Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 91

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@MaZtoR I think you must spent all free time at this week for practice with metronome and alternate picking at this phrase (or only scale pentatonic up-down). It really improve all your score on all next weeks. Need play with half speed at 150, some time run with full speed-150 for testing your gotted skill. Forget about score on time. I will do same.

I really would like to do that but I'm getting married this Saturday and we have a rather big party to prepare for, so i really don't have that much free time. And if i choose to spent my time with the guitar I'm pretty sure my soon to be wife would kill me. :D

aha, good to know :D  now we all will come on saturday to the party 

I was wondering what to do on weekend, but now..

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Gamut still exists?! Sometimes!

http://i.imgur.com/dJqI1WZ.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I like Tool, and this song is awesome, but this is a scoring nightmare. There's like four minutes of extremely easy riffs before the song even really gets going, and the only riff I struggled on is seven minutes into the nine minute track. I'll play this another 1-2 times max.

http://i.imgur.com/7Qe7BFa.jpg

First time hearing this, I only really know the title song off this album. Really fun riffs!

• Like 9

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

leader changes:

@ MC Rhy tied with @n3v ( :D freebird takin the lead :D )

on fire:

@@then3verend - 85pts MCBass

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

players listed: 127 (125)

@@Joey - you are falling off the boards - time for a comeback !? ;)

http://i61.tinypic.com/2dj9qqg.jpg

Have one helluva week - at least the temp is set for that.

Please take a look at your numbers - i cannot guarantee for anything under that unconditioned circumstances :excl: :)

• Like 5

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Gamut Guitar is working now? Very good. Fortunately replacing machine heads is easy. It's scary though, when one is breaking in your hands, and then you have to push it out because it stuck in the wood :wacko: Lesson learned - never put too thick strings :lol:

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday's progress - minimal progress, but progress.

Underwear on bass http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485872715

Sweet Dreams rhythm played on a bass tuned to open G http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485872725

Apparently straightening the truss rod tuning to open G,and nailing the intonation don't really help with chord recognition above the 12th fret.  I'd better find some interesting explanation to avoid the conclusion that the problem is actually my skill level.

I should probably get on with The Grunge before the week is gone.

• Like 4

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

I even have finished this, very unknown. For those who like weird stuff should try it :)

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

I even have finished this, very unknown. For those who like weird stuff should try it :)

Weird, unknown stuff! Sign me up!

Also, if any of the guitarists here could check Empyrium - The Shepherd and the Maiden Ghost out that would be a big help for me. It's a German (for you, @ neo-folk song that's guitar only (for you, @@Mortalo, @, @@Rodman  :P) that's simple and beautiful. I went past the tuning screen with a bass so I could see how it looks, but I couldn't test it out for real, so I don't know how well the tone fits, or whether it's volume is reasonable, or anything like that. A playthrough video would be greatly appreciated (at the very least, due a "Like" and "Thanks"), too.

And since we're playing Rush this week, I've also gotten started on the bass part of The Anarchist, which you can find in this folder. It's not 100% finished (I haven't done anything with slides/sustain lengths, and there are a few missing parts just before the chorus begins and in the fast part under the solo). There's also the GP file I made for it if anyone wants to make some edits or add the guitar tab (I think there's a text tab on UG). And I used the tone from Headlong Flight, but it doesn't sound meaty enough for this song. Any ideas on other tones to try?

Edit: Speaking of Rush, I noticed that the mp3 version of Clockwork Angels in on sale at Amazon (at least in the US) for $5. Pretty good deal, as it's probably one of their best albums.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@ Early:

@albatross213 I agree with Rodman here, makes more sense to fill just your ratings into the sheet than spamming around.

Many of my customs are also from unknown bands with just a few downloads, but if you just add them to the SSL one day they gonna be chosen, getting discussed and getting downloads. (Frippchen)

???  :D

• Like 1

Lead update & review:

i did some RR on the solo and i got some issues there,

firstly, the whole solo being one section is a little bit shitty, would be awesome to split it into

two/three.

I think on those bends in the beginning of the solos, some sort of pitch effect is used, i really doubt that its played bending the string

but im not sure on this one and i dont know how to improve that.

Bending Maniac

Forget this one, i was wrong and simply suck ;D

There are some notes missing here, and that D 15th fret should come in earlier.

Notes Missing

For notes im hearing something like this

|-12---------------12--------------------------------|  E-String

|-----15p12-15^-----15p12--15--17------------ | B-String

But im not 100% sure about these.

and this section of the solo

Out of Sync Beginning

is out of sync., as in the notes on the fretboard lag behind the audio.

its only this small part, starting on those slides on the b-string, and stops

when the open high-e is played into the bend on the A on the 17th fret.

Out of Sync Ending

But besides the solo, this cdlc is really good, and solos are hard to transcribe anyway.

Would be awesome if someone could check it out too, and hopefully

@@bernixix can make some imrpovements to his CDLC

And my new score:

Anthem Lead

cheers

• Like 5

It's good when you post this notes on cdlc page or send PM to charter. Not all are following Championship, and I know that they will appreciate any kind of feedback (as long as you're nice and polite ;) ).

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Yeah, thanks for your feedback @@Latsch ! ^_^ I'm all aware that the solo has still some improvement to be perfect (stated in the release notes), but I can tell you that compared to the gp file it came with it's a lot better now :) I already made some work on it but... since I don't play guitar I can't distinguish licks like the one you mentioned (which I agree it's missing but not sure about the notes you proposed).

Lead update & review:

i did some RR on the solo and i got some issues there,

firstly, the whole solo being one section is a little bit shitty, would be awesome to split it into

two/three.

and this section of the solo

Out of Sync Beginning

is out of sync., as in the notes on the fretboard lag behind the audio.

its only this small part, starting on those slides on the b-string, and stops

when the open high-e is played into the bend on the A on the 17th fret.

Out of Sync Ending

I was able to fix these - I believe! Improved solo version and its corresponding N-DD. If someone wants to test it and help fixing would be welcome as well B)

• Like 4

@ Early:

@albatross213 I agree with Rodman here, makes more sense to fill just your ratings into the sheet than spamming around.

Many of my customs are also from unknown bands with just a few downloads, but if you just add them to the SSL one day they gonna be chosen, getting discussed and getting downloads. (Frippchen)

???  :D

thanks Motive, but this followed

@@albatross213 @@Rodman I like idea post there some suggestion about own cdlc  unknown interesting bands. I think if use limitation:

suggestion only from charter with DHM or FBP, and only own cdlc, only not enough known bands it good and interesting. Some one find something new and may be add to SSL.

and this

The "problem" is that the vast majority uses the search for bands they know and wanna play, not to discover quality customs of unknown bands, but as said before - you are at the right place to spread the word!

so why I shouldn't use this option, too? I'm not planning to put this song on the SSL.

• Like 3

I like this one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKMlBFN3Fjcm04cms/view?usp=sharing

I like this one a lot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKeGdrV2NxZjkxQnc/view?usp=sharing

I think you know my feelings on this one...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKX2JGZDU3bnlUdlU/view?usp=sharing

And after Tool I didn't think Rush could be so bad:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKR242RUM5NkUwazQ/view?usp=sharing

And it's not.  All in all, I take it we're having a "hard" week, this week?  The beginner song is challenging, as is the inter, and well, erm, I'm finding advanced difficult because it seems to be a random selection of noise throughout the song. :)

• Like 6

Yeah, thanks for your feedback @@Latsch ! ^_^ I'm all aware that the solo has still some improvement to be perfect (stated in the release notes), but I can tell you that compared to the gp file it came with it's a lot better now :) I already made some work on it but... since I don't play guitar I can't distinguish licks like the one you mentioned (which I agree it's missing but not sure about the notes you proposed).

i saw that, and the solo isnt that badly charted, just wanted to point these things out, so  the CDLC in itself can be improved  ;)

I have a huge respect for all you charters!

I was able to fix these - I believe! Improved solo version and its corresponding N-DD. If someone wants to test it and help fixing would be welcome as well B)

I will have a look at it tomorrow!

cheers

• Like 3

Hello Hello there fellas !

So I updated Underwear, did all the changes @ mentioned, + added some of my own. I'm not quite sure about the Rhythm part, but If it's not good, use the 1.0 version. (I hope I did it correctly frip :P) I did wanted to leave it as it was, because I watched some of the gigs of theirs. And the singer (rhythm) don't play @ tab part. But nevertheless I did it. The bass has all the changes as mentioned. I played with the tone a bit and it sounds much better now.

As I said earlier I'm leaving tomorrow, so this is my last post this week. I outdone myself and I managed to get this score with the new version.

http://i.imgur.com/G8wjwK5.jpg

• Like 8

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

@@Shiroo what have you done? Are all chords now minor? :o

I just started the lead path and it was A#m C#m F#m D#m. worse than before if this continues. Sounds really wrong

needs A#m C# F# D#m

@@Shiroo what have you done? Are all chords now minor? :o

I just started the lead path and it was A#m C#m F#m D#m. worse than before if this continues. Sounds really wrong

needs A#m C# F# D#m

@ oh I didn't get you right. Thought you said all the chords should be in minor...

I'll upload new version asap

• Like 2

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

birdiescore for lead MC 

I also think a few small fixes esp in solo would do well, but nothing big. I'll check this tomorrow

http://up.picr.de/22613417rh.jpg

• Like 3

there's no 2.1, you already uploaded it?

it's there now, thanks