Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 552

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 552 =-
Theme week
Battle/War theme

=> How and Why join the Championships?
=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Previous' week Winners are:

Lead:
- Beginner: @ lowender (88)
- Intermediate: @ gspot (94.39)
- Advanced: @ Amisslamb44 (99.26)
- Masterclass: @ RaZrShReD (97)

Rhythm:
- Beginner: @ lowender (84)
- Intermediate: @ Balage1976 (92)
- Advanced: @ cacahuate51 (99)
- Masterclass: @ Amisslamb44 (98.87)

Bass:
- Beginner: @ zbb (98.55)
- Intermediate: @ AndreCardoso (98.49)
- Advanced: @ gspot (99.72)
- Masterclass: @ direct3r (97)

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

More great news. There are players to be promoted to higher rank this week.

- @ gspot is promoted to Masterclass class in Bass path.

Congratulations and good luck with new challenges!
In case the above players do not accept promotion, please advise accordingly in the post so we can revert back to previous Class.

This week's songs are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Cruachan - The Battle of the Yellow Ford(3.5^) (D Standard) [E Std version here]
Intermediate: Sabaton - Union (Slopes of St. Benedict) (6^) (E Standard) [To commemorate the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Monte Cassino]
Advanced: Iron Maiden - Fortunes of War (7*) (E Standard)
Masterclass: Guns N' Roses - Civil War (8.5) (Eb Standard)
God of Guitar: Sabaton - The War To End All Wars (Full Album) (10) (E Standard) selected by Razrshred [Week 1 of 4]

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Cruachan - The Battle of the Yellow Ford (3*) (D Standard) [E Std version here]
Intermediate: Sabaton - Union (Slopes of St. Benedict) (4) (E Standard)
Advanced: Iron Maiden - Fortunes of War (7*) (E Standard)
Masterclass: Guns N' Roses - Civil War (7.5) (Eb Standard)

Bass Path:
Beginner: Cruachan - The Battle of the Yellow Ford (3.5^) (D Drop C) [Drop D version here]
Intermediate: Sabaton - Union (Slopes of St. Benedict) (4) (E Standard)
Advanced: Guns N' Roses - Civil War (6.5) (Eb Standard)
Masterclass: Iron Maiden - Fortunes of War (7) (E Standard)
God of Bass: Sabaton - The War To End All Wars (Full Album) (10) (B Standard) [Week 1 of 4]

(N) - difficulty rating
(N*) - highest difficulty rating for the class (promotion to higher class possible)
(N^) - difficulty rating higher than the highest for the class (promotion possible)

Check current week Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here 
NEW! - easly add songs even on your mobile!
Add Song Suggestion

Song Suggestions List available to view here: Google Sheets Spreadsheet

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Classless, Fearless FreeBird Members in their endless battle with the fb police: 2groggy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

This is a theme week related to battles/war. I came up with the idea to create this because of the song Union by Sabaton, which talks about the Battle of Monte Cassino, and now it's the 80th anniversary of this battle.
For intermediate players - I rated lead path at 6, but only because of the very short solo part, which is at the advanced level. The rest of the chart is definitely easier, so you don't have to worry about it.
In addition, we have a song by Cruachan - an interesting folk metal band from Ireland. The song tells the story of the Battle of Yellow Ford, which took place in 1598. The song is in D Standard/D Drop C tuning, and since this is a beginner's song, I added the E Standard/Drop D version.
Advanced is a song by Iron Maiden, telling about the difficult fate of people who experienced war. This is a song from the first album recorded with vocalist Blaze Bayley. However, the chart is still typical of Iron Maiden.
The masterclass song is my new CDLC that I have been creating recently. Civil War is one of my favorite Guns N' Roses songs, and I wasn't completely satisfied with the previous CDLC, so I created a new one with 4 guitar and bass tracks! The song is a great composition, being an anti-war protest song. The great lyrics of the song end with the words: "What's so civil about war, anyway?" what can be said complements this theme in different way.

Have a great week!

Edit:

The full album CDLC of Sabaton - The War To End All Wars has been added to the song selection!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

I've had a go at the Intermediate and Advanced Lead Songs, to be fair I found them both the same in difficulty. The Iron Maiden Solo was harder well thats because it's Iron Maiden, I would love to see "Passchendaele" as a Battle/War song but only the Bass is up on CustomForge (Shame), I have that on my play list. The Sabaton song was great, did 93% on the Sabaton and 89% on the Iron Maiden Song but I aim to keep going. 

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 22.40.30 (2).png

• Like 10

Great song selections haven't had a theme for a while,  nice 4

Inter Bass

A125335E6057C844AA19BC911FE5FD7E23B45ABB (1600×900)

Love a bit of gnr haven't listened to this album In a while first play

B9195825B2F8EFDA8D75FE333472A0C1DDA39B4A (1600×900)

Second a little better

E042C17609E500FB274969F27C836743E484DA5E (1600×900)

Maiden and guns now that's a headlining battle
Cant say I've heard this before bass taking the front as always with Harris 
Maybe the highest I've got on a masterclass song so!. Think recognition on those triplets makes It a bit easier

15F1DC7EF967D6370B32E8826B8A18CFB0C1A978 (1600×900)

• Like 8

On 5/18/2024 at 4:53 PM, Mikson said:

This is a theme week related to battles/war. I came up with the idea to create this because of the song Union by Sabaton, which talks about the Battle of Monte Cassino, and now it's the 80th anniversary of this battle.
For intermediate players - I rated lead path at 6, but only because of the very short solo part, which is at the advanced level. The rest of the chart is definitely easier, so you don't have to worry about it.
In addition, we have a song by Cruachan - an interesting folk metal band from Ireland. The song tells the story of the Battle of Yellow Ford, which took place in 1598. The song is in D Standard/D Drop C tuning, and since this is a beginner's song, I added the E Standard/Drop D version.
Advanced is a song by Iron Maiden, telling about the difficult fate of people who experienced war. This is a song from the first album recorded with vocalist Blaze Bayley. However, the chart is still typical of Iron Maiden.
The masterclass song is my new CDLC that I have been creating recently. Civil War is one of my favorite Guns N' Roses songs, and I wasn't completely satisfied with the previous CDLC, so I created a new one with 4 guitar and bass tracks! The song is a great composition, being an anti-war protest song. The great lyrics of the song end with the words: "What's so civil about war, anyway?" what can be said complements this theme in different way.

Have a great week!

great theme and song line up, thanks. only thing missing any sabaton full album or this world war 1 saga chart which is  2 hours for GoG. haha jk

here it is 😛

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/76620

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RaZrShReD said:

great theme and song line up, thanks. only thing missing any sabaton full album or this world war 1 saga chart which is  2 hours for GoG. haha jk

here it is 😛

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/76620

Oh no! 2 hours! This is physically unplayable for me and I think for most people 😉 
But since you suggested it, I can add the full Sabaton album CDLC as GoG/GoB. We've played The Great War and Carolus Rex in the past. Not including these, available full albums CDLC that have guitar and bass paths are:
The War To End All Wars
Coat Of Arms
I'll let you choose which of these 2 you prefer 🙂 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mikson said:

Oh no! 2 hours! This is physically unplayable for me and I think for most people 😉 
But since you suggested it, I can add the full Sabaton album CDLC as GoG/GoB. We've played The Great War and Carolus Rex in the past. Not including these, available full albums CDLC that have guitar and bass paths are:
The War To End All Wars
Coat Of Arms
I'll let you choose which of these 2 you prefer 🙂 

haha yeah its a test of endurance... lets go with "The War To End All Wars", havent played this one before.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, RaZrShReD said:

haha yeah its a test of endurance... lets go with "The War To End All Wars", havent played this one before.

Done! Have fun playing! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

First scores

20240518212905-1.jpg

I actually played this many times before, but now I used the 100% bug repair option and the counter reset to zero. However, I managed to achieve the highest accuracy of my attempts so far.

20240518213539-1.jpg

With this vocalist (or it's just this song, I don't know) IM sounds calmer. But their music style has been preserved.

20240510234051-1.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, this is one of my favorite GNR songs. However, the chart is very complex and difficult for me due to some arpeggios and solos.

20240517210747-1.jpg

• Like 5

I tried GoG, I had previously played a few songs separately from this album. I still say I prefer older Sabaton releases, but there are some nice parts here. Some solos are beyond my skills, and the tone is a bit too quiet for me, I lowered the music volume to 70% (I didn't want it any lower), but I still couldn't hear clearly what I was playing, which is why I made some stupid mistakes.

20240520172937-1.jpg

• Like 6