Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 391

Mikson

16 hours ago, MellonFarmer said:

I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of Camel.. That opening lick is really cool. Time to go digging through a catalog...

A classic of progressive rock! Recently I created a CDLC of their song Air Born, I recommend you to try it 😉

And when it comes to discographies, I think Mirage and Stationary Traveler are the most famous their albums, but each album will have a song that I like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orkkongen said:

I love the idea, but it seems to me, that it's the same version. It still asked me to tune to D-standard. 😞

This is the E-Standard version that I use for my guitar. It's just possible that it doesn't work for bass, because bass has custom tunning, so the program might not be able to change that...

• Sad 1

@meset Great score! Don't you think you should be on the masterclass level? 😉 At the advanced level, you get scores unachievable by the rest. Although I generally think there should be one more level between Advanced and Masterclass, the jump is too big.

My slight improvements:

20210415184907-1.jpg

20210417123355-1.jpg

20210419140700-1.jpg

• Like 3

When you post scores on Score Attack - Hard - do you post your highest points or highest percentage? One of the songs I'm doing - I got a higher numeric score but a lower percentage. Doing it over again a few times, I got a higher score by 2 percent, but lower in points. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, someotherbruce said:

When you post scores on Score Attack - Hard - do you post your highest points or highest percentage? One of the songs I'm doing - I got a higher numeric score but a lower percentage. Doing it over again a few times, I got a higher score by 2 percent, but lower in points. 

Score only matters if you tie someone in accuracy and streak. See rule #15 here: 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mobyte said:

Score only matters if you tie someone in accuracy and streak. See rule #15 here: 

I recall a dispute a few weeks ago, and I think the conclusion was, that the score only mattered when the accuracy was 100%. Not that it made any sense when looking at the rules here... but... simply put: first Accuracy, then streak and finally points. So always go with the highest accuracy, @someotherbruce.

And now I'm through with todays practice. Only a small improvement of the intermediate song... so now I down to one mistake, but annoyingly this time it was early on, where it just didn't recognize my playing. No problems with the more difficult parts... but tomorrow!

650E2495281F1689DE77B47097B89E4BA179CE6E

The bonus song did not have en improvement, but I had another go with the Camel. All those octave jumps... it reminds me of the Shewolf from earlier... where no one wanted to compete. 😛 I wonder why the accuracy can be higher than the mastery...? I understand, when I only play a small part of the song over and over, and never plays it through. But this time I played all of it (though one part more than the rest).

F564823760CECFC40B4B499A8D2CD02CB8BB84ED

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orkkongen said:

The bonus song did not have en improvement, but I had another go with the Camel. All those octave jumps... it reminds me of the Shewolf from earlier... where no one wanted to compete. 😛 I wonder why the accuracy can be higher than the mastery...? I understand, when I only play a small part of the song over and over, and never plays it through. But this time I played all of it (though one part more than the rest).

This is crucial. If you rewind part of the song and play it again, RS subtracts % from the final score. Also, you probably know that something like this is against fair-play rules, so your score cannot be saved 😕

@diceslinger

After a couple of hours of messing around with the settings, this is what I got. Next I need to experiment with a green screen and filters.

I'm using a Logitech C722 Pro camera, Rocksmith is in QHD resolution, camera capturing 720p 60fps. Need to disabled "audio exclusivity" in both Rocksmith and Windows sound devices for it to work. A 5 min recording is about 700 MB, and you need a relatively decent computer to do it. I'm doing it on an HP Zbook with a quad core i7, 32GB RAM and Quadro GPU, seems to be working ok but I saw occasional stutter in the video. Not sure why as my CPU is barely doing 50%, and the GPU is around 65% utilization.

• Like 4

I have probably played this song 20 times and the same 4 notes always register as a miss.  When I go into riff repeater (even at 100% speed) I hit all of them correctly.  Start LAS or SA and miss, miss, miss.  I feel like a broken record.  There are plenty of people posting 100% so it's obviously something messing up between my brain and fingers!  Oh well, I'm tired of turn, turn, turning.

dFot8DzR_t.png

• Like 2