song tips for beginnner?

vegbjo

Swallow the sun cdlc available is pretty easy (single notes and some power chords, not as fast as let's say arch enemy) if you ignore the tapping parts in some songs.

Other than that (for metal) only Rammstein comes to my mind, they have a few really trivial songs.

You might want to name a few songs that you can play already, so people can guess a little closer what you also might be able to play.

• 3 weeks later...

Blitzkreig Bop is easy to learn, only 4 chords.  But it's a bitch to play proper.  By that I mean it's all downstrokes and really, really fast.  Do it with up and down strokes to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

Look at my signature.There bottom is link to Leaderboard challenge. There you found tables with 4 level of classes and names songs. Look at column of beginner class, if average score accuracy 97-100% , well then a song is very easy for learning. Same for other classes

P.s. And i invite all to Week challenge, we have a little active participants now.

Free entrance  B)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Metal's generally a pretty hard genre, but there are some easier songs/riffs in here:

Alestorm - Keelhauled

Alexisonfire - This Could Be Anywhere In The World

Disturbed - Down With The Sickness

Breaking Benjamin - So Cold

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

Tool - Schism

• Like 1

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Blitzkrieg Bop - Ramones
American Idiot- Green Day
London Calling- The Clash
Tropical London - Rancid (Good CDLC on this site)

Starting with punk will get that right hand going quickly, will break you into very simple solos easily and will vet you on powerchords and how to move about them quickly. 
When you're confident then move on to harder stuff, Rammstein, AC/DC, a few Metallica (Enter Sandman, Master of Puppets) and Black Sabbath (Paranoid, Iron Man) Riffs are pretty simple....(solos not so easy) But riff repeat them...
Once you have confidence try for some harder stuff, Iron Maiden solos and the like...

Here is some Metal that I charted that isn't too complex or fast.

Dream Theater - I Walk Beside You (Easy throughout whole song, but contains many arpeggios)

Eluveitie - Inis Mona (Whole song is just power chords)

Periphery - Erised (%80 is really easy, other %20 is ridiculously hard) 

Periphery - Icarus Lives! (Difficult Strumming patterns, but once you get used to it, it is easy)

Strapping Young Lad - Love? (Very Easy song, but contains some Tremolo Picking)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I am a beginner! Have with my friend long ago started to play Rocksmith. Alone (without help), we learned a lot of mistakes. He has no desire but now I want to start by. Played yesterday: Ensiferum - Lost in Despair and reached 96% after about 1 hour. Similar successes: Ensiferum - Ferrum Aeternum and Amorphis - Battle For Light. Found the melodic easy to remember and trained all 4 fingers. But will all pre-beating songs of you try it. My English is not so good and if the comment the subject missed here. Can someone delete it so :P

I recommend Epica: Cry for the moon and The Misfits: Some kinda hate. This songs aren't for the absolute beginner but are relatively easy to play. Cry for the moon is one of the first songs I begin to achieve high percents,is fast at some parts and have to do palm mute for some notes but aren't all that hard to play.Is symphonic metal for those in that genre. Some kinda hate is punk rock and  have a very catchy tune.I love both. More suggestions in the future. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Breaking the Law by Judas Priest is definitely the easiest metal song I've seen. But you would have to own the first Rocksmith (no need to be instaled) in order to purshase the Official DLC to be able to play it on Rocksmith 2014.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All!

Just started the game a few days before. My favorite band is Metallica, and I wanted to learn nothing else matters, but it's starting from the hardest level, as if i am kirk hammett :-)

I started the game with the lowest level. Is something that I can do, do get the basics for the song?

I also used the riff repeater, but some of the songs its impossible to set it.

Thx for help!

Greetings from Hungary!

Benga