Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 530

nlbsmglsk

🎶🎸🌃🪩 CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT!!! 🪩🌃🎸🎶

YEEAAHH!!! 🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩

Thank you @ nlbsmglsk  for hosting the week!!

So... here we go!!!

----

rdpZE6E.png

OG4BAMn.png

---

Ghost - Darkness At The Heart Of My Love > I don't know Ghost besides what I've played here in the Championship, but I really did like this song!! Full of emotion. 

fohSFwW.png

---

Seventh Wonder - Unbreakable > I like progressive rock, but this song is way too difficult for me, with many details to learn and is 7 minutes!!! 😵

May try again, but it felt overwhelming.... 

• Like 4

Other lead & rhythm scores

20231217193903-1.jpg

20231218215342-1.jpg

My favorite Billy Idol song, I've played it several times before, but I'm glad I could play it again.

20231217194501-1.jpg20231218220208-1.jpg

I feel like I played this a while ago and I remembered that we played full album chart in the championship. Nice song, but I'm annoyed by the random misses in these arpeggio parts, which are generally not too difficult.

20231217195308-1.jpg20231218221208-1.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/17/2023 at 1:38 PM, Mikson said:

But how do you want to check whether someone played a normal or emulated bass? It is not visible on the screenshots, so the participant would have to mark it himself. So probably no chance.

Yeah, that's a though one, all we can do is appeal to players sense of fair play/sportsmanship. BUT, there already is a similar situation with regards to using RR in submitted scores. Or even photoshoping the images. So I see no problem to include this in the rules. (well, there is a deeper discussion about unenforceable rules, but let's not get philosophical).

btw. I just took a glance at the rules thread to see is this wasn't included and sadly I must conclude that years of accretion made them really hard to parse and unclear. Maybe a rewrite is in order? Surely it would make things easier, especially for new players.

• Like 3

yeah bass emulation is not possible to check....  but since @ nlbsmglsk  brought up the issue of RR and cheating in scores, i wanted to mention this RS addon app called Rock Buddy which is a leaderboard system developed by fellow streamer and friend @ TNTMusicStudios !

Its a leaderboard app for Rocksmith and the scoring features make it impossible to cheat as the score gets unverified if the song is paused or RR is used, it gives accuracy upto 2 decimal points  in learn a song mode, (e.g 88.35) just like the Score Attack mode, check it out for yourself:  https://rock-buddy.com/

these features seem useful for the competition. maybe at some point it can be implemented in the RSC

• Like 5

i dont get it...whats wrong with rr? is there some exploit that im not aware of? only thing i can think of is doing rr and quitting the game session and maybe that gets a high percent... but the streak would be low so it would be obvious that its not the whole song or am i missing something? 

/m/   Genre Custom dlc Playlists  + Weekly Rocksmith championship on Spotify @midi ogre
(you can use Scowalts app to download your liked spotify songs)

1 hour ago, cacahuate51 said:

i dont get it...whats wrong with rr? is there some exploit that im not aware of? only thing i can think of is doing rr and quitting the game session and maybe that gets a high percent... but the streak would be low so it would be obvious that its not the whole song or am i missing something? 

It's probably about playing in slow speed in RR mode or some other tricks, but I don't know what. I often use RR myself because I want to know how many misses I have while playing, but I play at full speed and only at the end I stop the song and turn off RR so that it doesn't rewind to the beginning.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaZrShReD said:

yeah bass emulation is not possible to check....  but since @ nlbsmglsk  brought up the issue of RR and cheating in scores, i wanted to mention this RS addon app called Rock Buddy which is a leaderboard system developed by fellow streamer and friend @ TNTMusicStudios !

Its a leaderboard app for Rocksmith and the scoring features make it impossible to cheat as the score gets unverified if the song is paused or RR is used, it gives accuracy upto 2 decimal points  in learn a song mode, (e.g 88.35) just like the Score Attack mode, check it out for yourself:  https://rock-buddy.com/

these features seem useful for the competition. maybe at some point it can be implemented in the RSC

Wow, cool stuff. Will check it out, thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cacahuate51 said:

19 minutes ago, Mikson said:

It's probably about playing in slow speed in RR mode or some other tricks, but I don't know what. I often use RR myself because I want to know how many misses I have while playing, but I play at full speed and only at the end I stop the song and turn off RR so that it doesn't rewind to the beginning.

See:

On 2/25/2022 at 3:47 AM, nlbsmglsk said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

So what I did is I riff repeated each and every part in this song, most to 100%, in a single run. Took me 6+ hours.

Is this a valid score, or is it considered cheating? I checked the rules and I don't see anything that would forbid this.

On 2/25/2022 at 10:28 PM, Rodman said:

😂 ... log time i have not seen such a post, cool!
Short answer - no not allowed

Long answer - well, scores are allowed for full runs on songs, the only thing allowed is pausing within an attempt, no going back and forth.... there has been quite some discussion about alike screenshots, as they cannot be in all cases separated from legit ones (in your case the mastery is far off the acc as a hint). Well there have been voices among the orgas 5,6 years ago to only allow  Score Attack scores cause of that issue, but i voted against because basically cheating with entrances is easy, also in SA - the pro cheater can replace any note in the song by empty E strings (or whatever) and will get a perfect screener with a 100% on any song, the lame cheater can just photoshop a bit.... it´s a friendly competition and we are all here to improve, if someone thinks he has to push his self confidence by manipulating his entrancescreeners - oh boy.... so be it.
If there will ever be giveaways or anything - a video playthrough will be required for a valid score.

Rod.

On 2/26/2022 at 12:20 AM, Rodman said:

Surely we thought about it. Whatever you do, going back in the song is disallowed (going forward is.. that is useful in the rare case of long long intros, can be skipped by going to RR, moving to first section with played notes and continue song)

Playing the whole song in one pass in RR is no problem.

Rock!!!

from week 435

• Like 3

Yea a single playthrough at correct  speed Is the only correct way . But someone could do as above and achieve a better score . Wouldn't only accepting Score Attack fix that ??(I'm guessing this has been well discussed before)

• Like 4

🎶🎸🌃🪩 CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT!!! 🪩🌃🎸🎶

YEEAAHH!!! 🤟🤩🤟🤩🤟🤩

---

Here we go with my class on rhythm...

This is not my type of music, but is actually a good practice for me!

I am not completely happy with the score but I am improving with the streak, so that is good news. ✌️ It had been hard for me to get a streak over 100 even in easier songs.

6OXnNzz.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ARodtheOriginal said:

ok, here's my first run on Beginner song. I feel like such a noob.  

https://steamcommunity.com/id/ChameleonARod/screenshot/2278322579083441836/

.............that's just a link........ok how do i get the screenshot to just show up in the body?  

Click on the image, then right click -> 'Copy Image Link'
Then paste here, it'll inline automatically.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lowender said:

a better attempt  but i'm still having trouble with rocksmith registering my slides. Is anyone else having problems with this song?

ad bass 2.jpg

I think when I detune my bass , some of the notes are getting choked out bc i have to loosen the truss rod or something. Is this my excuse to buy a 5 string??

29 minutes ago, gspot said:

I think when I detune my bass , some of the notes are getting choked out bc i have to loosen the truss rod or something. Is this my excuse to buy a 5 string??

probable solution: drop tune pedal or thicker string gauge... 5 string make it tough for sight-reading for me at least the extra string throws me off! most standard scale basses should handle D standard pretty good with the correct gauge... 

• Like 1