Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We're in the middle of finishing up Ignition4 development and need your help with donations to keep our development services running. The goal also pays for our servers & other CF services we use. Any amount helps: click here to donate.

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 10 (Aug) [Special Tool Edition] w/ New Ignition Preview

Photo

What was The 1st Record you bought? And first concert you went to?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Offline   RevT2

RevT2

Medium Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • 5 thanks

First album was Van Hallen on vinyl

First Concert was Ozzy Osborne Diary of a Madman tour

It's good to know that everyone I idolize at one time or another in their career was where I am right now.
Posted Image

Offline   ice9

ice9

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • 37 thanks

First Album:  Kiss - Double Platinum (I was like 7 I think - but even then, was into Gene Simmons and the bass)

First Concert:  Not including the various local "can't remember" bands, the first big stadium one was Jethro Tull on Halloween night, but more importantly, the second one was Megadeth, of course!

Offline   FuzzyMuff

FuzzyMuff

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • 6 thanks

1st record i bought was Kiss - Crazy nights single

1st Album GNR - Appetite for destruction 1st gig - Michael Jackson Bad tour (with parents)

1st gig of my Choice was Radiohead touring the bends. I been hooked since then and been going to gigs and festivals pretty much every year since

Offline   Liquidlizard

Liquidlizard

A Real Lizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • 418 thanks
  • Liquidlizard
  • PSN:Liquidlizar

Donator

First Album: Devils Got A New Disguise by Aerosmith

First Concert: Trans-Siberian Orchestra (It was kick-ass)

Second Concert: Sammy Hagar with Michael Anthony and Rival Sons

Offline   Izzy

Izzy

Such a pretty pretty princess that loves Nickleback!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • 76 thanks

I think my first record i bought was either Kiss: Destroyer, or the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever (i was 10.. dont judge me lol) .. first concert i went to was Ratt and Bon Jovi in 85 or 86

76561198043260236.png

Offline   AtGame7

AtGame7

Hardcore Guitarist

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 thanks

1st gig - Michael Jackson Bad tour (with parents)

That would have been my best kept secret for my entire life.

Offline   FuzzyMuff

FuzzyMuff

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • 6 thanks

1st gig - Michael Jackson Bad tour (with parents)

That would have been my best kept secret for my entire life.

haha come on, the music was pretty good while he was still black

Offline   dalenichol

dalenichol

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • 11 thanks

The first gig I ever attended was Robbie Williams with my dad and stepmum who were big fans :P

The first gig I went to on my own, well, with friends, was All American Rejects back when I was about 13/14. 

The first record I bought was apparently the first album by The Prodigy when I was 7 on casette tape. (My mum was a big fan) I'm not really sure what the first record that I consciously went out and bought was, given the age I was when I really started to get into music, it'd probably be something like Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park or Chocolate Starfish by Limp Bizkit

Offline   Birdassasin

Birdassasin

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • 13 thanks

Steam Profile

First record.... uhh..... Hybrid Theory from Linkin Park? Or Anthology from Alien Ant Farm? Not too sure, but probably either of those. First concert was Seether. Kinda meh experience, even though they are a decvent band. This year I went to see Soilwork with a couple of friends and that was a BLAST compared to Seether's.

Offline   Yippee38

Yippee38

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • 2 thanks

I'm pretty sure the first album I ever bought was Aerosmith Live Bootleg.  Or that may be the first hard rock album I bought.  If so, I probably bought a Beatles album before that (though i can't remember which was first).

First concert was called Rockfest at Arlington Park Racetrack in Arlington Heights, IL (suburb of Chicago) in 1982.  It had lots of music vendors there (instrument companies, etc.) and the bands included Eddie Money, The Knack, and Girlschool.  I was there to see Judas Priest though, on the Screaming for Vengeance tour.  I got a killer jersey too.  Since it was on Halloween, on the front, the Hellion is carrying a pumpkin and it says, "Trick or Treat Vengeance".  On the back, the Hellion is wearing a witches hat and riding a broom and it says, "Screaming for Halloween".  (though I may have them reversed)  I still have it, but now my wife wears it, and it's almost see-through.  :o

Offline   AndyHayes

AndyHayes

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • 9 thanks

first single - Dead end Kids - Come Right Back 1977  ( a cover of the 1964 song by the Honeycombs )  I was 10 years old

first album - Sex pistols - The Great Rock 'N' Roll swindle 1980 I would have been 12 years old Punk rock was on its way out

first Gig - Sigue Sigue Sputnik Bogiez Cardiff march 6th 1986

Offline   NoonyDeloony

NoonyDeloony

Hall of Fame Guitarist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • 24 thanks

Steam Profile

Rush 2112 when I was 11 or 12, my friend had introduced me to Rush Roll the Bones when that was released and I had to find more :) First gig was this  :) 1984, New Brighton Rock where a plethora of bands performed, I was 7 and this opened an addiction to concerts :) 

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube....yDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Offline   snowdog

snowdog

Day One Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 13 thanks

Donator

First record I bought was Michael Jackson's Off The Wall. A bit frightening and sad when you look at that LP cover and compare how he looked then to how he looked during the later periods of his life. That was one messed up but talented bloke.  :eek: :sad:

Offline   Attitude

Attitude

Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • 45 thanks

Donator

I guess a single counts. The first record I bought was a 45 of Eagles, I know one of the songs was Johnny Come Lately and I think the other was Life In The Fast Lane. I was,, 10 maybe ? The first concert I went to was with my older sister, Def Leppard with Europe opening.

oEDf6vQm.jpg  I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Offline   Goofiestbee

Goofiestbee

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • XBOX:o_Goofiestbee_o

First record was Vinyl Meet The Beatles.

First concert was Aerosmith. My favorite concert was Sir Paul McCartney in 05! :)

Offline   Raztax

Raztax

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
First album was Kiss Creatures of the Night, though Im not really much of a Kiss fan now. First concert was Guns n Roses opening for Iron Maiden back in 1987 I believe it was.

Offline   aldoussnow

aldoussnow

Medium Guitarist

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • XBOX:badassmthr4k
  • PSN:Maanbearpig
Album was probably warren g g funk era. First show was deftones. I was 15 around the fur just came out. Show actually didn't sell enough tickets so at last minute they moved it to a smaller venue down the street.

Offline   Absolution

Absolution

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • 2 thanks

First record probably was Six Feet Under: Maximum Violence and first concert was an Immolation one.

Offline   TheCutter

TheCutter

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks

First Album: Status Quo - Live!

First Concert: Rose Tattoo

Offline   Costlyspider

Costlyspider

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks

Well, hard to rember first album I bought, remeber buying duran duran, whe I was like in grade for to impress a girl. LOL as a kid dancing to The Reflex. BUt mostly we listened to Judas priest AC/DC and Iron Maiden back in the day, Plus I was really into Alice Cooper, though not many of my friends were.

I remember my dad taking me to some outdoor folky kinda concerts when I was a kid, I'd have to ask, but pretty sure I saw Neil Young at one of them.

I have personally seen Dio (outdoors), Alice cooper a number of times. Iron Madien like 4 times, Queensyrche as they opened for Metallica. Guns and Roses back in the day when they were opening act they opened for maiden on powerslave tour I think. Could of been somewhere in time tour though. Pink Floyd they were whole like 3 hour show. Oh yeah Motorhead they opened for a band I saw to. but I did not see all of there show was late  not really a fan of them. In fact only song I know by them is ace of spades.

Alice puts on a great show, still does but hes a lot older, and crowds are smaller. Maiden of course still puts on a good show, but a lot of the same stuff, Flag during the trooper, etc etc. Metallica was freaking awesome, it was the  And Justice for all tour and I had second row floor seats. Was pushed up right against the fence, end of show shook hands with James and Kurt. For  teenage kid at the time, I felt like king of the world.

They have a music festival in London every summer and its had some big bands.They have like a different stlye of music every night for like 4 days. Always a few bands I would like to see, but work seemed to get in the way, and as I get older man I hate crowds anymore.