Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 532 - 2023/2024 NEW YEAR'S EVE CELEBRATION!

20 hours ago, Mikson said:

It's good to see you again, I remember that you were one of the championship organizers when I joined them in 2020. Then after a few months or a year you disappeared. Are you saying you live on Ascension Island? An interesting place to live in the middle of the ocean, but is there anything you can do there for a long time apart from tourism? 🙂

Not really, just Fishing and Scuba Diving, But now i have the Championship!!

I'm here 10 months of the year so i have to make the most of it,

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Mikson said:

Ah, another year is over!

It's a good thing I didn't win all the paths in the advanced class again like last year, because it was getting a bit boring. 😆 Also, I don't think I would be the best participant, the key is just to be regular. So congratulations to @ LuZifeR for being regular enough and deservedly winning in the lead path. In the bass path @ jellisjenius  probably would have won if he hadn't withdrawn from the championship at some point.

By the way, I wonder where @ coldrampage  has gone. He has been very active for as long as I remember, he was also a moderator, and he has not logged in since September 29. Really strange. 🤔

I'm doing fine, just done with this mismanaged hellsite. Lost all faith in those running this place.

There are a bunch of smaller issues that led up to this (like the absolute lack of communication, sheer incompetence with running a site of this size and unwillingness to adapt to changes) but the straw that broke the camels back was arbitrarily censoring what songs people can upload based on totally unbiased views (and wasn't just done for the money either ;) ).

Banning a whole list of artists, mocking them in private, mass deleting all their customs and not even mentioning it with an announcement on the forum (or even informing the creators that their works were removed) or providing a list in the cdlc guidelines for people to follow is bloody absurd. They show absolutely no care to the creators who make up the backbone of their platform since it's the streamers who directly contribute to their revenue.

If this change ever gets reverted (which it won't), I wouldn't mind returning someday but eh.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

6 minutes ago, coldrampage said:

f this change ever gets reverted (which it won't), I wouldn't mind returning someday but eh.

You have to do what is right by you, and stick to your principals. You do you and what is right, correct, and moral by you. Missed having you and your big ole brain around, but you have to do you. If you don't, then you have nothing.

• Like 5

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

hard! cool.

46885048ij.jpg

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

lil +

46885085gg.jpg

• Like 3

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

nice to play those 2

46885124an.jpg

46885125up.jpg

• Like 3

they made quite a show at the ESC

46885155le.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, coldrampage said:

I'm doing fine, just done with this mismanaged hellsite. Lost all faith in those running this place.

There are a bunch of smaller issues that led up to this (like the absolute lack of communication, sheer incompetence with running a site of this size and unwillingness to adapt to changes) but the straw that broke the camels back was arbitrarily censoring what songs people can upload based on totally unbiased views (and wasn't just done for the money either ;) ).

Banning a whole list of artists, mocking them in private, mass deleting all their customs and not even mentioning it with an announcement on the forum (or even informing the creators that their works were removed) or providing a list in the cdlc guidelines for people to follow is bloody absurd. They show absolutely no care to the creators who make up the backbone of their platform since it's the streamers who directly contribute to their revenue.

If this change ever gets reverted (which it won't), I wouldn't mind returning someday but eh.

Good to know you're okay! As a somewhat involved user of this website, I had no idea about the things you were writing about, it doesn't sound good. 😕 It's very bad that our CDLC can be removed without giving a reason and we don't even know about it unless we check it ourselves...

• Like 5

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!
hope you all had a nice celebration and hope we continue to get better at guitar/bass

v5mCbnv.jpgctVXB3C.jpgbassline for this song reminds me of a 2000s song that was popular and always on the radio but i couldnt find itctvjtxh.jpg

lOOLWAW.jpg
tricky song but funKMIWgyT.jpg5qrqlBN.jpg
good to see eddie van halens sons band hereulYKAr1.jpg

very interesting to see metal + electronic reimerge again. it used to be what i grew up listening to..used to be called post hardcore. but its good brings memoriesnO7CZmF.jpg
didnt know they still made music pretty neatLUoESAU.jpg
by far my favorite song of this week even if its not usualy what id listen to. really fun to play and not too fast so its doable with practice imoTdQ7zVn.jpgglad to see metallica in lower difficulties. also always interesting to see what notes the bass player mimics the guitar player and which ones he doesntyxR1Qbr.jpgp8QjiSP.jpg

• Like 4

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

🎶🎸🪩CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT!!!!🪩🎸🎶

YEEAHH!!! 🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the songs. 

I sincerely whish you a great year in 2024!!!

---

...OMG! It's the week I am hosting and I lost two days trying to fix my bass! 😵

I opened my bass for the fist time and succeeded in getting rid of the noise in the pots... but still after playing it for a while it started to make strange noises... After two days of research and trying many things including the settings in Rocksmith, long story short, I have an active bass and havent changed the battery since 2018 or so!!! 🤣 (It's remarkable that the battery still plays OK for half an hour before getting crazy) I love my Ibanez SR, and it sems we still have a long journey ahead! 

---

...Anyway, after the bass is back, I did tons of RR for bass Masterclass. My daugther loves this song (Kura Kura), so  I am really motivated to play it, but it is beyond my level!! 😅 Not really happy with my score so far...

I should add that I like very much this trend in Japan that they ask actual bands to make soundtracks for animes, because children are growing up listening music played by good musicians. You may like the song or not, but as you see the music is really crafted and actually difficult to play and sing. 

OK, so here is my progress... After two hours of RR, I suddenly lost concentration (I don't think is because of the beers 😁), so not so happy wit the final score...

PvDZnC8.png

C8JxRKF.png

I dont understand I only achieved 82% and sill I ahd a streak of 254... It didnt feel like that. 🙃

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

I am hosting and I lost two days trying to fix my bass! 😵

I opened my bass for the fist time and succeeded in getting rid of the noise in the pots... but still after playing it for a while it started to make strange noises.

Yea batteries wouldve been the first thing i would have changed, glad you fixed it! surprised you havent had to change batteries since that long xD i feel like my bass always drains it even when unplugged.

not too sure why your pics says mastery % yet the skyline is purple. but grats on the streak!

• Like 2

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

Rhythm time

I like this song, I also like the tones used in this CDLC even if they are a bit harsher than heard in the original.

20240103200733-1.jpg

Even funny

20240103201751-1.jpg

I liked QotSA older albums more, but that could be it.

20240104191540-1.jpg

Similarly in Metallica, nothing from the new album captivates me, I would say that overall it is ok.

20240104192732-1.jpg

The chart is a bit crazy as it often happens in Japanese songs, some of the chords I didn't know and couldn't play.

20240104192011-1.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mikson said:

The Chart is a bit crazy as it often happens in Japanese songs, some of the chords I didn't know and couldn't play.

I'm RRing it a lot to learn it... and I've discovered that the chart misses so many details, so it could be harder!

see this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, avastreg said:

I'm RRing it a lot to learn it... and I've discovered that the chart misses so many details, so it could be harder!

see this

Good luck, one attempt is enough for me, because I won't learn it now anyway. 😆