Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 550

Easing back In with Some beginner lead

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Nice beginner Bass

Did better on this than In testing great song 

Great bass line again that gets progressively harder. would need a few plays . So I shall 

• Like 10

for sure one of the more difficult intermediate songs I have attempted! Will try to improve if can get some time with RR.

• Like 9

20240505170142-1.jpg20240505170142-2.jpg

20240505175409-1.jpg
enjoyed this song the most had to play it twice cause i liked it so much lol. i think i should probably check the band out more cause i dont really know any of their songs  except for have you ever seen the rain (one of my fav dlcs, which i guess is the prequel or sequel to this song) and fortunate son.
20240505175733-1.jpg

20240505171854-1.jpg
usually cant stand long songs .. my mind just wanders off if its too long but this one wasnt bad. besides always fun to play some spArTon songs.

i must say though..not a fan of how it was tabbed.. i prefer handshape modes over arp mode cause the lines under the notes always confuse me and makes me think its an open note...also some of the sustains make it a bit messy and hard to read imo but i still had fun.

20240505172652-1.jpg
bass was neat

20240505180316-1.jpg
very fun 2nd fav of the week. gives me some x y rush  or jessica from the alman brother vibes mixed with phill collin ish vocals lol.
20240505181217-1.jpg
doesnt seem to be that hard...theres just some of fretting choices that seem kinda unconventional at first glance since you play same notes in different strings in the same riff...but i guess with practice its doable.
20240506020541-1.jpg

20240506022839-1.jpg

• Like 11

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

mm with fretted stingray this time.

did you know that's me singing in the background? 😂 

spacer.png

• Like 12
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

On 5/8/2024 at 3:38 AM, jimmy655 said:

I'm not really sure if I'm posting the screenshots correctly, would appreciate any advice from experienced members.  I posted these two together on Sunday, but they didn't seem to get picked up in the scoresheet even though later posts did.   Should I be posting each screenshot as a separate post, or is there some other issue I'm overlooking?   I'll be traveling away from the computer for the next two weeks and this is my last chance to fix any errors I may have made for this week's scores.      And thanks to everyone for welcoming me to this great community, I'm having a blast... JS 

you're doing it right. Full images from steam cdn are the best.
multiple images on the same post are fine. just don't update the same post with new images because it will not be parsed again (it's cached)
If you don't see the results, there may be an error in the detection of the song or another issue, but then someone who looks at the Score Assistant App will fix them (usually at the end of the week)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Amisslamb44 said:

I did my best 🙂

20240510005611_1.jpg

20240508224725_1.jpg

Amazing scores! 😲 You are out of competition in the advanced class on lead! Have you tried lead path in the song Gates Of Hell? I wonder if you can achieve the highest score in masterclass?

@ BubbleWrapDragon  Also a great scorein the Marillion song, but we don't have a chance in this class at the moment 😉 
I'm curious how much time you spend practicing the song per week, because usually you can make a big improvement from sight reading to the final result?

• Like 8

Bass

I dug out this screenshot from deep archives. 😉

20210712232844-1.jpg

20240505002456-1.jpg

I especially like the beginning/intro of this bass chart.

20240505011846-1.jpg

I couldn't find a screenshot for this even though I played this twice before. So I played again and, without remembering the chart, I now managed to achieve 98% (previously 96%), which made me happy. 🙂 Nice chart!

20240509233840-1.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Mikson said:

素晴らしいスコア!😲 リードの上級クラスでは競争に負けています! Gates Of Hell という曲でリード パスを試してみましたか?マスタークラスで最高スコアを達成できるでしょうか?

@BubbleWrapDragon マリリオンの曲でも素晴らしいスコアですが、現時点ではこのクラスではチャンスがありません。😉 
週にどのくらいの時間をこの曲の練習に費やしているのか興味があります。なぜなら、通常、視力から読解力まで大幅に改善できるからです。最終結果?

It's about 3 hours a day.

Judas Priest was too difficult for me and I couldn't finish it 😞 Thank you 😄

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Mikson said:

@ BubbleWrapDragon  Also a great scorein the Marillion song, but we don't have a chance in this class at the moment 😉 
I'm curious how much time you spend practicing the song per week, because usually you can make a big improvement from sight reading to the final result?

Thank you Mikson!
For the last few months, I spent about an hour each day playing the RSC song that I think helps me grow the most. Playing through it once before I slow it down usually to 50% and start working on the parts I get the most misses in until it's clean and sounds great. At the end of the hour, I usually make one more attempt at the full song.
This week I put my focus on both the Rhythm Judas Priest and the Lead Marillion song so It's about 50/50 of my time

It'll certainly take quite a bit longer until I'm able to sightread as well as you do 😁

I also started taking lessons recently - the teacher doesn't know about Rocksmith but said I'm on a good track with my technique.
We will focus more on general musicianship-related concepts instead (i.e. things Rocksmith can't help me with 😝)

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Amisslamb44 said:

It's about 3 hours a day.

Judas Priest was too difficult for me and I couldn't finish it 😞 Thank you

I watched a couple of your YouTube uploads,  よくやった! 
Your dedication certainly comes across in the videos and it motivates me to playing more often as well😊

How long have you been playing if I may ask? 

• Like 4

Improvements

I tried Score Attack and improved a bit. I like this song, but I agree with @ cacahuate51  that the chart is difficult to read in the arpeggio parts.

20240510231919-1.jpg

20240510232429-1.jpg

Good run, I had 0 mistakes after the first parts, but the last two sections are awkward to play and I don't even feel like practicing them...

20240510232303-1.jpg

• Like 8