List of Crashers, jammers, dead toners, and MISC problems

My random corrupts have really stopped after removed all listed save file corrupt songs, anyone else experienced this?
Haven't found any new for while, and since, i think, haven't have random corrupts for.... don't even remember... 
And huntervandam fixed one, so even somekind of fix advice for toolkitters is alive...

Before removed last corrupting song random corrupts happened about 2-4 times per month. 
Hated random corrupts. No way you couldn't trace origin, but play songs one by one, making backups, until nailed next one.And then retested suspected to confirm.

Its so nice when you dare to play again more than 10 songs in row, without backup or generating weirdo system to nail next one.
Hope there will be no more save file corrupters in future and if there is, now there is hope to fix it.

Who dare to try section fix for oldies? I suck with toolkit that's not me, but i will sure test those, and gladly remove on list.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, I have played some songs and I have gradually moved all “problematic” songs (for me) to another "waiting for fix folder", and also added those song to a list. Songs wait fix done by, me or charter

Firekorn: as i said this list was mentioned to be personal aid,  if it wont help anybody else  i will remove it. This is promise.   nobody will take a look here to check if one of their custom is on t

The best thing is to go on the cdlc page and alert the author, nobody will take a look here to check if one of their custom is on the list...   And the same name list is pointless, there is no point i

Just played one song tonight "Sweet Home Alabama" have played this many times on learn A Song without issues but played it on score attack "hard" for rhythm and upon completion Rocksmith froze and corrupted my profile....can anyone confirm this is a issue with this custom? ...on pc running windows 7Thanks

Isn't that an official DLC anyway ? So far I have been lucky I guess, no save file corrupts and I have had a few in song crashes. A friend of mine had some bad file on his Rocksmith and decided to reinstall from steam and it was all good, all his progress and everything.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Just played one song tonight "Sweet Home Alabama" have played this many times on learn A Song without issues but played it on score attack "hard" for rhythm and upon completion Rocksmith froze and corrupted my profile....can anyone confirm this is a issue with this custom? ...on pc running windows 7Thanks

Isn't that an official DLC anyway ? So far I have been lucky I guess, no save file corrupts and I have had a few in song crashes. A friend of mine had some bad file on his Rocksmith and decided to reinstall from steam and it was all good, all his progress and everything.

Hmmm yes you might be right...maybe that one did come over from the first Rocksmith....I cant check right at the moment but I believe you might be right come to think of it...I apologise...I though that it was a custom at first

"I though that it was a custom at first"

Me too, after tests and reply realized that its not.  Anyway song is checked to be clean now :D , though there is not much to do if official causes problems but   :angry: 

• 3 weeks later...

Shit happens. After about 2 months and no corrupts. Now 3 corrupts in week but none confirmed corrupter nailed. One was suspected, but different version of song worked fine and i gave up testing that one more.

Have to stop while to download new and start to play unplayed songs and try to nail one.

Appreciate if you could send reports of suspected corrupters or sure... about any other issues. Soon there is over 10000 songs so its quite hard one man to not miss or mess some issues.

Happy news is that dead toners are quite dead now, so few of them now days, and many old dead toner are retoned. New toolkit is in good use, and charters create awe tones,

Issues are just issues and overall marginal.compared to vast volume and total quality of songs.

anyway, Thanks for every song listed or not, really appreciate all charters work.

• Like 1

That smell by lynyrd skynyrd crashes in the middle of the song for me and another guy for sure, but plays fine for the creator. Can someone else test this song out?

Testing tomorrow, thx for report. 

I have noticed those middle crashes will not happen always when u play, have no glue why... for ex. tested one If you will not play notes it will work, but always when played notes crashed always (2 times). Weirdo crashes sometimes.

Don't know is this rule for all middle crashes?

None of my songs :D

Mine either.

Doing nothing causes none issues

Nah, this is just wanna play fluidly list. Entering here is not big issue. So, wellcome.

I further tested the song and it only crashes midway through if you play the song at that part, but a song that works only if you dont play the notes kinda defeats the purpose of playing it at all.

Is "That smell" being added to the crash list?

Nevermind, it has just been fixed.

I don't list reports straight, sorry. Have to test myself first. Trying to just minimize list errors. Mostly do testing same day i got report but have to work and do other things too. 

Secondly i don't list them as soon have tested. Have 2 week tolerance most issues  after report to charter

If not done properly, i'll do that after report here, (and tested)  and wait those 2 weeks for fix actions. 

So many songs fixed in that time, charters really do listen reports to them and do fixes they can mostly in 2 weeks.

Tolerance is ignored when song corrupts save file (hard to fix only 1 fixed\causes so much harm) or when issue is already known by charter (mostly dead tone songs)

So this is my policy in short. Policy can be better so just tell me what should i do differently.

Anyway, thx for further tests and report too. Really appreciate test and reports, so few of them, and so many songs to handle...

I still play song tomorrow to check issue fixed. 

Edit: Policy added to main topic

Is "That smell" being added to the crash list?

Lynyrd skynyrd: That smell V3 

2/3 tests crashes middle. Reported to charter.

Waiting for fix(es) 2 weeks still, Charter obviously try his best to fix it.

if its too hard to find cure then list it. 

People who have fixed these middle song crashes, could you send me some clues what causes them and how can they be fixed. Could copy paste general  fix help for about that issue too for charters.

Notes for middle crasher:

-Always crash on same spot, if played 100%

-Work if not played at all, or "badly". 

as if there is "crash note" in spot" where game crashes.

Also any other issue listed here, if there is general fix known, not presented here, or shoulld be better presented, please report here, to help charters work  

Edit:Middle crash puzzle added to main topic

EDit:Lynyrd skynyrd: That smell fixed by repacking, fix aid added to main topic.

Hey, I've got a problem with a new cdlc I made and it might be the no broadway crash but it crashes AFTER and not before tuning.. I also know that it is just the lead part that causes the crashes. Does anyone know directly why it happens and how to fix this or do I have to upload some crash report? 

I have encountered after tuning crash before, but by then list didn't separate crashes, and don't exactly remember what happened.

But after tuning crash are very rare in crashes.

if it don't "freeze", and reports error or go back to desktop i could say its "middle" crash, even though it crashes soon after tuning.

Nowdays i have been trying to make more clear what kind of crash is it and collect some all ready made fixes for them, to help charters and other fixers.

One middle crasher was just repaired by unpacking and Re-author. 

Check Lynyrd Skynyrd That smell topic

Adding fix tomorrow to main topic after can test it.

Crash reports are just aid for charters, sure they annoy if issue already known.

I've just checked the that smell topic.. It seems to work if someone repacks this. Should I upload my file here so that someone would repack and reupload it for me?

It would be easiest you to repack with latest toolkit, and just upload it to your own song topic. Jazzie repacked it also using same machine.

I can do testing if you just tell what song is.. after upload, if not done yet.

Make notes that it crash  on lead, and ask if someone could try to repack it too unless your own repack won't work.

I personally suck with toolkit and especially uploading things, done none, but sure can i try to do those too, or someone else who can do it already, if your repack won't work.

You can tell song name here, after upload, but rest would be then best to handle on song topic. There are plenty of testers(players) and fixers, charters, so don't worry even if some part of song crashes, just upload it mention and just topic here, and let's continue process, of upgrading your song in your song topic. 

Okay, it's I put a Spell On you by ccr and I haven't uploaded it yet.. I'll upload it later today.
I already repacked it but wouldn't work for me either.

EDIT: I just uploaded it, let the fixing begin. Hopefully we'll get it working soon..

re-adding means that you change ID's of the arrangement and most common reason of that crash you've got is bad ID's, repacking can't solve it.

I add this fix help to main too, if you got any other good known fixes pls share your knowledge, try to add some most common fixes in differnet situations to topic. And pls be gentle to discribe fix, most of us are not pro tookitters. :)