Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 536

Some new improved scores!! I'm really struggling with this weeks bass songs , RS has trouble recognising my slides and bends on the hive song.  

I've managed to get a bit better on GOB! My fingers definitely know it was 30 mins long!!

beg lead 2.jpg

inter rhyth 2.jpg

mc bass.jpg

ad bass.jpg

gob 2.jpg

• Like 6

Bass

20240201232219-1.jpg

I don't know how it happened, but I probably played lead and rhythm here during testing, and assessed the bss diff visually. Now I played bass path for the first time and it seems more difficult than 6, but maybe it's because of the bends and slides that are difficult to recognize.

20240201232648-1.jpg

20240129161839-1.jpg

• Like 5

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett
really tuff competition this week. Doesn't look like I have a chance of getting in the top 3 when it comes to lead, so I'm gonna focus on this. Maybe I'll try the bass path.

Also, I haven't heard of this band outside of the championship, but every song by them we that play turns out to be a lot of fun. Thanks guys, I wouldn't have found them myself.

EDIT: looks like the mods got tired of reading all of my posts. Doesn't make a difference to me to be honest.

Edited by nlbsmglsk
new info
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

This is above my class, so whatever I achieve here I am happy. How come I get a better score in this song than in The Hives??? 😆 Need to overcome my "recognition impairment"!!! 🙃

yea i agree, when it comes to slides /bends it almost always makes it harder to 100% on rs . 
I am kinda surprised you got more than 99% on bass and not on lead and rhythm though.. isnt it basically the same ? 

• Like 3

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

22 hours ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

This is above my class, so whatever I achieve here I am happy. How come I get a better score in this song than in The Hives??? 😆 Need to overcome my "recognition impairment"!!! 🙃

E8jmvq3.png

You're quite good at it already though, I think you could 99%+ this with some more practice 😁
(99% at a higher class should be eligible for a rank-up as well?)

--

Meanwhile, my first try of the day is not looking quite as good, but I'll keep going at it😊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, loudly said:

Someome plz tell me.

I requested two songs. But they are not requested collectly in the excel page.

I surely use request page.

I'm sorry but I don't know the reason.

I see your suggestion for pierce the veil but it doesnt look like it was inputted properly or in the right format.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mikson said:

Rhythm improvement

@ aNDESmASAMUNE  I just noticed this, but I think @ Rodman  mentioned it earlier. I don't know why you rated lead as 6 and rhythm as 7.5 in this song, if it's almost the same chart. 🙂 Both 6.5 for me.

20240131203838-1.jpg

Thank you guys for your feedback about ratings!!! 

Actually this week offers a good example about ratings for me. The Hives-Bogus Operandi has a very similar chart for guitar an bass, and yet the rating for guitar is 5 and for bass is 6, and they even belong to different classes. And when you play each path the ratings are consistent with the difficulty you would expect for each class in guitar and bass. 

--- 

As you see, for PPC-Cornflake all paths are quite similar. I had it clear that for bass would be 7,5, meaning is above the highest difficulty in advace bass (from my experience), but too predictable to be 8. For me, the lead part was advance, but I rated it 6, since it lacked a difficult solo and I thought it is not difficult enough to get a promotion... My real problem was actually how to rate the rhythm, and now I understand from both of your ratings that if you play the same thing in lead and rhythm,  you should rate it the same. My theory was that if it lacks a difficult solo in lead, the rating would be lower for lead than rhythm, but maybe I was wrong and you should rate it the same because it is the same instrument...

---

By the way, I had been thinking about this for a while, and I want to propose we create a new thread about "Songs added to the SSL", in which we announce the songs we added (which I am curious to know), and we can have this kind of discussions about ratings IN ADVANCE, so that we have many more songs that are tested, and we all become better at rating and have a common understanding about it. When adding songs to the SSL, I always have many doubts (as everything in life!) and wanted to discuss that, but felt that there was no place to discuss the ratings... What do you think???

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BubbleWrapDragon said:

quick improvement 🥳
I just need more practice on the second riff and learn how to finger that F#Maj7 chord (I was trying to barré it, but now I think using all 4 fingers might be better for me)

Bravo!! Well done! I think won't have time to improve it tomorrow but you go for it, man!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, nlbsmglsk said:

really tuff competition this week. Doesn't look like I have a chance of getting in the top 3 when it comes to lead, so I'm gonna focus on this. Maybe I'll try the bass path.

Also, I haven't heard of this band outside of the championship, but every song by them we that play turns out to be a lot of fun. Thanks guys, I wouldn't have found them myself.

EDIT: looks like the mods got tired of reading all of my posts. Doesn't make a difference to me to be honest.

A toast 🍻 for @ nlbsmglsk  becoming free again!!! 🎶

If I could I would go to Poland to throw a party for you inviting all the guys here!!! 🪩🎶

Good score, by the way!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

As you see, for PPC-Cornflake all paths are quite similar. I had it clear that for bass would be 7,5, meaning is above the highest difficulty in advace bass (from my experience), but too predictable to be 8. For me, the lead part was advance, but I rated it 6, since it lacked a difficult solo and I thought it is not difficult enough to get a promotion... My real problem was actually how to rate the rhythm, and now I understand from both of your ratings that if you play the same thing in lead and rhythm,  you should rate it the same. My theory was that if it lacks a difficult solo in lead, the rating would be lower for lead than rhythm, but maybe I was wrong and you should rate it the same because it is the same instrument...

I also think Lead and Rhythm could be treated differently from each other
I think a good way to think about it is that rhythm players are expected to be better at complex chords and strumming patterns than a Lead player of the same skill.

So when a song has complex chords it's a little harder for a lead player to play well on the first try, but a Rhythm player has an easier time with it. Meanwhile, solos/ and more complex riffs might be a little harder for a Rhythm player to play well the first time or in general

By the way, I had been thinking about this for a while, and I want to propose we create a new thread about "Songs added to the SSL", in which we announce the songs we added (which I am curious to know), and we can have this kind of discussions about ratings IN ADVANCE, so that we have many more songs that are tested, and we all become better at rating and have a common understanding about it. When adding songs to the SSL, I always have many doubts (as everything in life!) and wanted to discuss that, but felt that there was no place to discuss the ratings... What do you think???

I was thinking about something like that as well, I wouldn't want to host a week, but I wouldn't mind playing a few more songs throughout the week and giving them a diff. rating now and then.

Having a discord or something like that might work too, automatically posting new entries to the server wouldn't be too difficult either and any person could just react to the song with numbers emoji from 1-9 difficulty. Could be also nice to chat about some things more easily. 
But having only this place for the championship community might have more advantages and is way less work to maintain.

Bravo!! Well done! I think won't have time to improve it tomorrow but you go for it, man!

I'll see what I can do 😁

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

Actually this week offers a good example about ratings for me. The Hives-Bogus Operandi has a very similar chart for guitar an bass, and yet the rating for guitar is 5 and for bass is 6, and they even belong to different classes. And when you play each path the ratings are consistent with the difficulty you would expect for each class in guitar and bass. 

Generally, I think that if the chart in guitar and bass paths is the same or very similar (2 such cases this week!), difficulty rating for the bass is about +1 compared to the guitar. But these are my feelings, because I find it more difficult to play the bass when there are some fast riffs, slides, turns, etc. That's why in the song The Hives I rated guitar 5 and bass 6, although there are so many slides and bends that it could even be 6.5/7.

My real problem was actually how to rate the rhythm, and now I understand from both of your ratings that if you play the same thing in lead and rhythm,  you should rate it the same. My theory was that if it lacks a difficult solo in lead, the rating would be lower for lead than rhythm, but maybe I was wrong and you should rate it the same because it is the same instrument...

This is a very interesting observation. A lead chart is generally supposed to be made more difficult by riffs, solos etc., so I can understand that the same chart might have a slightly higher difficulty rating for a rhythm path than lead.

I have serious doubts that this thread will be alive and there will be activity in it, but maybe I'm wrong. But it's an interesting idea, so more participants would have to comment. 😉

• Like 3