Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 465

nlbsmglsk

3 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

You guys mean the octaves? Aren't octaves like bass playing  101?

Octaves may not be difficult if we hit them in a streak on eg 3-5 frets. They can also be difficult if the frets change quickly. Here I meant that part, but maybe you are right that it is not too difficult. Just when I played it a few times, I always got misses there.

20220918215447-1.jpg

34 minutes ago, Mikson said:

Octaves may not be difficult if we hit them in a streak on eg 3-5 frets. They can also be difficult if the frets change quickly. Here I meant that part, but maybe you are right that it is not too difficult. Just when I played it a few times, I always got misses there.

Can we agree on a 5 - 5.5?

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

On 9/18/2022 at 7:10 PM, nlbsmglsk said:

You guys mean the octaves? Aren't octaves like bass playing  101?

Octaves are not 101 imho, not something i've come across until now and i am definitely going to struggle on this. Compared with e.g. Blitzkrieg Bop there is a definite step up.

• Like 1

Octaves bass 201 confirmed. I feel it's a pretty standard technique though, depending on what genres you play.
Given how slides 201 is listed as intermediate it'd probably be fair to assume the same for this too but I doubt the rs lessons follow the championship rating system lol.
2ekEEFy.png
bjhL5Up.png
Other than that though the main tricky part of octaves is mostly the speed and I don't feel these are too fast but they might take some practice. Most of the first things tried to learn on bass were octave based though so I'm probably biased.

• Like 2

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

5 minutes ago, Bottledpat12 said:

JjIHnbVX_t.jpg

would you guys still count my score if i used a pitch shifter on the customs forge song manager next time we have a song thats in a different tuning from e standard

I use a digitech drop for all weird tunings.   I think it should be no issue at all, however, I am not sure if there is some official rule on this.