Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 93

Mortalo

Weird - where's the quote button gone?  It's probably there somewhere but I'm using a differnet brower for reasons that will become apparent...

So after karting on Friday evening I drove over to my mum's for cat sitting duties, and as I was getting my bag out of the car, I managed to drop it quite heavily on the floor.  And you've guessed it - that was the bag with my laptop in.  I now have a nice big dent in my Macbook Air, and a non-charging charger - which somehow managed to get bent at the connector end during the accident.

So I didn't manage to play yesterday, which I'm gutted about, and I'm on a borrowed laptop, but hopefully by Tuesday, I'll be back...

Anyway - RS cables - lovely things they are.  Of the two I have, both have failed at the jack end. @@Nacholede, if you lop off the jack (about an inch up the cable should do it) and solder a new jack on, you'll probably solve your issue. :)

• Like 3

@@missis sumner - if you mouse over the very bottom of the post, the edit and quote links may appear.  I've seen that on different browsers.

Regrading the failed drop height laptop ruggedness test, we need an [i feel your pain] button, because [like this] just isn't right.

And I have a dodgy RS cable.  I'll try putting a new end on it some day. (pretend that i selected [like this] in your post)

• Like 2

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Happy birthday @@Blazikiller.

And late happy birthday for @@tupoloflyer as well :)

• Like 4

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@tupoloflyer sorry, we forgot  :doughnut: +  :gift:

and of course @@Blazikiller  :birthday:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUYS

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Weird - where's the quote button gone?  It's probably there somewhere but I'm using a differnet brower for reasons that will become apparent...

So after karting on Friday evening I drove over to my mum's for cat sitting duties, and as I was getting my bag out of the car, I managed to drop it quite heavily on the floor.  And you've guessed it - that was the bag with my laptop in.  I now have a nice big dent in my Macbook Air, and a non-charging charger - which somehow managed to get bent at the connector end during the accident.

So I didn't manage to play yesterday, which I'm gutted about, and I'm on a borrowed laptop, but hopefully by Tuesday, I'll be back...

Anyway - RS cables - lovely things they are.  Of the two I have, both have failed at the jack end. @@Nacholede, if you lop off the jack (about an inch up the cable should do it) and solder a new jack on, you'll probably solve your issue. :)

I'll do it :D 

• Like 2

9A7alLl.jpg

Speaking of Realtone cable issues...  I've just installed Steam on my mum's laptop and thought I was all clever getting customs on Rocksmith on there, but the game is now refusing to see the Realtone cable at all.

Laptop is running Win 7.  Any ideas why it would do this?

The cable is working, I've just tested it on what little juice I have left in the Mac.

Sorry - all sorted!  Control Panel - Realtone Cable Settings - I set the level to MAX!

Laptop is running Win 7.  Any ideas why it would do this?

Cable probably isn't configured properly. I think if you head to /Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith 2014 you'll find a pdf with instructions on how to configure the cable correctly.

edit: also check this page http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802854-Rocksmith-2014-PC-Configuration-and-FAQ-Forums

Anyway, is there anything better than a lazy rainy Sunday of guitar playing ? Possibly the fact that tomorrows a bank holiday and I get to do it all over again :)

Some results for the day - 

Beg. Rhythm and Lead :

http://i58.tinypic.com/jsbqf5.png

http://i57.tinypic.com/2hwo4l5.png

Quite a difficult beginner song in my opinion, but fun non the less.

Int Rhythm and Lead:

http://i62.tinypic.com/13z311h.png

Urgh, note detection hell with this one.

http://i62.tinypic.com/jl064m.png

Work in progess, solo is very cool though.

• Like 6

fuck, that sucks @Nacho!

those cables are indeed way too expensive, i had a cable scare a few months past,

and i was shocked how expensive and hard to get them it is (only via online shopping accesible and usually 30+€)

Here in Argentina the cables are above 600 pesos (more or less like 55 dollars), they are way too expensive! But i'll see if i can fix this one 

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

fuck, that sucks @Nacho!

those cables are indeed way too expensive, i had a cable scare a few months past,

and i was shocked how expensive and hard to get them it is (only via online shopping accesible and usually 30+€)

Here in Argentina the cables are above 600 pesos (more or less like 55 dollars), they are way too expensive! But i'll see if i can fix this one 

No harm in trying. :)

Edit: Also, cheers @@fiddlesticks.  I'm not sure I can be bothered with all this Windows malarkey - I'm off to buy a new Macbook, or at least a new connector to solder onto the end of my charger lead.  Playing on this machine (admittedly, not an i7, it's a P6000, I think) is buggy and laggy as hell.  Sometimes the notes stop scrolling half way through, but the song continues - it's better than Master Mode though! lol

• Like 1

fuck, that sucks @Nacho!

And thank you for giving me tips to fix the cable :D 

• Like 1

9A7alLl.jpg

fuck, that sucks @Nacho!

If you're not sure which way around to solder the wires, there are a few guides on Youtube. PM if you need any other advice and I'll try to help, but it is an easy job - I managed it!

fuck, that sucks @Nacho!

If you're not sure which way around to solder the wires, there are a few guides on Youtube. PM if you need any other advice and I'll try to help, but it is an easy job - I managed it!

I got this, don't worry! in a few days i will solder the wires and...i'll be back

• Like 2

9A7alLl.jpg

My score for Muffin Man

http://i.imgur.com/8gORAdz.jpg

The bass part is fun to play, but there are definitely some issues.  For one, the sync is pretty far off in places.  It could just be inaccurate rhythms in the tab too, since the sync is fine elsewhere and I've no idea how the guitar tracks look as far as sync goes.

Another issue, maybe more of a personal preference, is that all (or almost all) the variations that follow the main riff should be played from the 4th fret position.  Rather than playing the main riff sometimes from 1st fet, sometimes from 2nd, it would make more sense and feel more natural to always play it from the 2nd fret, and then shift to play the riff that varies each repetition.  As it is now, it's just really inconsistent and awkward to play.  I think most of the difficulty stems from this, otherwise I'd say it's not much harder than last week's intermediate track.

Also, the 90 seconds of story time to start every run gets annoying pretty quick :lol:  I can skip it in RR obviously, but I'm not sure I have the patience to try improving my results in score attack very much this week.

• Like 8

Another issue, maybe more of a personal preference, is that all (or almost all) the variations that follow the main riff should be played from the 4th fret position.  Rather than playing the main riff sometimes from 1st fet, sometimes from 2nd, it would make more sense and feel more natural to always play it from the 2nd fret, and then shift to play the riff that varies each repetition.  As it is now, it's just really inconsistent and awkward to play.  I think most of the difficulty stems from this, otherwise I'd say it's not much harder than last week's intermediate track.

Agree - there is no reason why you have to move around on the neck to that extent. It is much more natural to stick to the 4th fret and use your fingers. Much faster and more accurate.

Problems with Rocksmith registering? Don't bother - remember the wise words of Yngwie Malmsteen:

"Use your ears; If it sounds good, then it is good!"

I hate when he says "Top Notch Performance!" and you're like "....  I sucked."

Yup, constant slaps to the face!

I would so want a difficulty setting where hard would mean "top notch ... " or similar >95% and too count extra notes played as misses.

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

fun song, insane sliding part :)

weak start

http://i57.tinypic.com/2m64it5.jpg

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.