Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 93

Mortalo

Update on the days progress

Int Lead:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2rzb2ht.png

That's more like it ! Still some polishing to do, and some serious RR on the ascending legato section on the B string, but other than that not too shabby.

Adv Rhy:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2d7g4kk.png

First full run through, not a Maiden fan, but I like this song.

• Like 8

@@Clagdriff Welcome!

Intermediate Lead - 94.06%, 100 streak

That sliding part made more trouble then usually :wacko:

• Like 5

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

My first score for this week. I have huge troubles with recognizing that palm-muted chord arpeggios, I were trying to play it like "take a chord with left hand and play with right, it is palmmuted and I don't need to mute notes sequentaly", ended in taking only one note at time with lefthand. I've set up new cobal strings and they are sounding like a beasts, volume increased a lot, all my guitarrig presets that were clean now sounds crunchy, but there is another side of such sensivity -- every string that makes a tiny bit of noise ruins everything you are playing. Now I sometimes turn volume knob to 7-8 instead 10, have never used it before (was always 10). Funny moment: I accidentally bought 7string set, that came back to the shop and wondered: the same cobalt 6 string set costs twice more! The minus is that 7 string set has havier bottom strings: my tunepegs were never turning soo hard, and it looks like strings have bowed neck a bit and increased action of strings, also the 52 string don't perfectly feat a hole in a top bridge.

About song  :lol: I am not sure, but maybe 1-2 notes in the ends of that palmuted series should be normal (no mute). And that solo... really I don't like learning such kind of solo, sometimes it is much easier to make something random that goes to you head with many bends and that will sound very similiar. Also from recognition point rocksmith tend to deny every crazy bend in them. It will be very helpfull if anybody splits that 2 solos inside to more parts, now it is really hard to learn.

http://storage3.static.itmages.ru/i/15/0803/h_1438634432_7845781_f52af82f01.png

• Like 3

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

So my Hand seems to get better, still can't use my pinky properly. But i can play little bit already.

So i did clean up my guitar completely, the whole thing disambled, cleaned and restringed.

I've got an issue tho, when i hit the E String to hardy mostly down & up picking. The Vibration hits the thingys between the Frets, you know those little pieces between the frets. It causes such a weird annoying noise. I've lifted the bridge even higher than normal.

The String don't touch anything tho.

I hope this issue gets solved by itself, hopefuly because my strings are fresh.

Well either way, took me like 1 hour to clean my dirty guitar.

Now shining like a Diamond in a Goats ass [emoji16] [emoji106] [emoji184] [emoji238]

P.S.: my guitar sounds again like a guitar, just lovely [emoji173]

• Like 4

Hi all,

Been wanting to participate more but it's difficult for me to be regular. So I'll participate when I can.

I like to post my first score of the week as my first attempt coming in cold just to set my reference and then improve from there. From what I read of the rules the DD bars must all be full for the score to count. Of course it was not my choice to be leveled down..... but I'll try to make it count as we go. Wish we could tell RS never to level down....as it makes me feel violent. :)

Also I realize that this Iron Maiden custom is not my class as I am in the Beginner class.... so although I quickly read something about "Free Bird" a few weeks back, if I am not complying with any rules please do let me know and feel free to not count my score. I certainly have aspirations to becoming #1 but maybe in 10-15 years....For now I'm just posting scores  for fun and hoping that someone that sucks like I do can give me a bit of a rivalry... :)

@@bernixix, I LOVE YOUR CUSTOM!!! I also do like the tones (I only tried lead), since you asked me about them. I love this song even more now that I can play and butcher it!! :)

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForge%20Championship/Week%2093%20-%20Ending%2008August15/CF%20-%20Week%2093%20-%20Iron%20Maiden%20-%20Dont%20Look%20to%20the%20Eyes%20of%20a%20Stranger-%20Lead%20-%20Attempt%202%20Attempt%201%20was%20release%20night_zpszuatxise.png

• Like 6

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

RR 1x and then played again and a slight improvement. :)

Did I say I love this custom? Well I really REALLY do! Someone commented on the length of this song in an earlier post, but I forget who. Iron Maiden early on were pressured to be more radio friendly and shorten their songs. I think it is their defiance against the system that they make the songs as long as they please. They also like to take their time to unfold layer after layer of sublime goodness and then tie it all back up at the end with recurring riffs. The lengths of their songs seems to fit well live, which is their top and single-minded priority..... But then again I am an adoring Maiden  fan so perhaps my opinion is a tiny bit biased.... :)

Oh damn, I was so happy that all the DD bars were filled and then for some reason I seem to have messed up a tiny section and the DD plummeted a level. Oh DD How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForge%20Championship/Week%2093%20-%20Ending%2008August15/CF%20-%20Week%2093%20-%20Iron%20Maiden%20-%20Dont%20Look%20to%20the%20Eyes%20of%20a%20Stranger-%20Lead%20-%20Attempt%203%20Attempt%201%20was%20release%20night_zpsfb7n5yeo.png

• Like 11

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

-=weekly leaderboard update=- .... comes a bit delayed this week ...

BUT its for a great cause!!!

@@TrbInTrbIn is helping to automate and improve the 10-weeks leaderboard creation (THX!!!!), which as soon as running the way it should will help avoid copy/paste errors and save me quite some time, so from then on i will be able to do the weekly update and post right at weekstart on sunday :D

stay tuned....

P.s. when we don´t get it bugfree till 2morrow i am gonna do the update manually once more, so either way expect the update incl. awarding tomorrow.

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

i'm sorry i'm not talking at all these weeks, unfortunately i only have the time to download the cdlcs, play them, and upload some results. soon i'll have more time and will get back to commenting the songs we play

later i'll post some scores

a good week to everyone :)

• Like 3

Got two tries with the Maidens. The 10 min songs are killing me :D And the solo is, well, I don't even bother to go with it to RR.

Anyway, don't have problems with the mutes. I play with right hand muting the strings. And works fine :)

But I'm not 100% sure about the sync. Although I reinstalled my comp 2 days ago and I feel I haven't set-up Rocksmith as it should be, soudwise, so it may be it, or maybe not :P

Cheer

http://i.imgur.com/nB9xic8.jpg

• Like 4

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

Twice i have gotten this stupid screenshot now. Only on the maiden song.  Anyone knows why? I looks normal on the screen.

I have only one idea about this: when you were young you have looked to the eyes of the stranger.  ;)

You still can make a photo on you smartphone or photocamera...

• Like 1

Rocksmith 2014 Championship
Leaderboards
Song selection
Class List
Rank

Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)

http://i.imgur.com/j2uxAvG.jpg

This song I know because Guitar Hero. Or was it Rock Band? That decade is such a blur to me now. Some of my picking rhythms came back to me from that, because this is not an easy song and is quite a tricky task for an Intermediate player. There are parts of the solo that are really speedy! Good pick though, very fun lead chart.

http://i.imgur.com/JzVGEYB.jpg

This has nothing to do with anything, I was just on a Blind Guardian kick after last week and I thought this was funny. It'd be perfect if I had scored 0.1% higher. 

Time to go tune up and shred over eight minutes of Bruce Dickinson telling me where I shouldn't look!

• Like 3

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!