for the class (promotion to higher class possible)
(N^) - difficulty rating higher than the highest for the class (promotion possible)

Check current week Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here
NEW! - easly add songs even on your mobile!:
Add Song Suggestion

Song Suggestions List available to view here: Google Sheets Spreadsheet

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police: 2groggy
Edited by aNDESmASAMUNE
Winners list updated!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 9

🎶🎸🌏🌎🌍 WELCOME TO THE WORLD WIDE ROCKSMITH CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK 551 🌏🌎🌍🎸🎶

🎙️🔊 ARE YOU READY??!!!

YEEEEAAAAAH!! 🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩

🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩

---
As always, it is with great pleasure that I am hosting this week!!!
I hope you like the selection and enjoy the week. 

A few comments about the diff ratings of the songs:
= Green Day / Dilemma > This song was suggested as a begginer song, but I thought it was a bit harder than usual, so that is why I gave it 3.5.
= Meat Puppets /    Backwater > Long time ago I added this song thinking it was intermediate, but @mikson changed it to advance. I trust @mikson ratings more than myself! After checking the song, I think he was right, as usual!
= Ian Dury & The Blockheads / Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick > This song was added as an advance song for rhythm and bass, but I though both deserved to be in masterclass, specially the bass. 

Let me know what you think about the ratings! Any other random comments about the songs are very much welcome!

Have fun!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

cool week!

20240511183140-1.jpg
20240511183617-1.jpg
dont usually tend to enjoy newer songs from bands but this one was pretty good although the chorus does seem very familiar so maybe thats why i enjoyed it
20240511184302-1.jpg
iconic song!!  though i think mustve grown up with a shortened version /edit cause it felt like it dragged on more than i remembered it.
20240511185903-1.jpg
not too sure how to play the upper half of the guitar part...find the bend kinda awkward not used to bending double stops like that not sure how i would either xD so if anyones got tips thatd be nice. cause usually i just bend the string that is on the thicker string not the thinner one..
20240511190640-1.jpg
20240511192806-1.jpg
never knew the name to this song but ive heard it alot and seen the videos of them playing it on yt feed a bit. glad to play it got a good bass line. the upper riff caught me offguard but its doable with practice..and the rest of the song is pretty easy.
20240511193722-1.jpg/
this one also seemed doable but i did a bad job at eye sight.

20240511194150-1.jpg
20240511194937-1.jpg
i think this one is easier too 99+ than the love shack one for rhythm path (altho thats cause i dont get how to play love shack)

20240511195442-1.jpg
solo seems to be straight forwardish but a couple of bends so well see later on if i can up it

• Like 10

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

First results:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Failed a note right at the end...

This one will test my resiliency with all those alternating 1st and 3rd frets on different strings (my hand starts to ache at the middle of the song)

Seems doable to me.

• Like 8

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Thx @ aNDESmASAMUNE  great songs!

My Dad died all of a sudden last week. Saddest days of my life. I´ll try to give the songs a shot what will serve as some sort of distraction hopefully, and i´ll be around, but surely less in the next weeks and i won´t be on top of my performance orgawise eventually.

Rod.

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

16 minutes ago, Rodman said:

My Dad died all of a sudden last week. Saddest days of my life. I´ll try to give the songs a shot what will serve as some sort of distraction hopefully, and i´ll be around, but surely less in the next weeks and i won´t be on top of my performance orgawise eventually.

Rod.

So sorry to hear about your dad, my thoughts are with you and your family.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Rodman said:

Rod.

My condolences for your loss. I wish you peace and comfort in this period of grief.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rodman said:

Rod.

Sad News man we are all grateful for the work you do here, take as much time as you need, And Condolences  to you and your family.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Rodman said:

Rod.

Oh my god, I am very saddened to know about your irreparable loss. My deepest and heartfelt condolences. Please take your time. And we are very grateful for all the hours of enjoyment here in the Championship!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Rodman said:

Rod.

It's a very sad news for me too. My condolences to you and your family. Please take your time you need.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Rodman said:

Rod.

My condolences go out to you as well. Words often fail and fall short of anything meaningful in situations like this, however I do hope you can find peace in the time that follows.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2024 at 12:43 PM, Rodman said:

Rod.

So sorry to hear Rod. My condolences to you and your family. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1