Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 501

Wow 2x 100% and once over 99.5% in the song Madness. This is madness! 😁 I left diff rating 7 as it was in the selection sheet, but now I don't know if it should be 6.5 or you guys are that good. @ aNDESmASAMUNE  @ Hyphema  @ BubbleWrapDragon  Do you think that the diff 7 is too much and you prefer to stay in the advanced class or someone wants to be promoted to the masterclass?

19 minutes ago, Mikson said:

Wow 2x 100% and once over 99.5% in the song Madness. This is madness! 😁 I left diff rating 7 as it was in the selection sheet, but now I don't know if it should be 6.5 or you guys are that good. @ aNDESmASAMUNE  @ Hyphema  @ BubbleWrapDragon  Do you think that the diff 7 is too much and you prefer to stay in the advanced class or someone wants to be promoted to the masterclass?

I'm still in the intermediate Bass class so I might not be able to gauge the difficulty well, but the madness song felt about the same difficulty as last week's 'She's Kerosene', which I also got close to 99.5% after several hours of grinding, just like this weeks song. 
For some of the amazing players here who might have just needed a couple of tries to get 100% there might be a whole different view on the difficulty😂

For the promotion, I would like to use the song to just level up to advanced if possible😊

• Like 1

Found I had some time and thought I'd try the Madness song but  it's going to need more time than I have so I did this one instead. Nobody will notice, right? Also, shout out to @ lowender , I hope I'm not the only one who has noticed those impressive numbers in Score Attack recently. It's helped me look again at my own playing more critically.

image.png.47ae92b3260162fd15c31869738aec91.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

cPb3QIE.jpg
Duu0Nss.jpg
really good begginner song. I think i like listening to the song more than playing it though.
rlXWWjZ.jpg
R3pcrtx.jpg
mYlDYc0.jpg
like i said last week, think this one is probably her best song (atleast compared to the ones one here) good tab glad to be able to play the guitar parts now thanks @ Mikson  
Another option to play the riff would be replacing the blue 5s with 0s on the next string  main riff
and then in the modulated part/ keychange towards the end its kinda like the cult of personality riff  you place middle finger on 3  then blue 5 orange 2 orange 5
but 0s do become kinda hard to see in rocksmith (atleast they throw me of...never liked open strings in gh either) sometimes string skipping can be harder aswell and it is more clear on the modulated place the way you tabbed it so kudos!
fBWN6eS.jpg
nice song i think i could 100 it but not sure if i have enough time

VXB7fSF.jpg

08EjnAc.jpg
 Mwhcnjg.jpg
Sweet! Another of my song suggestions got picked 😄 thanks!
Its probably the most watched music video for me/ memorable just cause they stage the guitarist playing the guitar with a bow in the violin solo hehe.
I do want to say the suggestions i made for 500 were mostly based on guitar fun to play...not really accuracy and dont think i tried bass on them.

Also this is a new file compared to the one i originally played.. think the old one got erased. this one seems better so thats good thanks @ Hameron !
i agree with the slides (also think atleast the last chord slide should be unpitched)
itd be nice if the solo was divided a bit more so that its easier to practice (think theres too much notes to remember/ practice the way it is)
i think the bass should probably follow the guitar riff more i dont hear the orange notes... heres a quick isolated bass track might help?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VWK_9w_YBRdMYR7vrNI2emN1NDh2vkqE/view?usp=sharing

fun week ty mikson
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VWK_9w_YBRdMYR7vrNI2emN1NDh2vkqE/view?usp=sharing
theres some harmonics missing on the rhythm path.

• Like 4

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

1 hour ago, cacahuate51 said:

cPb3QIE.jpg
Duu0Nss.jpg
really good begginner song. I think i like listening to the song more than playing it though.
rlXWWjZ.jpg
R3pcrtx.jpg
mYlDYc0.jpg
like i said last week, think this one is probably her best song (atleast compared to the ones one here) good tab glad to be able to play the guitar parts now thanks @ Mikson  
Another option to play the riff would be replacing the blue 5s with 0s on the next string  main riff
and then in the modulated part/ keychange towards the end its kinda like the cult of personality riff  you place middle finger on 3  then blue 5 orange 2 orange 5
but 0s do become kinda hard to see in rocksmith (atleast they throw me of...never liked open strings in gh either) sometimes string skipping can be harder aswell and it is more clear on the modulated place the way you tabbed it so kudos!
fBWN6eS.jpg
nice song i think i could 100 it but not sure if i have enough time

VXB7fSF.jpg

08EjnAc.jpg
 Mwhcnjg.jpg
Sweet! Another of my song suggestions got picked 😄 thanks!
Its probably the most watched music video for me/ memorable just cause they stage the guitarist playing the guitar with a bow in the violin solo hehe.
I do want to say the suggestions i made for 500 were mostly based on guitar fun to play...not really accuracy and dont think i tried bass on them.

Also this is a new file compared to the one i originally played.. think the old one got erased. this one seems better so thats good thanks @ Hameron !
i agree with the slides (also think atleast the last chord slide should be unpitched)
itd be nice if the solo was divided a bit more so that its easier to practice (think theres too much notes to remember/ practice the way it is)
i think the bass should probably follow the guitar riff more i dont hear the orange notes... heres a quick isolated bass track might help?

fun week ty mikson
theres some harmonics missing on the rhythm path.

I'm not sure when in the song you're referring to. It's possible it's a little different from the 1987 music video version. I mean, the ending did change (or is an alternate take from the studio remixed). Here's my isolated bass file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n1Zfzp22oYHqyQ6F850HKinAisV5YJvl/view

On 6/4/2023 at 12:45 AM, Hyphema said:

dc0F8Z8l.jpg

@ aNDESmASAMUNE Congratulations on a better score! I was going to be satisfied with *nearly* perfect even though I felt I could get to a flawless play; when I saw your post, it was a nice bit of inspiration/challenge! Thank you 😄

Thanks! I really do appreciate it. If you got 100% as well, then very well done!! I'm not virtuous enough to consciously hit the notes at the best timing, but rather I just had a good result by random chance in my struggle to play it right... 😅

Looking forward to more "epic battles" starting the ongoing week! 

• Like 1